XVI. The Town

I put the address into my GPS and headed out of my driveway. Last night remained on my body physically. I was aching everywhere and I had bit marks around my neck line and bruises on my ass that I didn't even realize he had spanked me. I drove to the destination and just kept my mind focused on the task at hand. Well not really task but situation if you will. Aubrey had been calling and texting me for a few days and I've yet to call him back. I didn't know how to tell him that Abel and I were married. I felt that out of need and obligation. I needed to let him know that I couldn't endouver in extra marital affairs. And obligation as the wife of Abel to let him know that that's who I belonged with. So my obligation was to my marriage my husband and our family. But the need was for us to know that we had boundaries that stood in the way of anything so much as a feeling of lust or even love. But that wasn't a conversation of this time or one to be done over the phone.

My GPS beeped as I had passed up my destination. I found somewhere that I could turn around.

Finally sitting outside a small bungalow style home with a distorted faded yellow door. The draperies was of dingy colors. I sat looking at the address above the door. My heart was racing but I knew I had to take control if my nerves and get this done and over with. I had dreaded this long enough and the drive here was one that I didn't want to waste.

I walked up and pushed the lite up door bell and knocked just in case the door bell wasn't in working condition. I could hear movement as I stood waiting for someone to open the door.
Finally as I was about to knock again the door opened slightly as an older woman who looked like Sam stood.

"How may I help you?" she questioned in her weak tone.

I cleared my throat. "Is this the home of Samantha Santino?" I asked hoping she wouldn't turn me away.

Her eyes looked in shock but she still stood with the door slightly ajar.

"I know she's dead. But I have other business that pertains to your daughter. I'm the daughter of the late David Trotter. I met Sam in rehab." I said making sure to point out why I was here.

"What are you here for?" She asked

"A month in a half ago my father died and I saw a woman with a little boy. I've never met him before but Sam did mention him in rehab. Is there any chance I could come in to talk about this?" I said felling uncomfortable on her door step talking about something so private.

She hesitated before opening the door for me to come in. I stood by the mantel and looked at the many photos of a little boy.

"I never knew Sam knew any of Davids children." She said sitting down.

"Well we didn't know each other she had been on her way of completion and I had just started the program. But what I did know was that her and my dad had a baby together." I said.

"Samual David Trotter is his name. He's 7 and he's a bright kid very smart. Your father put him into a private school. I don't know if that was his way of trying to pay us off since he was being investigated for the murder of my daughter." She said sternly.

I eyed her trying to make sure I gave her as much respect as possible in her own house.

"I didn't come over here for any of that. I came to finally see Samual and let him know who I was. I don't believe my father would even do that to Sam. Who paid for her to be treated in that expensive rehabilitation hospital?" I questioned looking around emphasizing the point of their less fortune to pay for such an expensive place.

Those government owned rehabs were more of a joke than the dealer himself.

"David paid for Sams medical help. So to say that he killed her would be as comical as saying he threw away money. And knowing my father who was all about money I find it very hard to believe. But I'm not here to play Davids advocate but simple to meet my brother." I said gazing at the woman as she pondered on my words.