The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos (45) THE END

<---vooootee?

This is the end chapter, please enjoy and tell me what you think in a comment below. 

**********

I woke up to Abel's sleeping face. Honestly, I couldn't think of a better way of waking up besides knowing that he was finally safe and out of harms way. My Mom was insanely understanding about me wanting to spend the last days I could with Abel. He spent 3 in the hospital, and had 2 days after check out to collect his things and say his goodbyes. My Mom allowed me to miss school, as long as I collected my work after wards to spend the days with him until he had to leave, and I was insanely thankful.

Finally, I felt happy. I didn't even want to drag myself out of his bed and be away from him for even a half an hour but I knew it had to be done. After everything I had learned once I sat down with my Mother, I needed to straighten everything else out. I didn't wake Abel up as I crawled out of his bed, and away from his warm arm that had encased me for most of the night. His Mom, to be expected was insanely amazing. She let me sleep with him, with the promise we wouldn't do anything “over the top.”

“You have a long time to be like that, you don't need to jump each others pants just yet.” Sarah said, and Abel and I laughed to cover up the awkward atmosphere that I was pretty sure Sarah was completely aware would happen when she said that statement. If my Mom was here, she would not be cool with this, but for the past couple days we had been sleeping in the same bed.

Just in case of someone coming over unexpectedly, we had a rumpled blanket laid out on the couch. I thought it was a nice touch.

I needed to stop making it a habit of getting up, barely running a brush through my hair and running to my car. It was important to shower daily, and I know that but it's the soccer team I have no one to impress on that team really.

Speaking of a car, there was a brand new one sitting in Abel's driveway with my name on the title. My Father thought that it would be a good idea for me to get my own car, and let my Mother keep the one that she's had. I knew why he was doing this, why he bought me a car, gave my Mother a check with large sum of money to keep her living the lifestyle that she has been for twenty years, and offered to pay for my entire college tuition, for as long as I'm in school.

He wanted to be a part of my life, and was doing that the same way he did when we lived in New Hampshire, I barely saw him but got whatever I wanted. To my Father, that was how he showed love and affection. Though I really wasn't interested in seeing him for awhile, because I knew I would say something that would crush him, I knew I couldn't go forever without seeing my Dad. We would need to come to some kind of agreement no matter how strained I can only imagine it being at this time, it would need to happen.

My Father didn't have to offer to my Mom money, or let her keep the house so he could live in an apartment near the hospital. He didn't have to buy my car, or tell my Mom that he would support me throughout my college years. He didn't have to do any of that, now that my parents aren't together, so it was nice enough of him to do this but... it did very little to stop the anger I held towards him.

It wasn't all his fault. This last week has been awful, and everything that happened to fast that sometimes I doubted it all really happened and that I would look over at Abel and he wouldn't have that bright blue cast on, or have bruises on his face. Sometimes I think I'd go home, cook dinner with my Mom and we could expect my Dad to walk through the door twenty minutes late like usual. Sometimes I picture that as I'm driving to the soccer field, to have yet another talk with my coach that I'm really going to pick up Devon, and I can relive that week I had with her and do everything differently.

Devon still has not talked to me, and is currently not dating her geeky boyfriend. Sometimes I feel like that is my fault, but then I remember that I pin none of the blame on my Mother for the fact her husband cheated on her, and though it isn't the same, somehow it makes sense to me.

Sometimes I question if I should have gone to that hospital or not. Maybe if I wasn't so hot headed and impulsive I never would have discovered something that radically changed my world in a matter of moments. But then again, it also isn't my fault that my Father wasn't happy in the relationship, it was just poor timing on my part. I can wish all I want that none of last week happened, but that doesn't change the fact that it did, and at the moment I am driving to the field to talk with Coach who is going to forever regret letting a girl on the team because every single one of us has overpowering feelings and righteousness. I'm willing to bet all the money my Dad wrote on that check for my Mom that neither Chase or Ryan has come to him with so many complaints or problems, or caused his this much grief.

There is no going back to redoing anything, there is only right now and today. I would be spending the last few hours with my best friend, before he moved states away from me. Skype can surprisingly make you feel only a few houses apart though, which will always be heart warming to remember.

My life, even in such a short amount of time has changed and there is no going back, and even though everything that happened is horrible, and everything would be better if it didn't that isn't necessarily true. If I never went into that hospital, I never would have found that my Dad was cheating on my Mother and they probably would still be together today, which isn't fair to me or especially my Mom. She deserves the world on a solid gold, diamond incrusted platter hand delivered by Taylor Lautner, not to be cheated on by someone who promised to love her forever, unconditionally.

If my Dad never cheated on my Mother, I never would have gone to Chase as a shoulder to cry on. Meaning I never would have become closer with Chase, or realized that he is an alright person. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt when I say that, hopefully I don't have to be crying for him to be nice to me, especially after today. Still, if I never got closer to Chase, Abel never would have picked a fight with me, Chase never would have defended me... and Abel never would have picked a fight with his Dad after everything was said and done.

