The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos (29)

Alright, before anyone says something--- I don't know where this post came from. I was in this weird mood, and I really needed to get a post out and suddenly Sylvia was thinking deeply... and none of this was exactly planned before hand but quickly it became my favorite chapter of this story because I finally liked writing it. I liked that I made Chase more human, and more 3D... and that Sylvia showed her true Mama-Bear side and all I can say is I hope I get in this weird mood more often. 
Please leave me feedback because this post is much longer than ANY POST of this story ever and it's my favorite sooo~

The days passed by quickly as my excitement to see Devon grew. Soccer practice didn't get any easier either, it was hard enough doing laps at five in the morning but my patience was Chase was wearing thin. I tried hard to be nice to him, harder than I probably should have but in the morning Coach wasn't there so all I had to do was say nice words but could glare at him all I wanted. But in the afternoon I did the best I could to not kick Chase every single time the chance arouse. 

I tried telling him that even though fouls shouldn't be taking place, if the ref didn't call it that anyone would do it and the way he was keeping his legs still would just make them an easy target. He was good, he could kick the ball and keep it away from people but one bump of aggression and he flipped out like a spoiled three year old.

“Just because you whine doesn't mean people listen.” I explained sarcastically, huffing loudly as I kicked the ball away from him and rushed down the field. Shirtless boys immediately ran after me and as I made a rapid approach to the goal I could feel their sweaty chests bumping against my back, attempting to get the ball out of my skillful footwork. Suddenly, I saw an opening in the throng of boys that were crowding around me and kicked the ball to Mikie who was wearing a bright red Nike shirt. “MIKIE!” I yell, catching all the swarming boys off guard but it was too late. The ball by then was in Mikie's area and he was casting the ball directly into the horribly defended net.

Just as the net danced around the force the ball hit, the boys without shirts pulled away from me disheartened but it didn't stop me from busting out the silliest dance possible. “Oh yeah. Yet another goal. Uh huh.” I danced to the tune in my voice and a beat in my head as the shirts team gave high fives to me and Mikie.

“Good team work!” Coach yelled, in a surprisingly happy tone. “Horrible dance moves though, you aren't planning on doing those during our first game are you... Starter?” My heart leap out of my chest at his words.

“Wait... what?!” I demanded, my eyes widening as I stared at the skeptic of a coach. He could just be playing some horribly stupid prank on me which could cause me to go home with a broken heart if that was the case, but the smile that spread on his face told me otherwise.

“I said you need to work on your dance moves if you plan on starting as a forward for this team. We can't have you dancing like that every time you goal, which is hopefully a lot.” He explained and I jumped up and down with glee before surpressing my excitement.

“No take-backsies?” I asked with so much seriousness in my face that he couldn't help but laugh at me.

“No take-backsies.” He smiled and I was generally thrown off my his attitude, just like the rest of the team which also seemed shocked that I would be starting for our first game. I jumped high in the air, with something that I considered to be an excited cheer but it resembled more of a dying cat but I was too happy to be embarrassed.

Practice ended shortly after that, but through out the rest of it I was too busy living through the fantasies in my head of what I wish to happen to actually play the game to the best of my ability but I still score 2 more unintentional goals that I silently count as my own because technically they are mine.

Back in the locker room like usual I don't bother showering with the lot because without any stalls it would be incredibly awkward, and they have yet to make a joke about it. It was like some unspoken thing, I wont see yours, you wont see mine.

“Congrats Sylvie, I haven't been on the team when a first year got to start as a forward.” Ryan patted me on the back, using his other hand to hold us a loose fitting towel.

“You also haven't been on the team when a girl started as a forward either.” I pointed out jokingly. “Which is all anyone seems to care about at the moment, have you seen the random people that talk to me? It's so awkward.” I complained openly to anyone willing to listen. I was to glad I finally had a team and not this looming cloud over me that whispered that they didn't want me here.