Part Eight - The Only Thing That Matters Is Our Happiness

"You've done it Seb! You've won the German Grand Prix!" Christian spoke excitedly through the team radio.

"Yes baby yes!! Thank you so much guys, you're all amazing! Wahoo!!" Sebastian shouted happily back to the team.

While Sebastian was enjoying his first place victory drive round the track, Jenson had already parked up in the winners’ grid. Finishing 2nd wasn't his intention, but he knew how happy Sebastian was to win in his home country. Jenson pulled off his helmet, waiting with Lewis to get weighed before seeing Sebastian.

"Great race man" Lewis smiled at him, "Well done on second."

"Cheers Lewis, two podiums for McLaren" Jenson smiled back, "We're a good team."

As Lewis was getting weighed, someone grabbed Jenson, almost causing him to scream, but it did scare him a bit.

"So? Where are my congratulations, hmm?"

Jenson grinned as he instantly recognised who it was talking.

"You can bloody wait now you've scared the living shit out of me!" Jenson laughed.

Jenson turned to see Sebastian standing behind him. He wanted to cuddle the life out of the German, but he couldn't in public. Then he remembered about what Sebastian had said the other night about the two of them coming out about their relationship.

"Come here you..." Jenson finally said, pulling Sebastian in for a hug, then whispering, "...lil' cutie."

"I'm not cute" Sebastian argued quietly.

"Pfft, don't argue Sebi, you know you can't win" Jenson laughed, hugging Sebastian tighter, "I told you that the other night."

Sebastian looked up at Jenson, "Fine.. I guess I am a little cute..."

"You're much more than a 'little' cute to me-"

"Oi, are you two just going to stand there and talk, or are you coming to get your trophies?" Lewis asked, staring at Jenson and Sebastian.

"Alright stressy, we're coming!" Sebastian laughed.

Sebastian and Jenson followed through behind Lewis to make their way up to the podium. It felt awkward for them both as they couldn’t hold hands and do anything. But that thought ran through Jenson's mind again. Jenson looked down at Sebastian.

"Remember you said about coming clean?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, the podium's a perfect place... How about there?"

Sebastian hesitated, "Hmm, how about either at the Red Bull or McLaren pits?"

"Yeah, alright. Meet me at the Red Bull pits, yeah? I'll need to lose Lewis. Just don't panic about photographers or anything, okay?"

"Okay."

With the deal finally bound, there was no going back. As they all stood on the podium together, Sebastian was nervous about their deal. He kept thinking it would end up being a bad idea, but he didn't want to keep him and Jenson a secret forever. As Jenson was given his trophy, Sebastian looked at him. He smiled. He was proud to call him his boyfriend. This feeling inside made him feel more confident to let everyone know how happy he was with Jenson and that what other people thought didn't matter as long as they were happy.

Jenson put his trophy at his feet. He gazed up at Sebastian, seeing how much he was enjoying his home win. Jenson seemed more calm and relaxed about finally showing the world how he felt about Sebastian than Sebastian himself did. Jenson looked down at the champagne bottle, grabbing it and shaking it before Sebastian had even put his trophy down. He wanted Sebastian to be as relaxed and as happy as possible before the confession.

Sebastian noticed Jenson had already picked up his bottle, meaning Sebastian was going to get soaked before he even got a chance to get Jenson. Suddenly, the champagne hit his face. It was freezing but he didn't care considering it tasted so good. He could hear Jenson laughing at him so he shook the bottle as much as he could and attacked Jenson, seeing who could completely soak the other. The champagne fight continued, with both drivers drinking as much as they could before attacking each other again, but paying not much attention to Lewis.

Later, the podium was empty. Sebastian had made his way to the Red Bull pits, hoping Mark or Christian, or anyone in general would come along to talk to him before Jenson turned up. He paced back and forth, his race suit hanging on his waist, anxiously waiting.

"Seb!"

He span round, recognising the British accent, watching Jenson running towards him. His heart raced, happy to see Jenson yet scared about the next thing about to happen.

"Thanks for soaking me earlier by the way... Really appreciated that!" Sebastian said sarcastically.

"Anytime love" Jenson laughed, holding him nice and close, "You know, I could've kissed you on the podium, I hate that you made me wait."

But before Sebastian could reply, Jenson kissed him. Sebastian stumbled backwards, feeling his back hit the wall. Jenson's hands held Sebastian's hips, trying to deepen the kiss more as Sebastian gently tugged on his hair. 

"Yeah, Jense is over there."

Sebastian's eyes shot open as he heard Lewis' and other voices, the panic building up in him. Jenson had moved to Sebastian's neck, noticing his breathing getting faster. He also had heard the voices, knowing that's why Sebastian was breathing harder.

"Sebi, don't panic, everything's going to be fine" Jenson whispered, "Just close your eyes and relax."

 Sebastian did so; Jenson's soft kiss against his neck was calming him down a little.

"Better? Just keep calm" Jenson spoke calmly, looking down at an unsure Sebastian, "The only thing that matters is our happiness."

Sebastian looked up and nodded. Up on his tip-toes, he kissed Jenson back, However, just as he relaxed, he heard the voices get louder, then... SNAP. He could hear cameras. But after repeating Jenson's words in his head, he kept focus on how he felt about Jenson, how happy he was every time he saw him, touched him, kissed him, just to be stood with him made every second worthwhile. But once again, both of their happy bubbles were burst.

"Sebastian?!"

"Jenson?!"

Both drivers stopped instantly. They stared at each other. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all...