I'm being selfish, and deranged when I take some credit for getting his Step Dad in jail. I'm wrong when I think that, but I don't stop myself because it makes the fact that Abel is leaving me a little bit easier. He will be safer far away from here, and at least his Mom will be following shortly after. Also, his Dad has another wife who apparently is so nice Sarah wants to occasionally beat her. Abel has met her before, at every Christmas since he was ten, so at least I know he's going into a good home.

Soccer practice had started, and everything looked perplexed when they saw my BMW pull into the dirt parking lot that was made for spectators. I climbed out of the car in the shorts I had slept in the night before and a tap top that for the first time since I can remember after moving here, it actually covered my whole stomach.

I didn't feel a pang of fear that I was being judged by any of them. They hadn't seen me in so long that I was greeted with wide smiles, and bright eyes. News traveled fast, and the story of Abel moving to Atlanta was no exception of that. He hadn't been back since the fight, and neither have I. I was still completely caught up in every single class, but one thing I definitely have not been showing up for is soccer practice. Coach understood more than I could have hoped, and though I couldn't participate in this weeks soccer games after Abel leaves, I could still come back which was a brand new rule fit in just for me.

Everyone greeted my happily, giving me high fives and hugs. They asked if I was going to attend this practice, which I broke a lot of hearts when I said that I wouldn't be, because I was just here to discuss something with Coach.

Coach ordered everyone continue with their warm up practice as I went to start the conversation with him.

“So I see your Mom called you!” He smiled and I made a face. “What? She didn't tell you that Ryan called me, and you have a full scholarship to TAMPA!” Coach rejoiced, causing a lot of my team mates to look at me in envy. I made an ever more regrettable face.

“I kind of figured I would get ...something.” I admitted sheepishly, and I could tell I was confusing this poor man once again.

“Yeah, but a whole scholarship for soccer, that is incredible. Aren't you excited?” He questioned.

“Yeah, I mean that is awesome... but I don't need it as badly as others.” I insisted, and immediately Coach understood. “If I didn't move to this school, this scholarship would be Chases'. He never complained, or mentioned that to me but I know everyone is thinking it. Though I'm touched and feel amazing to know I'm good enough to get that scholarship, my Father has offered to pay my entire way through college. I wont need this scholarship, but Chase will. You should tell that Ryan guy to look at him, he deserves it so much more.” I explained, and thought Coach understood I could tell he didn't agree.

“Sylvia. Going to Tampa, on a full scholarship for soccer isn't something you can just give away to someone. You need to really consider this.”

“I have. I know what I want to do outside of high school and it isn't this. I don't want to be dependent on soccer to get me by. As long as I do good in soccer I can stay in Tampa? No. I don't want to stay here in Florida, I want to go to Atlanta, and by telling you now that Ryan guy has an opportunity to look at Chase!”

“Sylvia..” Coach breathed.

“No! Chase is good and he deserves a chance. I don't want to play soccer out of high school, I don't need that scholarship and I'm not even staying in Florida. It's already been decided.” I butted in stubbornly, and Coach was nodding.

“Alright. Alright. You're right, I can't make you take this scholarship. You're doing a nice thing for a friend.” Coach said, and I smiled.

“I have to be nice to one friend..” I mumbled, starting to say my goodbye's when he grabbed my arm and looked me deeply in the eyes.

“Sweetheart. What happened to Abel is not your fault. Just because he confided in you... he asked you not to tell anyone. You were being nice, and a good friend when you didn't. I'm sure Abel still loves you.” My smile turned genuine as he let me go.

“Of course.” I nodded, before walking away.

Sometime in my short conversation with the coach, the team had stopped playing their scrimmage and turned towards us.

“Get back to work!” Coach demanded, but Chase was standing in the middle of the mob that was my team.

“GET HER!” Chase yelled, and instantly my team members were charging at me. Chase circled me in his arms before everyone else but it didn't stop this huddle of twenty kids from trying to get some form of a hug from me.

“Oh my God, BODDIES!” I laughed, as hands grabbed at me. “Hand on my butt! There is a hand FIRMLY placed on my butt. Unless you all want to die, someone move that hand!” I screamed, but my playful tone won out over anything. Everyone broke out into laughter, and I was forced to stay in that position, with their sweaty bodies locked on to mine. “But no really, move your hand.” I insisted sternly, and Ryan laughed.

“Opportunist, sorry.” Ryan said, pulling his hand away.

“Pervert.” I mumbled, and I felt Chase laugh by how closely he held me. I pulled away and looked at him.

“Thank you.” He breathed, and I smiled at him.

