~Chapter Thirteen~

You were on your bed drawing a horse on your tablet. You were focused and serious on getting it right. Your room was quiet and it was a big plus on helping you concentrate. As you drew with your stylus, "HEY CHLOE!!" You heard Cole yell. You jump and you end up with a big squiggly line going across your drawing.

You throw your stylus and your tablet on your bed and glared at Cole. He smiled, "What?" He asked innocently. "COLE BROOKESTONE BUCKETS I WAS DRAWING A HORSE!!!" You yell at him as you jump on his back in attack. Cole laughs as you try to make him fall on the floor.

"WHY AREN'T YOU FALLING IT'S LIKE YOUR MADE OF FREAKING STONE!!" Cole laughs harder. "Hello! Master of Earth here! I can move stone!!" He says with a laugh. He leans back making you fall off him. "Grr....What are you doing here anyways!" You say as you get up. "Well I brought Nimbus here and I was just wondering if you wanted to go on a dragon ride. Get his wings some air ya know!" He says with a smile.

"He's getting pretty big! Can I even fit on him?" "Yeah! Totally! I rode him here and I fit! But a little warning, he's still getting the hang of his heavy wings the ride might be a little bumpy." "Well nothing we can't help! Let's do it!" You say as you lead Cole downstairs and out of the house. You smile and hug nimbus when you saw him.

"He's growing up so fast!" You say as you pet him. "I know! It seems like only yesterday you found him and brought him in. And besides, dragons grow faster then regular animals can." Cole says as he pets nimbus. "Ready to go for a ride big guy!" You say and nimbus smiles and nods yes.

"Let's get going then!" Said Cole as he summons his own dragon and you hop on the saddle and grab the reins. You yank the reins signaling nimbus to ascend up. You and Cole go up to the sky, midair. Cole was right about the ride being bumpy, nimbus was flapping his wings too many times.

"Hey, hey, hey! Slow down big guy!" Cole says to nimbus. "Nimbus, flap your wings a little slower, big flaps! Look at Cole's dragon!" You tell nimbus. Nimbus watches Cole's dragon as it flaps its wings. Nimbus slows down the number of times he flaps his wings and takes bigger flaps.

"That a boy nimbus!" You say with a smile. Nimbus was getting the hang of flying! He started doing turns, 360s, flying backwards, you name it! "Well well well! Someone's showing off!" Cole says and you chuckle.

"Wanna try a race?" You ask nimbus. He speeds off past Cole, "I'll take that as a yeeessss!!!!!!" You say and Cole chuckles. "Hey wait up!!!" He says as he makes his dragon go faster. You all race in the sky and you were having more fun in the sky then you were on the ground with horses! Even though horses were still your number one animal. Who won this race? You and nimbus.

You cheered and Cole glared, "Oh come on that's not fair! You guys did some illegal turns!! You Guys totally broke the rules! You cheated!!" He says. You fly next to him and stick your tongue out. "Who said anything about rules?" You asked Cole as you tickled his chin.

"Grr stop mocking me." He says and you laugh as you fly up above Cole. Nimbus flips upside down and flies on his back. You get startled a little as you were now facing Cole upside down. "Honestly, I taught him how to do that." Cole says and you gasp. "Now that's cheating! You tried to mess me up in the race!" You say and he chuckles and brings your face closer to his. "Who said anything about cheating?" He asked you with a smirk as he connected his lips to yours.

"Grr...stop...mocking....me..." You say in between the kiss. Cole chuckles and let's go of the reins to touch both of your cheeks. As you two kiss you felt Cole let go of you fast and you heard him yell. You open your eyes and flip nimbus right side up and watch as Cole falls. "I CANT SUMMON MY DRAGON!! CATCH ME!!!" He yells to you. "Yah! Nimbus!" You say as you yank his reins making nimbus fly down fast. You reach out for Cole's hand but you weren't close enough. Nimbus flew closer and closer to Cole until you finally grabbed his hand.

Nimbus stopped flying down and you helped Cole get on nimbus' back. Cole catched his breath. "T-thank you!" He says. "I thought you could summon your dragon anytime anywhere and never lose it!?" You ask. "Well only if I'm focused on flying. Yeah um, I kinda lost my focus when I kissed you." He says with a nervous chuckle. "Oh boy..." You say then fly nimbus out of the clouds. "Let's take a break and land on top of that cliff." You say as you fly nimbus to the spot. You land him carefully then you and Cole get off.

"Nice flying boy!" You compliment nimbus as you and Cole pet him. "Hey, where in Ninjago are we?" You ask looking around. There were mountains around you guys as you looked. Cole looked down then gasped. "I...I've climbed this mountain before..." Cole says to you. "You have?" "Yeah! This was the mountain Sensei found me climbing and asked me to become a ninja! That was years ago!" Cole says with a smile. "Out of all mountains you recognized this one as the very mountain as the one Sensei wu found you climbing?!" "Yup! What a Coincidence!" "That's really cool!" You say with a smile.

Just then you and Cole heard two roars in the distance. "What was that?!" You ask. Nimbus looked around, getting curious too. You heard it again, it sounded like it was getting closer. "I...I think it's a dragon. Sounds like two of em'." Cole says. Just then you and Cole saw two dragons, one male, one female coming towards you. They had the same scale color as nimbus and same details on their backs. They landed on the mountain right across from you and roared with joy. "Chloe! No way! It's the real parents of nimbus!!" Cole says

Nimbus, looks at the two adult dragons curiously. "N-no i-it can't be!" You say. You loved nimbus, you couldn't just let him go! He was your best friend! What if he left and never came back to you. Would you ever see him again? Nimbus started walking closer to the edge of the mountain towards the two dragons but you pulled on his reins making him stop walking.

He looked at you. "Chloe, it's okay. We both knew this day would come." "No Cole! I'll lose him forever!!" You say as you hug nimbus tight. "Chloe, nimbus is growing up, we're only here to take care of him till his parents come back. His parents finally found him! Don't you think you should let them reunite? Families belong together Chloe, we're just his friends!" "Nimbus is family to me!"

Cole sighs then hugs nimbus. He then let's go and looks into nimbus' eyes. "Hey, if you leave...promise to visit us okay pal!" He says to him. Nimbus nodded then nudged you and you looked at him. "Y-you want to go home?" You ask him and nimbus slowly nods. You think for a minute then Cole puts his hand on your shoulder. "If you love something, you'll let it go." Cole says to you. You rub nimbus' head, "I love you, never forget us okay." You tell nimbus and he smiles and nods. You let go of nimbus and give a small smile.

Nimbus wraps you two in a hug under his wings then flies to his parents and hugs them. You smile and Cole puts his arm around your waist. The two dragons roared at you two as a thank you and the family flew off. You burry your face in Cole's chest and cry and he hugs you tight. "We did the right thing...don't worry he'll come back. I've been in your spot before." He says as he rubs your back. He kisses the top of your head and you sigh. "I'm gonna miss him so much."  You say as you stop crying. "Me too, me too." Cole says

He breaks from the hug and dries your tears with a smile. "Let's go home....okay?" He says. "Okay..." You say with a small smile. Cole smiles and summons his dragon. You get on and wrap your arms around his waist and he flies you both home.

A/N: #NeverForgetNimbus :,) haha don't worry guys nimbus will be making another appearance in a couple chapters from now! I love him too ya know! Lol pic at the top is of nimbus and drawn by Chloe! :D