Chapter Fifteen

Just like the morning before, Adrianno woke with Angela beside him. Except this time, his mother was walking around his room, opening the curtains and cleaning around.

"Time to get up Adrianno, it's almost noon." She clapped her hands together. He squinted as soon as he opened his eyes, realising it was his mother. His head shot to his right to see Angela still half asleep, but about to wake.

"Mother! Get out." He was stroppy from being woke up from his amazing sleep, he never usually talked to his mother like that.

"Not until you tell me you're going to get up as soon as I leave, and get your conquest from last night out. We're late and have already missed the appointment for the cake this morning." Angela was awake now, and surely heard it all. She was blushing although still wasn't aware of everything that was happening because she needed time to wake up. Adrianno loved his mother, she was straight and got to the point but right now, she was irritating him. Maybe it was her "conquest" comment or the fact that he now had to plan his birthday party in a few weeks' time on his day off.

"I'll get up okay?"

"Good boy." She joked and walked out the door, shutting it behind her. The room filled with silence. Adrianno took in Angela's just-woke-up appearance again. She was yawning, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. Her hair was coming out of her ponytail she slept in last night and was messy.

"I'm sorry about that." He said sheepishly. She gave him a polite smile.

"Don't worry about it." She replied and he got up. She wasn't ready to move yet.

"I have to go soon, but I'll be home tonight. That's if my mom lets me." He laughed a little and then got up, putting a shirt on before he made his way to the door. "Go back asleep if you like. I know it was late when we got to sleep last night." He didn't look at her when he said the last part. She just nodded and smiled as he shut the door quietly behind him.

He remembered every bit of last night, and was glad he could too. They had stayed up when she came into him, talking until she had gotten sleepy and couldn't stay awake. They had talked about her life in Florida, and how he had visited the state a couple of times. They laughed and shared and before it had happened, Adrianno would've thought that doing so would've been pointless and stupid but not anymore. He enjoyed it, enjoyed feeling the closeness of her when they both eventually moved closer to one another and Adrianno slipped his hand around her shoulder.

He remembered how she gripped his side when New York was brought up, and how stiff she felt in his arms. But once he had changed the subject, she returned to normal again. It made him wonder but he didn't ask any more questions about it, he knew better from what happened that night at dinner.

Adrianno noticed how his mother had already began making herself at home, pouring a mug of coffee for both herself and Adrianno to drink. He sat at the breakfast bar across from where she was standing and took a sip of the scorching hot drink.

"So, who's the girl?" she finally asked, why was she being so nosey? Oh wait, Adrianno thought, it was his mother after all, he didn't know why he was surprised.

"Not another one of my conquests if that's what you're wondering mom." He said gruffly, not looking at her yet.

"If she isn't that then what is she?" she asked, surprise showing in her voice.

"She's... Angela?" he didn't know what else to describe her as. Adrianno noticed how his mother's eyebrows had risen up at the mention of Angela's name.

"So that's Angela." She said it as if she was someone she had been dying to meet. "Maria has told me all about her! I'm sure she'll give Luisa a run for her money huh?" she said excitedly. Luisa, he panicked as soon as his mother mentioned her name. He had made dinner plans with her tonight, finally giving in to his father and everyone else he knew to give it a shot with her again. He definitely wasn't looking forward to tonight and wished he could go out with Angela instead.