Chapter Twenty-Four

Angela said nothing on the car ride to wherever she was being taken. She was shaking with nerves she could not begin to try and explain and as she feared for her life and what these men might do to her, Adriano was getting a call from a half conscious guard who was telling him what happened.

She looked up from her lap for a split second, meeting one of the strange men's eyes in the rear-view mirror and looked back down again, hoping he wouldn't say anything to her. After she had been dragged out the back door of Adriano's building and shoved into a car with the four men, they began their journey.

None of the men said very much and Angela didn't know whether to be glad for it or not. They would string out sentences in what she thought may be Italian but for the most of the journey, it was quiet. She was confused; she didn't know what to think or how to feel about everything. Her thoughts were not put to rest once the car jolted to a stop and the driver hopped out of the car. His door slammed shut and Angela jumped now, tears in her ways as she continued to look down at her lap. The door to her right was opened and she was soon shoved out of the car.

"Hurry up." One of the men who sat beside her grumbled, holding her upper arm in a vice grip. Angela winced in pain but tried her best to not show how much it hurt. He pushed her and she stumbled out of the car, falling on the ground and immediately forced herself to get back up again.

"Didn't you hear him little girl, hurry the fuck up." Another man shoved her and they all made their way to a metal door. Angela looked around for whatever seconds she had left to see outside this place, because she knew she might be in there for a long time. The sky was beginning to darken, making shadows appear around them. The sound of loud thumping music came from behind the door. They seemed to be in an alleyway, at the backdoor of some sort of club. One man knocked loudly on the door with three strong thuds and soon enough it opened, squeaking slightly. The music now filled Angela's ears and became louder since the barrier that had been the door was opened now.

"Ah cugino, I see you brought the girl." A tall and very built man stood at the door. He had the same structure as Adriano except he was a little bit shorter in height. His dark brows were wild and long, Angela couldn't help herself by looking at them. He had a mean looking face, his lips where thin and sour but he was clean shaven.

The man stood tall in front of Angela and gave her a wicked smile that made her want to shiver in disgust but she held back. His eyes wandered up and down her body. He licked his bottom lip and then diverted his eyes back to the men Angela had come here with.

"So this is Adriano's broad? No one told me she looked like this." He said menacingly, knowing it made Angela feel uncomfortable.

"Adamo told us to just bring her inside, let's not piss him off." The man that was holding Angela's arm stated firmly to which the man's face dropped. He stood back and allowed everyone through the door before slamming it shut again, making Angela flinch.

The room was dark, the only things giving light were the different colours flashing around the room. There were men with women sitting on their laps and dancing. Angela kept her head down as they dragged her through the crowd and only looked up once. She caught eyes with a man she knew looked very familiar, a man she wondered about why he was present here, in Adamo's club: Allesandro.

Alessandro didn't take his eyes off of her. He seemed a lot less surprised to see her as she was to see him. It didn't make sense that he was sitting comfortably in Adriano's enemy's club, relaxing and enjoying himself when he was one of Adriano's men. Although what he had said and done on Christmas scared her, she hoped he was acting, she hoped he was sent here by Adriano. There was a glimmer of hope in her that wished Alessandro would tell Adriano and he would come to find her but she knew better.