~Chapter Fifteen~

You laid upside down on the monastery's couch as you flipped through the channels on the tv. "Coolleeee I'm boorreeeddd...." You complain as you turn off the tv. Cole chuckles and continues writing chicken scratch on a piece of paper. You sat right side up and curiously watched him. "Whatcha doin?!" You as watch him.

"Sensei wants us to at least have a couple minutes In the day practicing writing in the writing of our ancestors. So that way, when we're on a mission and we get an ancient scroll, we can read it's writing! Right now, I'm writing a letter to my dad that I'm gonna send later." Cole explains with a smile.

"Your dad can read this stuff?!" You asked surprised. "Yeah! Hector, one of the blacksmiths, writes they're songs in this form, and my dad has to be able to read it." "Cool!! Teach me the art of writing in chicken scratch!!!" You say as you grab a piece of paper and a writing brush.

Cole chuckles again and stops writing. "It's not as easy as you think, it's pretty complicated, I'm still learning myself! The characters carry a different meaning of its own, and when combined with other characters." Cole explained.

"Well, you were right about it being complicated! Just show me what some of the words mean. Some vocab!!" You say and Cole smiles. "Well if you want." He says then writes the symbol, ピザ "What's that mean?" You ask. "It means pizza! Which reminds me, we ordered pizza tonight!"

"It's your night to cook isn't it..." "Yeah...." You chuckle then gesture for Cole to continue. Cole then writes the symbol, 幸福. "This means happiness." Then he writes another one, 音楽. "That means music." "That's a lot of words with only two characters." "You want a long one eh?"

Cole then writes down, 永遠に. "Yay! Three characters! What's this one mean?!" You say with a smile. "It means food!" "Gosh you make me so hungry right now." You say with a chuckle. "Fine I'll do one that doesn't involve eating." Cole says as he writes down the next symbol. It read, 美しいです. "Woah, five symbols!" You said.

"This means beautiful." Cole says to you with a smile. You blush, "More!" And he chuckles and writes another one. パーフェクト. "This means, perfect. Just like you..." You blush even harder then lean your head on Cole's shoulder.

"How come you're writing it long ways? In the letter you wrote, you did it up and down." You ask. "Well up and down is originally how you write it but when I'm learning this stuff I like to write it long ways. Easier to read ya know." You nod in understanding. "Write a paragraph! I wanna see!" You say. Cole then begins to write characters down on the paper.

そこから王女
だったと彼女はお城に住んでいました。
"What's that say?" You ask. "Once, there was a princess, who lived in a castle." Cole says and continues writing.

王と女王は仲良くないだろうと姫の人生はす
べてが素晴らしいではありませんでし
"The King and Queen would never get along and the Princess's life wasn't all that great." Cole continues.

王と女王が他の王国のボールに行っている
間ある日、山賊が城に来て、姫を誘拐しました!
"One day while the king and queen went to another kingdom's ball, bandits came into the castle and kidnapped the princess!" You gasped, "What happened next?!" Cole then continued writing.

彼らは彼女を縛られ、村で放棄された家の
中で彼女を保ちました!彼女はひどく傷つけ、
彼女が今まで外に出て行っていたのか疑問に思いました
"They tied her up and kept her in an abandoned house in the village. She was hurt badly and wondered if she was ever going to get out." "Dang Cole you ran out of room!" You say and he chuckles grabbing other sheet of paper.