The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos.(7)

When I got home, my parents didn't say anything. Not about Chase, not about how I was gone all day. Nothing. I just grabbed a bite to eat and headed to my room. The air conditioning finally got hooked up through my house, they probably hurried to do that when the heat peaked around noon. Thank God, because it didn't feel like it was getting any nicer out. There was just a lot of bugs, and it was muggy out. So the house was a treat, and if it was like this tomorrow I would probably stay indoors. Inside my room was like an arctic tundra, as I gathered clothing and rushed off to shower. 

I had a feeling that staying in Florida wouldn't be so bad. I didn't mean to lie to the group I hung out with today, but I didn't want to get into a sob fest. Of course moving thirteen states away from my friends, and my life was hard. I cried like a baby to the airport. I told my parents that I understood why it was important because my Dad was super excited to get this job, so I knew why they wanted me to go so badly. I had to agree, my parents, especially my Mother is my best friend. I had to go with them... But an obligation and a want are two very different things.  

I wanted to stay in New Hampshire, I wanted to stay with my friends. What teenager WANTS to move states away?!  

But now that I was here, and trying to find reasons to go back... I couldn't. My room was spacious, and my parents were letting me do anything with it. And already I had people that I knew, so I wouldn't totally be lost come the first day of school. I was in the shower thinking about all this. When I got out, I towel dried, changed and went back into my room quickly because I was still damp and the cold are was making me shiver.  

Before I could hide in my blankets, and give my body a well needed break- something hit my window. I jumped, and continued to my bed pretending nothing happened. It happened again, so I slowly walked over and peered out- and spotted Chase standing in my yard. My mouth practically dropped and I pried the window open. 

"Chase!" I whisper, yelled, if that makes any sense. "What are you doing here?!" 

"You forgot your shirt!" He whispered yelled back, waving my white shirt in his hand. I just rolled my eyes. 

"I know its with you! Now leave before someone sees you!" I insisted. 

"I'm tempted to wear it! Just come and get it! No one will know!" I sighed heavily at Chase's words, before exiting my room and snuck out the front door because my parents had by now retreated to their room for the night. They liked their alone time, and I understood that.  

I slipped through the door and walked to Chase. The sun was preparing to set, and the sky was a gorgeous color of pink. I could get used to this... 

Chase reached out to hand me my shirt, but when I gripped it- he yanked it back- sending me flying into him. We collided, and fell into the freshly cut grass, it still smelled delicious. I tried being quite as I whined out his name as we hit the lawn- with me on top of Chase, our foreheads hitting each others lightly. I whined about how that hurt even though it didn't. Chase just laughed. 

"Just look." he insisted, grabbing my chin and making me look out into the sky. The sun was setting, the orange and pink setting into black. I sighed at the sight. It was so pretty, my mouth was open slightly, as I stared mesmerized at the sky. We didn't have sunsets in New Hampshire like this.. "I thought you would like that." Chase said, and I looked up at him- just realizing then that we were tangled in each other. Our legs were rapped around each others, and I was wearing pajama shorts so they weren't hiding much of anything. Our stomachs were touching, and we were mere inches from each others lips. I got really flustered then, my face getting red. 

This was the closest I have ever been to a guy...  

But before I could do anything, Chase leaned in, and pressed his lips against mine. I gasped at the feeling of his soft lips, but kissed back- relishing at the feeling. Quickly, I did what I had wanted to do since I had seen him, I ran my fingers through his silky hair and smiled into the kiss pulling away. 

First kiss went pretty perfect. 

Chase was smiling back at me, but I didn't know what to say- so my sweet smiled turned into a smirk. "Thanks for returning my shirt." I said, before lifting myself off him and grabbed my shirt that was lying on the ground in a big wad. 

"S-Sylvia?!" Chase asked, at first he was loud- but then he remembered that he was outside of my house, in the dark. Which wouldn't end well if we got caught. I was walking towards my door- and turned around quickly to throw him a smirk and walked into my house, closing the door lightly. 

I slept perfectly last night, thinking about how perfect living here was going to be. I thought though that I was moving really fast considering we've known each other for like two days. But I couldn't bring myself to regret the kiss... it was too perfect. 

The next morning, I got changed in another pair of shorts and a tank top that hasn't been stretched in the wash and threw my hair into a pony tail. I was planning on spending the day with my family, and helping to unpack. That and stay in the nice air conditioned house because by just looking outside I felt ten degrees hotter. 

After breakfast, and a nice banter with my parents there was a knock on the door. I ran to answer it, and to the butterflies in my stomachs surprise it was Chase. 

"Hey! The gang is planning on swimming at my house today- you in?" He asked, and I said yeah. He told me that they would be here around noon which was in about a half in hour. I rushed to get a quick bag together, of sun screen, sunglasses, towel, change of cloths. The usual, and my own bathing suit what was a tank-ini. I just knew I was going to get shit for that. 

I told my parents I would be across the street, and left.  

Everyone was already over there, everyone from yesterday but an extra girl. She was tiny, and had blonde hair and looked so nice. Like I don'y know how someone can look so open and welcoming but she did. I just had to walk over to her to introduce myself. 

"Hi." I smiled. "I'm-." 

"Sylvia! I've heard a lot about you. I'm Madeline."  

We chatted for about fifteen minutes, till Chase came out with a pained expression, immediately I felt worried.  

"Hey Chase.. Everything cool?" I asked without thinking, but without warning Chase came behind Madeline and wrapped his arms around her waist- making her smile bigger but my eyes just widened.  

"Oh- look Chase. You scared her! She probably doesn't know." Madeline smiled happily. "I'm Chase's girlfriend." 

DUN DUN DUN!!!! 

muahahaa 

hes a jerk!