“Anytime, Welcome Wagon.” His eyes twinkled briefly, and I was feeling extremely happy as I climbed back into my car. Even though Abel would be leaving, and I would be rendered forever alone... I still had this wonderful group of touchy boys I could come to, and a new found friend that I never saw coming.

Before I could pull out of the parking lot, Chase ran up to the car.

“Hey, what are you doing this afternoon?” He asked, and I frowned.

“Probably going to throw a little pity party for myself, in my bed, in care bear jammies and noo bra.” I said a little too bluntly. “Yeah, sorry.” I laughed awkwardly.

“No. Don't worry about it. Feel better okay?” He asked, and I nodded.

“I will. I hope.”

The ride back to Abel's house wasn't as full of thoughts. This times I just worried about what I was going to do when Abel left. I was thankful to have a team that missed me as much as they did, but I couldn't hang out with them. I don't have the same morals or values as anyone on that team, and I had no interest going to anymore parties after the last one I attended.

****************

“Why does yours look better than mine?” Abel whined, eying my ice cream sundae curiously. I looked at him dangerously, while adding more sprinkles to my masterpiece.

“Maybe because I have two working hands? That's just my first guess that, I could go on.” I answered sarcastically, throwing a smirk at him. Before I knew what was happening, Abel had ducked his head and took a large mouthful of my ice cream. I stared at him incredulously as he swallowed, and smiled sweetly at me.

“Tastes better too. You have a talented touch.” Abel pointed out and I glared at him.

“You ate the cherry... that's the best part you monster!” I roared playfully, and charged after him. Abel saw it coming though, and took off through the dinning room, dashing his way to through the living room to get to the stairs but before he could the door bell rang, making him stop in his tracks but because he was already half way up the stairs I beat him to the door.

I threw the door open excitedly, about to scare the crap out of the person on the other side, when it was the other way around. The man that stood there was at least six feet tall, and a thirty year old Abel. They looked identical, and I gulped. Their black hair, and oddly colored skin, especially for Abel who lives in Florida...

“Hello dear, you must be Sylvia. I'm Daniel, Abel's Father.” He introduced himself, and all I could do was nod. Abel popped up behind me, and opened the door more letting his Dad in, and a little blonde woman I just noticed.

I also just noticed that that little blonde had a noticeably large baby bump. She also had that pregnant lady glow that caused every lady between the age of forty to ninety run up and touch your belly, or at least stare at you enviously.

“It's good to see you.” Abel said, letting his Dad give him a weak hug.

“I would get you in a vice grip... but I don't think you would be able to handle my hulk like strength.” I stiffened a laugh, because this man had the arm muscle of Abel, which wasn't much.

After they all greeted, Abel turned to his Fathers pregnant wife and smiled. “Well Madison, how far along are you?” Abel asked, and I could tell by his tone that he wasn't as freaked out about it as I was. He was happy, which made all weird feelings I had about this old couple bringing another life into the world wash away.

“Four months.” She smiled, hugging her belly with his arms. I smiled at them.

The next hour was spent in the living room, and I used this precious time to cling to Abel and learn more about the family he would be staying with. Sarah was right, Madison was an overly happy person. She never once stopped smiling. It was unnerving. But the time had come when I had to say goodbye to Abel, his Dad went outside to swing the car around to make packing it with Abel's belongings easier. I followed Abel upstairs to give him assistance with his bags but everyone agreed that Madison shouldn't try helping because of her baby and everything. That didn't stop her from insisting she was going to hold all the doors open.

Upstairs in Abel's room I was staggered to see how much it had changed.

“I saved all the big stuff until the last minute... to make it easier I guess.” Abel said lamely, and I frowned. He saved all the big things to spare me from looking at his bare walls and dressers. I felt the tears I had been fighting all afternoon begin to prick my eyes.

“Hey, no. No tears.” Abel said immediately, wrapping his arm around me, letting his hard cast just graze my skin.

“I don't want you to leave.” I cried, feeling foolish for finally telling him what I had wanted to since he told me he had to. “Please don't, I swear, my Mom will take you in. You can live with me and... you wont have to go.” I explained into his shoulder but before he had to give me an answer to my proposition I could feel his shaking his head.

“I can't do that Sylvia.” Abel whispered, running his good hand through my hair, trying to soothe me.

“Why not? You would be no bother and you would be safe there... please Abel.” I begged, letting my tears flow freely.

“I know I would be safe with you, and that you Mom would let me live with you... but I have to go to Atlanta. My Mom is already selling the house, because she's leaving. I'm sorry.” Abel explained and I hugged him tighter. He let me, even though I could quite possibly be causing him pain. “Please don't cry anymore.”

I swallowed the little of my pride I had left. “Fine.” I muttered, pulling away from him and wiping my tears. I sniffed for a moment before grabbing his bags. “C'mon, before they start thinking we're up to no good.”

“Oh if only...” Abel sighed, making me slap his good arm.

