The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos.(11)

Ever since that one awkward night, I haven't left my house with anyone but my parents. I went to the mall a couple day ago with my Mom, for a brief school shopping session. She felt that I needed new jeans, even though I would have no place to put any of it. 

Their mall was much bigger than the one I was used to, so I thought moving at least had one perk. The summer was slowly ending, and I knew I would have to face people some time. I kind of didn't want to though, I had a feeling that I ripped apart a really good relationship, and that if it went around that I was the reason, no one would like me. They would immediately think I'm a slut.  

I've talked to my Mom about this, not my Dad. I had the feeling that he would bring out the shot gun. (what dad didn't have one of those lying around for hormonal teenage boys?) I've also talked to my friends from New Hampshire, mostly Hailey though. I didn't want everyone knowing I kissed a boy already, probably because it would just cause unneeded drama. 

We've finished unpacking everything, and the house really came together. We painted most of the rooms, including mine- and through that week spent most of the time outside because the fumes were so intense I thought I was high most of the time. It was hard to imagine that we had moved in here less than a month ago, because everything looked like it belonged. I wouldn't admit it to Hailey, or anyone else but my mom... maybe, but I was glad I moved. I liked the house, I didn't like who was outside the house. 

We also finished cleaning up the yard, and my Mom was having a blast at gardening everything. She couldn't wait for the outside to blend in with the rest of the neighborhood. My Mom didn't like being the eye sore of the neighborhood.  

Outside though, when I helped her build a swing for the porch (that my Dad still will not sit on... wimp.), I always ran the risk of seeing Chase. Some times I did, and I could feel his eyes on my back. My Mom was really good and pretending I was busy though, acting like I actually had a green thumb. Have I told her lately I love her?... I hope so. 

I hated being out there though, not just because it seemed to be an average of eighty EVERY DAY, and was hard to breath- but because I couldn't look him in the eye. How we left it the night of the cook out was burned into my memory.  

That night, I watched Chase put his comic books away like they were gold. Which to him, they are. I wouldn't admit this either, but I found it really cool that he collected comic books. It beats my collection of TY Beenie babies that I gave up on when I hit ten. They were still in boxes in our basement though. But I also knew if I ever needed revenge, kid nap the Hulk sometime.  

Then we were called down for hotdogs and hamburgers and I wasn't hungry. I was still thinking about how Madeline left, and how it was all my fault. Well, not ALL my fault, I didn't know Chase had a girlfriend but I still should not of kissed him. I didn't know Chase, and still I let him kiss me. I wasn't right of me, so I couldn't give him all of the blame no matter how badly I wanted to. And no matter how much Hailey and my Mom said it was all his fault.  

Nothing really happened, at all. I was becoming really bored with the all of nothing that was happening. I organized my closet for the third time to fit the jeans my Mom bought me, and just hung around the house watching Tough Love, or those other stupid VH1 shows like Undateable.  

It was pathetic, that's how my summer went, hanging out with my Mom. It was close to the end of August before Chase turned up again. 

Once again, his parents came over, with him fallowing slowly behind them. We were sitting on the porch swing, so they just stopped by the stairs. 

"Howdy neighbor!" Chase's Mom, I forget her name... said. I eyed her curiously. I thought only people from Texas said Howdy, but it could have been a joke I just didn't get. My Mom smiled. 

"Hi! Long time no see." My mom was really good and making conversation out of nothing. I wasn't. 

"Oh, I know. The summer is coming to an end, and we have an annual cookout slash pool party that the whole neighborhood is invited to. We would love it if you and your husband could attend." My Mom was still smiling, but I felt like I had purposely been excluded from the invite, but the way the Dad smiled and it too... meant I was inviting she was just horrible at inviting people. I looked away from Chase's Dad, and at the floor of the porch. Anything but Chase, anything. 

"That sounds like so much fun, when would it be?" Did my Mom have to sound so excited? Really!  

"Next Saturday, and don't worry Sylvia, Chase invites lots of friends so you will know people besides him when you enter school this year." I looked up smiled half heartedly. They must not of known that I already met some of his friends, and if I could I would like to avoid them to make this less awkward. 

"Oh... wonderful." I tried to make it sound like I was excited but it was hard to find my voice. My mom rubbed my knee briefly. 

"That sounds wonderful." my mom smiled wider. "I'm not sure what my workaholic husband is doing, but I know I and Syli (pronounced Silly) will be there." My Mom insisted, and Chase's Mom smiled. 

"Oh good! I know you will love the rest of the neighbors we have been here for years and everyone is just amazing. There is only one people we don't invite, but that's because through all the time we have lived here, and every time we invited them they have never came. We just stopped about three years ago." Even though there was no one else around us, she said it all hush, hush like they could hear us. I wanted to roll my eyes. 

"Well, good to know. Sylvia and I were just taking a break before we went back in the house to continue working." Such a liar, I hide a devious smile behind a simple one. Our house has been pretty much done for two weeks now, my Mom has just never been one for gossip. She never really cared what anyone was doing unless it involved her, that's probably were I got it.  

Chase's Mom suspected nothing while going back across the street and we went back in. 

"Ugh, tell me we did not just move into the wanna be desperate house wives, please!" My Mom complained as we settled into the living room to watch TV. 

"ha. I just cant believe you actually said yes to go over there, for both of us. What if I don't want to?" I asked, hoping she wouldn't make me. 

"I'm sorry Syli, but if I'm going so are you. Just like what she said, theres going to be a lot of kids there. You should get to know other people who aren't rude and liars before you go into the school so you aren't alone." 

"What if their all like that though? I would prefer to be alone." I admitted, as my mom settled on watching Judge Judy. 

"I doubt everyone that goes to your new school will be like Chase. Do you ever think your going to talk to him again? He kept looking at you, you know. Like he wanted to say something." 

"Let him look all he wants. I don't care what he says I don't want to be his friend." 

My mom smiled. "That's my girl. Don't let a few sweet words convince you he's a nice person, I let that happen to me, and that's how I got stuck with your father." my mom said sarcastically and I just rolled my eyes. "but don't think you're off the hook, it's the end of the summer bash and you're going."  

I know it's short, but im not really sure where im going with this so bare with me. 

i just thought thought you would want something. 

comment and sub. 

what's hot?!