Chapter Thirty-Four

"What?!" Adriano had asked. Angela had just told him about Alessandro and he didn't know whether he was hearing her right. "That little shit. I'll kill him for every putting his hands on you."

"Adriano calm down."

"Why the hell didn't you tell me Angela?" he raised his voice again to which she furrowed her brows and gave him a weak look. Was he annoyed at her?

"Why are you shouting?" she winced.

"Because I'm fucking pissed that's why!" tears began to form in her eyes but he hadn't noticed yet. He was too busy trying to figure out what he was going to do to Alessandro when he got his hands on him. "You should've told me sooner Angie god damn it."

"Are you mad at me?" it was only now that he looked at her face and saw she was beginning to become upset. He sighed loudly now and moved closer to wrap his arms around her.

"No, of course not. I'm just angry at Alessandro." He reassured her. "I want you to tell me next time if anything like this happens again. I don't want anyone to hurt you." He spoke soothingly now, dragging his hand loosely up her arm to her shoulder and back down.

"He told me if I did I-"

"Alessandro needs to know his place, because he will do nothing to you."

"He was there when I was taken to Adamo's. He was at the club that night." The penny had finally dropped in Adriano's head, the conversation he had with his father was coming back to him.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner Adriano."

"Shh, It's okay." Angela heard him say gently. He began playing with her hair, he noticed she was beginning to drift off to sleep after silence fell upon them. "I think we should go to sleep now. Shh."

"Mmm." She mumbled. The last thing she remembered was his lips on her forehead before all her senses faded out and she fell into a deep sleep.

When she woke up he was gone. His dirty clothes were gone and his side of the bed had been made up. Angela wondered where he had gone. It had been just a little after ten and so she could only assume he was going to work today. She felt a little disappointed; she wanted to spend more time with him but knew that work was obviously important to him too.

She let out a shaky breath and her mind wondered around the fact that she had told him all about Alessandro last night. What would Adriano do to him? What would happen? Would she regret telling Adriano just like Alessandro had told her that night at Christmas? She hoped not.

Angela made herself some breakfast and between sips of her coffee, she could hear the faint sound of her cell phone ringing. She wondered whether it would be Adriano and rushed around the apartment, trying to remember where she had put the damn thing in the first place. Once she found it between the cushions on the sofa, she quickly answered.

"Hi Angela." She heard a voice say on the other end of the line. It was familiar but it wasn't Adriano.

"Hi there."

"It's Maria by the way, I don't think you have my number saved."

"Oh... Hey Maria."

"I was just wondering if you wanted to come over today, it's getting warmer so I thought I might bring the kids out to the park too."

"Sure, that'd be great. What time?"

"Maybe around noon, do you want me to come and pick you up?"

"I'm sure the guards can drop me to your place, just to save you any hassle with Michael and Amelia."

"Thanks, I'll see you then."