Chapter Thirteen

Adrianno came home from the club that night in the early hours of the morning. After Adamo had demanded to speak with him, he was going to just leave him but he began to threaten him and talk about Angela, knowing that would get a reaction out of Adrianno. The thought of Adamo even going near her made him feel slightly sick in his stomach. Adamo was drunk, it was evident in how he had stumbled, the slur of his words, and the smell of alcohol coming from him.

"Listen to me Adrianno." He slurred, "This marriage is what's best for both our families, we wouldn't want another death or war like the last time would we?" After that, Adrianno had punched him full force into the face. He was being so disrespectful and if he hated him so much, why would he want Adrianno to marry his very own sister?

"Don't fucking talk about that shit with me Adamo." He shouted. Adamo stumbled to the ground but eventually got up.

"Why? Don't want to talk about your bead brother, no?" he taunted him, earning him another punch from Adrianno. "Or maybe you're so angry because you have eyes from another instead of my sister. Maybe that brunette who lives up in your apartment, she's a mystery that one. Don't you let her out Adrianno?" he gave Adrianno an evil smile, mentioning Angela, a girl who had nothing got to do with Adrianno or Adamo's lifestyle or family, tipped him over the edge.

"Stai zitto! Zitto ora !" (Shut up! Shut up now!) Adrianno grabbed him by the collar and brought him close. " The girl has nothing to do with our mess or anything of this. She's none of your concern."

"Oh but she does now. She's the reason you don't want to mend things between our families and finally tie the knot with your little old sweetheart, my dearest sister Luisa. I just know it." He clenched his teeth together as he spoke. "Whatever the reason is as to why she's locked up in your apartment, I don't give a crap. But now, she has everything to do with our mess." Adamo spat out. Adrianno was quiet and let go of him roughly, knocking him back a few steps. He made for the door to leave but stopped to say one last thing.

"I'd keep my eye on that pretty little thing if I were you Adrianno, we wouldn't want anything happening to Angela now would we?" Adrianno could kill him for what he had said but refrained from saying or doing anything at all. Not now, not yet anyway, although it was something Adrianno had been planning to do for a long time. It was an eye for an eye after all. Adamo and his brothers had killed his big brother Tommas, and that had changed everything for him. Family was something very important to Adrianno, it always had been, and losing his big brother had only been more fuel into the fire for Adamo and Adrianno. He could never forgive any of that family for the murder of his brother, he never would. They needed to pay for what they had done.

"Stay the hell away from her and my apartment!" Adrianno narrowed his eyes at him before Adamo finally left. It was obvious that Adamo had someone watching his apartment which wasn't surprising, but knowing that Angela was there on her own right now, meant anything could happen, even though he had guards watching the apartment and two standing on either side of his front door. He felt panicked at the thought of Adamo or any of his men hurting Angela and quickly, rushed home as fast as he could.

He felt angry and frustrated, but he didn't smash things up like he had the last time he felt this mad. Mostly because he didn't want to scare Angela. As soon as her name came into his mind, it did not leave. She amazed him; he'd never met anyone like her before. He was intrigued actually, never had a woman been on his mind so much.

He got out of bed, throwing the covers down the bed in annoyance as he got up. He wasn't able to sleep again and decided a drink might help. Adrianno sat in the kitchen drinking until all hours, and when he finally dozed off to sleep, he fell from the stool in the kitchen onto the hard marble floors beneath him. He lay his face flat against the polished slabs, feeling the coolness caress his cheek.