Chapter Forty-Six

"What do you want from me? Please... "

Angela had tried many times since she had arrived here to plead with Adamo and his men to let her go but she knew that it would be no use. She worried about what would be the outcome of all of this but worried more about her baby. Of course, this was something she had kept a secret from the men. She knew she was already a liability to Adriano, something he cared about that Adamo would use against him so the thought that she was carrying his baby would probably send the men into an even bigger state of joy that they had something else against him.

"It's not exactly what we want from you Angela, but what we want from Adriano." Adamo had walked into the room she was locked into in his family mansion. "You don't need to do anything." Adamo's voice was just above a whisper. It creeped around the room and made her shiver in disgust.

They were using her to get back at Adriano, but she knew next to nothing about any of their plans or the lies they were feeding Adriano. Despite the fact that Adamo and his men were oblivious to what was to come for them, the Moretti family had not attempted anything other like this on Adamo's family in a long time. There was still this anger and jealousy burning deep inside Adamo that would take years to get rid of. He wanted to stir things up with his old friend and see him react when he got the news about Angela.

He enjoyed when Adriano was at a disadvantage and also when the DeLucas, his brothers, his father, all his familia, won the battles. Adriano always had something over Adamo, that was how he felt. Angela was no exception to this. Although he wanted Angela, not only to get back at Adriano, Adamo do not want Angela as much as his new member-Allesandro. He would give the kid what he wanted after what he had done for Adamo. Since Allesandro worked for the Morretti family, when he returned to Adamo he had given him key information about a lot of things going on in the rival gang.

Adamo saw the look of both fear and disgust on Angela's face when he moved closer to her. She was trying badly to stop herself from shaking and keep calm but it was difficult. Angela was unsure about everything happening around her and had a feeling that this wasn't going to the end the same way it had the last time Adamo took her away.

*****

"You think you know her Adriano?" Adamo spit the words out, getting complete satisfaction from Adriano's composure breaking more and more by the minute.

"Where the fuck is she Adamo? Don't play games with me..." Adriano's voice came out in a low growl.

He knew he should not have come here to the DeLuca mansion at the request of Adamo but decided to do it anyway. Now he was outnumbered and surrounded by Adamo's men, if he stepped out of line once, he was putting himself in a very dangerous position. But he would risk anything to have Angela back.

"She's with Allesandro now, I've already told you-"

"Bullshit." Adriano spat, nearing Adamo. "I know you're lying." He stood centimetres away from Adamo, his eyes burning into his old friend's.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that if I were you." A smile cracked onto Adamo's lips once he spoke and a silence hit the room.

Despite being the only two people in the room, Adriano knew there were guards outside but his hands itched at the thought of beating Adamo to a pulp right then. He turned away, unable to look at Adamo, it would only anger him more to see the other man's sheer enjoyment out of all of this. Adriano wouldn't believe him, he knew Angela, he knew she would not do that to him. But in the back of his mind, in some hidden pocket, a voice continued to whisper in his head, making him doubt everything. Adriano had learned the hard way that people could turn on you as quickly as they had insisted they cared for you but the thought that this might apply to Angela made his chest constrict.