~Chapter Seven~

After school your mom made you take cookie out for a walk. You hold on cookie's leash and walk to through the forest path near your house. You put your earphones in your ear and hit shuffle on your MP3 player. As your walking you heard a loud roar somewhere.

You stop walking and take out your earphones to see if you could hear it again. Another roar came from the forest and you followed the sound. Was it a bear? It couldn't be a deer. And It didn't sound like a bird. You found tracks on the forest floor. It seemed to have big claws and big feet.

You let cookie smell the tracks then lead you into the direction of where it's from. The tracks stopped behind a bush and you hid behind it. You peeked from behind the bush and saw medium sized wings. You gasped when you saw it was a baby dragon! You got out of the bushes and stood a couple feet from it. It roared and slowly backed away from you. It was a black dragon with red features on it and it was scared.

You looked around the forest hoping you could catch a glimpse of its parents but no other dragon could be found. You tied cookie's leash around a tree and slowly walked over to the dragon. It whimpered and backed up against a tree. You shushed it and put your hands out in front of you. "It's okay. I'm friendly." You tell it. You could see the fear in its eyes, it must have been through a lot. The dragon stopped whimpering and let you pet him. You slowly moved your hand back and forth on its head, making the dragon relax.

"Hey, I'm Chloe. What's your name little fella?!" You ask him. He looks up at the sky and you curiously look up too. You saw big fluffy white clouds. "Your name is sky?" You ask him and he shakes his head no. "Cloud?" Another no came from him. You looked up at the clouds again and noticed the type of cloud it was.

"Nimbus?" You asked him and he shook his head yes. You smiled, "Nimbus...what a great name! So, where's your parents? Or family?" You ask him. The dragon looks down in sadness. You look around the area again and saw big eggshells by some rocks.

You frowned, "Your parents weren't here...weren't they." Nimbus nodded yes sadly. You smiled at him. "Hey, how about I take care of you!" You tell him. Nimbus looks up at you and smiles widely. This was going to be a tough taking care of a dog, a horse and now a dragon. But this was a task you were willing to try.

You just couldn't leave this helpless dragon alone. You wanted to help him. You also decided not to tell anyone about this taking care of a dragon thing. You were worried if you told someone they might take nimbus away from you or make you leave him alone.

You were even deciding whether or not to tell Cole since he has a dragon. You decided not to as he might not approve of you having a creature, so you kept it a secret from that day. You kept nimble in the little shed in your backyard. You weren't sure the first step on taking care of a dragon but you figured it shouldn't be that hard. You filled the shed with some branches and lots of leaves to make it a little more comfortable for nimbus. You then wondered about the next part, what do dragons even eat?

Dogs eat dog food, horses eat grass and grains but what about dragons? You thought about all the possible food chains and what animals eat. You finally decided to just feed it large amounts of the food that you eat. So far you manage to spend a week taking care of 3 animals and keeping nimbus a secret.

You knew you just have to be careful if someone wanted to go to your backyard. Today, you were on the swings in your backyard reading a book when you heard the gate open. You looked up from your book and panicked when you saw Cole walking toward you.

"Hey Chloe!" He says with a smile. You drop your book and get up from the swings. "Cole! Uh um what are you doing here?!" You ask nervously. "Seeing my girlfriend of course! You weren't in the house so I figured you were out here." He said. You frantically looked from the shed to Cole trying to figure out what to do.