The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos.(16)

"Were you serious about the not swimming?" Abel randomly asked me in one of our insightful conversations. We were being quite so no one heard us talking, but it wasn't stopping half of the party from staring at Abel. I took my shorts off but kept on my baggy t-shirt so it covered to the bottom of my bathing suit.

"Yeah." I insisted, getting comfortable in the chairs. Abel looked visibly relieved but didn't say why.

"You don't have to you know. Even if I don't swim, don't let me stop you from having a good time." Abel insisted and I frowned at him.

"Abel I invited you here so I wouldn't go insane. I told you I don't want to go swimming because I was afraid people were going to stare at me because of my bathing suit choice. You aren't the reason I'm not swimming, it's because Chase is in the water." I looked off into the pool that was packed of teenagers and focused in on Chase. He was shirtless, standing at the very edge of the pool demanding everyone's attention.

"I am going to make the BIGGEST SPLASH!" I was actually dumbfounded by his stupid announcement. Still, people cleared that side of the in ground pool to give him room to jump. I fought the urge to get up at leave as Chase made eye contact with me, it seemed as if he was trying to prove some point that he could actually make a splash when he jumps into a pool. I tried to hide how bored I was by this fact but it was impossible and Chase knew.

Ooh... how impressive. Big splash, he didn't jump through until we made complete eye contact and I held it for at least five seconds before he jumped. He jumped high in the air, nearing the corner of the pool that Abel and I were sitting at and obnoxiously splashed us. I threw my arms up like they were going to keep me dry but it didn't stop the shower of chlorine water. Abel and I looked at each other, completely soaked.

"Ah man. I'm sorry! I didn't mean to get you wet." Chase said to me, clearly excluding Abel by the fact his eyes never even flickered in his direction. Abel just grunted, knowing fully well what Chase was trying to pull. "It just gives you an excuse to come in though!" Chase said happily, like I didn't tell him off twenty minutes before and I stared daggers at him.

"I'm not interested." I said bitterly, and let the double meaning sink into Chase's mind unhappily.

"Come on Sylvia! Have some fun!" Ryan said splashing up at us but I ducked my head.

"I said no!" I looked up, above the pool to see my Mother pause in whatever conversation she was in, ready to come to my aid. That was the one good thing about my Mom, it didn't matter if I was in the right or wrong if I was in an uncomfortable situation she would be to my rescue regardless of the consequences. She always says she will deal with them later.

Unexpectedly Abel reached out for my hand, and only brushed it before pulling back like he thought better of it but our eyes met and I saw the anger but panic in his eyes.

"I'm just going to leave..." Abel whispered to me, but stood up letting our audience know what he was going. I reached out for his hand, but he jerked it away and it was like it was before, he didn't want to be touched. I stood up immediately and fallowed after him.

"If you go, I'll go too. I don't want to be here anymore than you do." I insisted, and out f the corner of my eye I saw the naked Chase lifting himself out of the pool. We reached the gate before Chase got a hold of me and pulled me back, my bare feet slipping unhelpfully on the wet cement walk way, I turned to face Chase and yanked my arm out of his grip.

"Leave me alone Chase, honestly. How BIG of a hint to I have to send to you to let you know I'm not interested. LEAVE ME ALONE!" I yelled, not caring who was staring. I could practically feel Abel standing right behind me, fuming for some reason.

"What? You're going off to become best friends with this freak?!" Chase demanded, and I felt my hand curl into a fist.

"Abel is not a freak, he seems to be the nicest guy I've met so far! You are just some cheating scum bag, how can you be surprised I want nothing to do with you?!" I insisted, and Chase looked pissed.

"Great, we have another freak in the neighborhood." Chase mumbled under his breath, and before I knew what I was doing my fist extended back then shot across and hit him right in the face. Immediately Chase reached up to cover his bleeding nose, and I grabbed my throbbing hand. "You're insane!" Chase shot at me, and I took a confident step closer to him.

"You call me or Abel a name ever again, and I'll do worse than that. I believe that is the biggest hint I can give you when I say leave me the hell alone. Understood?" I whispered in a low and intimidating tone, and Chase just looked at me before I turned to leave with Abel.

"I take it you don't want those Oreos?!" Chase asked sarcastically, and before the gate closed behind me I gave him a middle finger without even turning around.

When we were in the privacy of the empty neighborhood I swore under my breath looking down at my throbbing hand.

"Oh man that really hurt." I breathed, stopping at the corner to inspect my hand. Without asking Abel took my hand and examined it, it wasn't swelling or anything but Abel still treated it with the utmost care and frowned at it.

"Now instead of being looked at as a freak, I'm a pansy who lets girls fight my battles." Abel joked still frowning and I rolled my eyes.

"Please, if I let you take over instead of being called a freak..." I let it trail, not really sure where I was going with that. "It would give people more reason to hate you."

"And now that hate you..." Abel countered my resonating.

"Let them. I don't know them." I shrugged, and through our conversation we kept talking and somehow managed to get to Abel's front yard. But we didn't stop at the lawn, we kept going to the porch, then up the steps and without thinking I stopped. Even though I have only known Abel for a couple weeks, for some reason his porch felt off limits. Just like his house did. He stopped as he opened the screen door.

"You're allowed in, no one is home at the moment." Abel explained, opening the door to let me in before him. To not be rude I stepped in, but it felt so weird. Abel stepped in front of me and lead me into the living room. His house had the same layout as mine, but was different. His fire place mantel held pictures, but I could tell from here they weren't happy family photos. This house was too clean to be lived in, the couch and the pillows were arranged perfectly. Each end of the perfectly fluffed couch held three pillows, a blue, purple and green one and the off white couch matched it perfectly. The whole room screamed sears catalog, not home and made me uneasy. I was scared to even sit and didn't until Abel told me I could.

The couch was hard and uncomfortable, like I was the first person ever to sit on it and Abel opened wooden sliding doors that revealed a TV. "I'm sorry... you don't look very comfortable I just thought it would be better if we come here and not your house because it's just so close to that douche bags party..." Abel explained and I laughed as he grabbed the remote from the top of the TV console.

"Don't worry about it, it's just weird. I didn't think your house would be like this..." I said without thinking and wanted to smack myself when I saw Abel's expression of shock.

"Like what?" He asked, and I frowned.

"No! Uh. Um it's just. It's just so clean and perfect." Surprisingly he looked relieved but didn't say anything.

"Yeah, my Mom is like... this neat freak or something." Abel explained not meeting my eyes before turning the TV. An episode of Spongebob came out on the screen, but immediately Abel changed it and I gawked at him.

"Dude..." I whined and Abel shot me an incredulous look. "Turn it back!" I demanded, and Abel laughed, flicking it back to that yellow sponge. "Don't judge me because I like Sponge Bob!" I yelled, pretending to be outraged and suddenly Abel stared at the TV and started quoting exactly what Patick and Sponge Bob was saying, wordlessly extending his fist toward me and letting me give him a fist pump before we continued watching TV.

Hope you like it!

btw- did anyone watch Glee last night?!?!

i cried sooo hard!

The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें