Part Thirteen - Don't Make Promises You Can't Keep

Jenson's eyes slowly flickered open as his phone alarm disturbed his sleep. He looked over at the bedside table where his phone was, which happened to be on the opposite side he was laying on. Carefully, he leant over Sebastian, who was still sleeping, to grab his phone and turn off the alarm.

'Why the heck is there an alarm set for 2:30am?" Jenson thought to himself, confused.

They both had to be up in 5 hours for the Belgian Grand Prix, but waking up at 2:30 was just ridiculous. After turning the alarm off and placing his phone down on the side, Jenson looked down at Sebastian. Sebastian had turned round to face Jenson, still curled up in a ball, his breathing soft and light. Jenson smiled, stroking the German's soft, blonde hair. Sebastian twitched, making Jenson laugh a little. Jenson settled back down to sleep when Sebastian twitched again, suggesting that he was dreaming. Jenson thought nothing of it until Sebastian started talking in his sleep...

"No...N-no Jense...Don't go..."

Jenson, becoming very concerned, sat up and watched the younger man more, seeing if he'd calm down or get worse.

Although he was sleeping, Sebastian had tears running down his cheeks, squirming and panicking from the horrible thoughts inside his head, unable to escape them.

"Jense...No I'm sorry! Please...I love you...D-don't..."

Jenson couldn't take it anymore. It was clear the nightmare was becoming very stressful for Sebastian. He gripped the German's shoulder, lightly shaking him to wake him up.

"Sebi! Sebi, wake up!" Jenson said, hoping he'd respond.

Sebastian's eyes shot open, staring at the ceiling. Tears stained his face and his breathing had become very fast. Jenson turned Sebastian's head to look at him. The tears fell from Sebastian's eyes, clenching the Brit tight, sobbing.

"Jense..." Sebastian cried hard, "...don't leave me, ever, please."

"Love, it's alright. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere."

Jenson cuddled him, trying to reassure him everything was okay, "I promise you, I'll always love you and be here by your side, no matter what."

Jenson lay back down, keeping Sebastian close to him, hoping he'd settle down to sleep without having anymore bad dreams that night. But it did make Jenson wonder what he was dreaming about...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jenson had managed to claim 3rd place on the grid, with Sebastian on pole. Jenson was feeling more determined to win this race, hoping that Sebastian wouldn't get in front of him at the last minute. He hadn't had a win in a while so Jenson was hoping for the better. He stood with Dave Robson, his race engineer, out on the grid going through last minute talks about strategies.

"Right, all ready to go" Dave said, putting his hand on Jenson's shoulder, "Good luck mate."

"Cheers mate, I'll do my best" Jenson replied, before walking over to get into the car.

Meanwhile, at Red Bull, Sebastian leant against the pit wall, talking to Christian.

"You're leading the championship by a good 34 points, Seb" Christian said, "It doesn't matter if we don't win today, but just go out and do your best."
"Like I always do, Christian. I always do my best for the team" Sebastian replied, taking his helmet from Rocky, his race engineer.

"Just don't get cocky out there, Seb" Rocky laughed.

Sebastian just laughed and nudged Rocky, then proceeded to put on his helmet and get into the car. As the grid cleared of the teams, the drivers set out for the warm up lap. The way round the circuit, Sebastian was thinking. He knew he was leading the championship, but he still wanted to win. It was a good feeling and he hated missing out on it. As they all lined up back on the grid, Sebastian was now desperate to win. The red lights disappeared and the race was on.