“Hey! I'm already damaged goods!”

Once everything was packed in, Abel gave me a long hung as everyone else got in the car. His Mom had gotten home from the hospital and was crying as hard as I wanted to be, but every time I looked at her Abel would keep mouthing at me 'no tears.'

As Abel continued hugging me, he whispered so quietly no one else heard. “Promise me you wont cry.” I swallowed hard, unsure if I was capable of keeping that promise but the way he continued holding me made me realize he wasn't letting go until I did.

...I seriously contemplated not saying it, just so he would have to stay here.

“I promise.” I muttered, and gave him one more squeeze trying to memorize the way he smelled and pressed against me perfectly.

“Thank you.” He smiled, pulling away from me, and climbing into the car with his Dad and step mother after giving another hug to Sarah, and gave an awkward wave. A familiar feeling began creeping into my heart as his Dad started the car, and pulled away from the curb beeping the horn loudly. It echoed in the neighborhood, and at the moment all I wanted to do was cry. I promised though, and though I had no true feelings of keeping it... I would at least not tell him I cried.

He was my best friend, what did he honestly expect from me?

Before the car was completely out of sight, the break lights came on and the door opened. My heart surged forward as I watched Abel jump out of the car and run back towards me. I couldn't help but let my hopes run rampant and think the best of this situation. Maybe he would stay here, and take my offer up of living with me... anything but didn't cross my mind.

Sarah was watching from the doorway as her son ran up to me, and wrapped his arms around me again, this time slamming his hard cast against my back leaving me breathless as he brought his lips to mine lustfully. I brought my hands up to his neck, letting my fingers play with the back of his dark brown hair, which felt like silk between my fingers. His hands met the sides of my face, and he guided the kiss to continue, and I felt no complaints until he pulled away, but resting his forehead against mine.

“I couldn't leave without giving you at least one proper kiss. One... I have always wanted to give you.” He said breathlessly, and I just nodded against him, trying to catch my breath.

“Thank you.” I insisted stupidly, and we hugged one last time.

That time, when the car started against and kept driving, he didn't spring out of it and run back to me. He kept going until he turned down the street, the car disappearing from my sight. I continued standing there, until my legs began to ache and sat on the sidewalk unsure what to do.

Even when I thought it might be a good idea to get up, because the sky was going from blue to pink hues I couldn't move a muscle, and finally started to cry. The strong front I had put on for Abel was gone as I said on the sidewalk and cried. People had probably never seen anything like this before but I couldn't bring myself to care. Let that old lady walking that poodle stare at me for all I care an alligator will eat them both.

Unexpectedly, someone sat down besides me and threw an arm around my shoulder. I hadn't realized anyone was walking in my general direction until that contact was made. My heart leapt again... Abel?

No. Chase.

He had a warm smile on his face, and was holding a package of oreos. At second look, they were Double Triple Oreo... I could feel my eyes light up as I looked at him. “Are those...”

“For you? But of course.” He hugged me tighter to him and handed me the package.

“It's not perfect yet though-”

“No milk?” Chase finished my sentence for me, handing me a paper carton of a liter of whole milk.

“Oh this is PERFECT!” I rejoiced, opening the package, and the milk. I took a large gulp of milk before biting into the cookie letting it melt in my mouth. After I smiled I looked up at Chase. “This is awesome Chase, thank you so much.”

“Anytime. I mean it Sylvia, I know I have a lot to make up for... especially from the first few months of knowing each other but I have changed, and I am going to continue to change because not even I like who I became. I'm so sorry.” Chase explained all in one breath.

I smiled up at him, even with my face all red and blotchy, and probably having oreo bits in my teeth. “You have changed, but at least one good thing happened out of this.” I insisted.

“And what is that?” He asked.

“You finally got something right, these are my favorite.” I told him, while taking another cookie into my mouth. His face looked ecstatic.

“Do I owe you oreos anymore?!” Chase asked, and I pondered it for a moment.

“No...” I finally concluded. “But if you want to continue buying them for me when I feel sad I wont complain.”

“Haha. I'll keep that in mind.” Chase laughed, kissing the top of my head. 

***************

This is the final chapter, instalment, whatever in the story The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos.
Thank you all so much for reading it, thoughtout the crazy long time it took me to write this and the end number of pages is 146 exactly.
You have all be so wonderful, and incouraging. You guys build my writing confidence higher with every comment and I love that. There was a time when I wrote in notebooks and wouldn't even share my stories with my dog.
Anyway- maybe in the near future, you will get a few deleted scenes that didn't make it into the final compiling of this story.. and a little fun things that I want to write with these characters. But as of this week, I am done with writing because of school.

Once again, thank you! It is ovverr, this was the hardest story I have ever thought about and for a long time it was not going to be finished. but because of you all it was!
AH I LOVE YOU!!!