Chapter Twenty-Five

"I'm so glad you're alright Angela. I'm really sorry. I'm so so sorry. Once you're safe, that's all that matters." He said, she detected the pain in his voice but said nothing, just let her tears fall down her swollen cheek as she felt the warmth of him. It was tears of sorrow, and joy and complete relief that she was finally with him again and safe, for now. But she was still stunned, and didn't know what to say or what to ask in order to get the information that she needed as to what the hell happened over the past twenty four hours?

They pulled away after a moment or two. Adriano reached out and wiped away her tears, placing his hand on the cheek that hadn't been hit. He knew he should stop now, he knew he needed to make the night of his party the first and last time he would let anything happen with Angela and he also knew he needed some restraint but it was going to be hard to do.

Adriano let his hand fall to his side now and searched her grey eyes for something, anything to give away how she was feeling.

"W-What happened back there? Why did they take me? Why-"

"I've no choice but to explain this to you Angela but it's a very long story, one that I want to leave until tomorrow." She couldn't say anything, just nodded weakly at him. "Let's go to bed, it's getting late. All that matters is that you're here now, I won't let anything happen to you."

Angela breathed a quiet sigh of relief once they began walking out of the living room. She learned that there was only one bedroom in this new place and felt uncomfortable now, wondering what would happen and remembering back to the night before she was taken. Adriano's words rung in her mind, his deep voice that crushed her even though that may not have been his intentions. He was a mystery to her, and so was everything going on around her but she couldn't help but want to know more, she craved it.

"Why aren't we staying at home?" Angela asked once they entered the large bedroom. It was decorated in creams and taupes and had a huge bed in the middle of the room. Half of the bed was covered in all kinds of cushions and it had a throw on the end of it. It looked like it was straight out of a showroom and once she took a look around the room and saw that it wasn't just the bed that looked perfect, she decided it seemed like it hadn't been lived in- at all.

"Because I have someone cleaning it up right now, we can go back as soon as possible if you like? But if you want to stay here for another couple of days that's fine too." He wanted her to feel comfortable wherever she was, whether it was here, at home or another of his properties.

"Oh..." she trailed off, glued to her spot on the carpet where she was standing. She didn't know what to say or do right now and once he saw her looking at the bed uncomfortably, she knew her reasons.

"If you want to be alone I can sleep on the couch." He suggested but that was exactly what she didn't want. Angela wanted it to be like it had been before his birthday, when they would lie awake and talk until she fell asleep or on rare occasions, he drifted off before her but she knew it was different now and she didn't want to feel rejected by him like she had after his party.

"No it's fine, you can stay in here if you like." He was studying her, the way she was fidgeting with her hands as she stood there. She breathed in and out and then walked to the left side of the bed, taking cushions and placing them gently on the floor next to the end table.

"I'll get you clothes to wear to bed, I'm sure I have something." He mumbled, trying not to stare at her any longer. He walked to the chest of drawers in the room, remembering he kept some clothes at this place just in case he ever needed them. He opened the drawer and found a t-shirt folded neatly under some other clothes. "Here." He said, handing her down the shirt. "I'm sorry I didn't bring any of your things with me." Adriano added.