Chapter Forty-Five

I really can't thank any of you enough for taking interest and reading this book. I've tried time and time again to write stories all the way through to the end but have failed and it's only now that I have found wattpad that I have been able to complete works. You readers are what keep me motivated: your likes, your comments, even the fact that you continue to read my work is something hard for me to believe. Adriano and Angela's story is still not finished yet but as the end is fast approaching I just wanted to let you know you are what help me to write. Despite my doubts and fears, the reason I've gotten so far into writing this is because of you all. So thank you so much ,

A. Summers xo

Angela sat there alone in her bathroom for a couple of minutes, trying to digest everything. Her mind was racing, and she couldn't make it stop. She was pregnant? She repeated that same sentence over and over again in her mind since she had looked at the first positive test. Angela was sitting on the edge of the bath, her arms crossed over each other.

What would Adriano think? He always said he never liked children, she knew he wouldn't take it well. She could just feel it. Angela had always dreamed of having children but she wasn't quite sure whether she wanted things to go like this. If it was a boy would he be forced into the mafia like his father, Adriano? No, she thought to herself in a stern voice. If that was the case, she would do whatever it took to protect him from the life Adriano had to face.

Although her stomach would definitely not be showing any signs of pregnancy yet, she couldn't help but look down at it. Her eyes welled with tears, she didn't know what to do next. But just then, as if on queue, she heard her phone ring and checked the caller ID to find it was Adriano. Angela hesitated as the phone rang on, she had to make up her mind. Would she tell him now? The phone stopped ringing as she released a breath she didn't know she was holding.

Angela had made up her mind by the second time he called her. She answered the phone with shaky hands and tried her best to hide any of her feelings in that moment from coming through in her voice.

"Hello."

"Angie, hey. I called you just a second ago."

"Um- yeah, I didn't reach the phone in time." She winced at how wavered her voice came out and prayed he wouldn't suspect a thing.

"I'm just calling because we haven't talked in a while and I needed to let you know that I can't come down this weekend.

"Oh really, why not?" Angela was trembling and looked up to the ceiling to stop any tears from falling from her eyes. She didn't know why she was so upset, maybe it was because she felt the need to keep her discovery from Adriano or the shock behind it.

"I'm a little busy with- work."

"Oh... I see."

"Hey is everything okay? You seem a little off. Are you still feeling sick-"

"No, everything's fine now. I feel one-hundred percent."

"You sure?" he was still sceptical, she was acting strange and he could sense it.

"Mhm." She nodded despite knowing he could not see her. "So when will be the next time you'll be able to come over?" she asked. Telling Adriano about her pregnancy was something she wanted to do in person.

"I'm not sure." His words hit deep in her stomach. Angela was unsure as to whether she was relieved or disappointed. Which would be better, telling him as soon as possible or keeping it from him until she had time to think?