The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos.(27)

Due to my sophomore year quickly coming to an end, I am swamped with projects and finals and homework and reviews, so because of that I will be unable to post or write anything for a little over a week. If ever there is a break in my hectic schedule of drivers end, job, sickness and school, I will write but I can not promise a substantial post. I'm sorry for errors in spelling and for the lack of being dedicated but I really need to keep my grades up. Please understand if I do post and it comes out like poo~ haha. Byeeeee~

“I'm sorry for how I acted yesterday.” I mumbled to Chase as we walked to the field. It was probably one of the last things I wanted to say, or admit but after the hour long discussion I had with my Mom about how it's important to forgive but not forget I decided that because my Mom usually is always right that I should take this piece of advice and swallow my pride.

The grass was moist with dew, the grass we kicked up sticking to our bare legs. I had probably been up this early before, but if so I didn't remember. The sky was wide open above us, without any pine trees to block the edges. The sun wasn't up yet, but was rising casting the prettiest, lightest pink the sky has ever been to me.

It took a moment for Chase to speak, I couldn't help but hope it was because he was admiring the field with it's green crisp grass, and how the sky looked heavenly... but I doubted he would take that much into surroundings he had seen his entire life.

“No. You were right, what I did to you over the summer was completely wrong and I feel horrible about it.” Chase said sympathetically, and made awkward eye contact with me. “I really do feel bad... I'm sorry I did that to you.” Chase broke the eye contact to stare down at the green grass and I made a face.

“What about Maddy?” I asked quietly. “You knew me what? Two days before you kissed me, and you dated her for over a year Chase... I accept your apology because we really do need to work together on this field but I'm not the person you should be begging for forgiveness.”

“Whose begging?” Chase snapped defensively and I eyed him curiously.

“Wrong choice of words, but you get where I'm going with this.” I insisted, and Chase sighed.

“Look, I understand why you were hurt, and where you are coming from but I have a lot to shift through before I'm capable to talk to Maddy.” I could hear the pain in Chase's voice and it made me feel horrible. “I mean I'm pretty much the reason she transferred schools. How am I supposed to look at her now?” Chase squeezed a soccer ball between the palms of his hands, attempting to squeeze all the air out of it in frustration.

“Wait. WHAT?” I demanded and Chase stared at me.

“Yeah... Maddy goes to a private, all girls school a town away now all because of me.” Chase explained and I gawked at him, feeling my heart begin to gain weight.

“Well. You sure know how to make a girl feel like crap.” I groaned snatching the ball from him, dropping it and kicking it down the field as far as I could out of frustration. “Let's play.” I insisted ending that conversation subject.

***

We didn't get anywhere remotely on the same ground, because right when we started playing, aggression came out, the fact neither wanted to lose didn't help with the sportsmanship, and we ended up getting frustrated with each other.

As it started nearing the beginning of school we went down to the locker room to freshen up and get ready.

“Well, that was pretty much pointless.” Chase said sourly and I rolled my eyes.

“Tell me about it, if anything I just want you more dead.” I joked halfheartedly and Chase threw his sweat covered shirt at me.

“At least we're kind of friends, that's going to make being a member of this team a little easier on you. None of the guys liked you too much because they knew how I felt about you.” Chase pointed out and I rolled my eyes.

“Please all I would have to say is you made me cry and your precious team would turn on you in seconds.” I smirked at my reasoning, and Chase frowned.

“I made you cry..?” He asked and broke our eye contact.

“It isn't too hard to accomplish, I cry when I get angry. It's pretty pathetic.” I pulled my own shirt off, and was thinking of a way to get my bra on without taking my sports bra off, when I laughed out loud, making Chase just stare at me. “I forgot the stall is open, you almost got a free show!” I ran into the only stall, with my sports bag and continued getting ready. “Oh god, this stall is SO GROSS!” I screamed and Chase laughed.

“Yeah... we don't EVER use that, only Chunk.”

“Chunk... the boy who uses it to do his dirty work?”

“Yup, he thinks you're hot by the way.”

“yeah, yeah. Tell him to join the club.” I laughed, avoiding contact with the toxic toilet and I quickly threw a shirt on and a pair of baggy shorts.

“There's a club? Where are the meetings, I think the entire team needs to start attending them.” I opened the stall door wide and glared insanely dirty at Chase.

“Just cuz I can pretend to not get incredibly annoyed by your existence DOES NOT MEAN you and your icky little friends that are my team members can hit on me. Understood? Tell them to think of me as one of the guys, one of the team, because that is all I will EVER be to any of them.” My expression and tone was cold, and cut Chase off but I didn't even care as I packed up my stuff and walked out.