The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos.(14)

"Hey, before we jump in I'll run through names again- it looks like you're lost." She laughed and I laughed too, grateful.  

"Thank you!"  

When we got to the bridge, it wasn't really a usable bridge it was just two tracks, and looked like it was never finished. I stared down at the rushing water below with the girls, and suddenly loud noises were coming from the trail we just finished walking up.  

"Finally you dunce heads got here!" Taunya laughed, as the boys came hustling up the hill. There was only Chase, Ryan and Nick. "Let's get in! Ryan go first!" 

"Why am I always the first one?!" He demanded and we laughed. 

"Because if you bash your head, you wont miss anything!" Nick joked, and Ryan shrugged like he agreed. I didn't know where else to look but the decomposing bridge beneath me. Chase was awkwardly staring at me, and if I knew he was going to be like this I wouldn't of come.  

Before I knew it, people were jumping off the bridge into the water and my heart was racing. It was really high up, the last people up were Chase and I.  

"Sylvia-" Chase began suddenly, but I didn't wait to hear him say anything, him trying to spark conversation was enough incentive to jump under the water now.  

The rest of the time while swimming went by quickly, with nothing eventful happening. I ignored Chase at all costs because I honestly didn't want to see his face. I spent most of my time trying not to drown, hiding from sun light, fending off Ryan, and talking to Jamie. She was a really chill person, and when we finally made it to where we dropped the cars off my whole body ached.  

"Ready to go home?" Jamie laughed, and I nodded, throwing my long hair in to a pony tail. Telling myself I'll worry about the horrible knots later. When we were decided whose car people would go into to make it the best eco-friendly route home Jamie knew that I didn't want to ride home with Chase even though that made more sense than her driving out of her way. The way home, she didn't tell me how she knew, but I figured she probably could tell by how I blatantly ignored him the whole day. I really wished I could see past Chase being a douche bag so I could continue hanging out with his friends, they were a lot of fun.  

When we pulled on to my road, I noticed Abel laying back out in the grass and requested Jamie let me out now. She fallowed my instruction but looked confused while doing it, then noticed Abel. 

"Oh... you're friends with him?" She asked, and I gave her the same confused look.  

"Yeah. He seems really nice." I insisted, unsure of her tone. She pursed her lips. 

"He moved here during our freshman year, he keeps to himself mostly. I'm surprised he's talking to you is all." Jamie answered my unspoken question and I smiled at her. As I was about to close the door to her little two door car she stopped me. "And Sylvia... I can see the friction between you and Chase. I, along with the rest of the clan can tell really but, Chase isn't THAT bad." She smiled reassuringly and I nodded before slamming the door. When I turned back around, I heard Jamie pull away from the side walk and spotted Abel staring at me with a blank expression. I smiled at him, unsure what else I could do. 

I didn't know why I wanted her to stop here so I could talk to him, but I knew I really wanted to be his friend. 

"Hi." I said, staring down at the long blades of grass. I didn't notice before hot unkempt his lawn was compared to the rest in the neighborhood. Abel didn't say anything, he just stared at me. My face turned red and I bit my lip. "...Do you want me to leave?" I asked, biting my lip kicking myself for creeping on his lawn once again without permission.  

Immediately Abel sat up and shook his head no. In the back of my head, I thought about how Jamie just told me he keeps to himself, maybe he just isn't good with people, especially strange girls who insist on creeping on his lawn. "No! Stay." He smiled and uncontrollably my heart swelled at his excitement, I smiled and planted myself beside him. Maybe because he wasn't good with people, and didn't have a lot of friends he was content with any company.  

"So, is this sort of an annul thing? Laying on lawn?" I asked sarcastically, laying back but propping myself up on my elbows so I could look at Abel. He had a prominent frown on his face for some reason, but I could see the corners of his mouth go up even if it was ever so slightly finding amusement in my words. 

"Pretty much." He admitted and I smiled. "This is better than what a lot of people think I do." Abel said, catching my off guard. 

"What do they think you do?" I asked, suddenly more intense and curious than I could handle. Abel looked at me out of the corner of my eye. 

"They think I'm some closet WOW player." He joked, and I laughed. 

"Oh! Don't hate on those World of Warcraft kids!" I continued along with the joke, thinking that isn't what he was going to say but I didn't push him any further. 

"Tell your friends that." He spat, more angry than I had ever heard him and I frowned. 

"You're talking about Jamie?" I asked even though it was obvious. 

"Not just her, you probably hang out with the rest of the soccer jocks." He said venomously. "Like Chase, and Ryan and Taunya." Abel said their names with a lot of anger.  

"Why are you saying their names like that?" I asked, unsure what else I should say. 

"I knew you were into soccer, it's why you run around the neighborhood but I didn't think they would get to you so soon," he sighed. "You'll see, soon enough you will be just like them. Stuck up and brats." Abel rolled his eyes and I frowned. 

"No, I will never be like them. Especially not Taunya. She says things with double meanings and I don't like it." I said randomly before continuing. "I'm not really friends with them anyway, not with the way I treat Chase." I half smirked and Abel looked at me to continue. "I'm just really mean to his is all. Everyone knows I don't like him but my Mom is forcing me to go to some stupid party his family throws every year." I grimaced and Abel snorted. 

"Thank God I have never been invited to that." He laughed and I got an devious idea. 

"Would you have gone if you were invited?" I asked frowning a little and Abel looked at me curiously. 

"I don't know, I never really thought about it. It's just a bunch of people in the neighborhood my family and I don't talk to. It would probably just be some awkward experience I wouldn't care to live through." He insisted and my slight frown went deeper. 

"But... If I invited you do you think you would go?" I asked, turning on my charm and my puppy dog eyes. I had only really ever used this much power on my Dad and immediately he would always cave. Abel didn't waver. 

"Hell no," he laughed. "but nice try!" he laughed and I continued frowning, moments passed in a sad silence until Abel frowned. "Why would you want me to go?" He asked suddenly and I perked up instantly. 

"Because!" I whined, "I don't want to be alone in this! Out of everyone in this whole neighborhood I like you the best!" I insisted, pleading with my eyes for Abel to say yes.  

"I don't really think I'm welcome..." Abel said lamely and I frowned. 

"You'll be going with me! And his Mom really seemed like she wanted me there." I grimaced, "please, please, please, please, please, pleassssseeeeee!" I whined and it looked like it was annoying Abel the right amount. 

"I don't even know who you are!" He laughed but I could see him caving. 

"We can change that! We will go to the party together, and get to know each other. Trust me, I'm a great person!" I said sarcastically and he rolled his eyes. 

"Oh look, already as stuck up as Chase." Abel laughed. 

"But I'm prettier." I said without thinking, and Abel didn't agree or disagree.

ahh, wished it was longer.  

tell me what you think!  

and stop hating on Abel!