Chapter Twenty

"Are you almost ready Angela?" Adriano poked his head through her bedroom door to find her fixing her hair. She was dressed in white, and Adriano couldn't help but let his eyes fall down her body as she plucked and scrunched her up. She was looking in the mirror, when she turned around and directed her gaze to him. She immediately blushed once she spotted Adriano looking and gave him a small one-sided smile.

"Um, yes. Just give me a minute." Angela looked at him and he now noticed she had done her make up. Usually, Angela went around bare-faced and natural which Adriano loved but he also liked how she looked right now too.

"Okay, I'll be waiting." She heard his footsteps down the hall and hurried herself. Once she grabbed her bag she made sure none of the hot tools she used were left on, and finally left, shutting the door behind her.

"I'm ready." Angela said quietly as she walked into the room. Adriano took a double take and stood up, towering over her despite her gold heels she was wearing. He put on his coat and as soon as they walked into the elevator, Angela linked her arm in his, needing to be closer to him. Adriano could only looked down and smile at her.

"Are you cold?" he inquired when they were in the car park, he noticed all she had was a shawl wrapped around her and was trying her best not to shiver. She just nodded, her teeth jittering.

"I didn't want to ask could I use your jacket again. It would sort of ruin the outfit don't you think?" she laughed a little, making him smile.

"I'll warm the car up and I'm sure there's blanket in there somewhere for you to wrap around you."

"Thank you." She said when he had opened her door and reached in to wrap the blanket around her. Once he was done, he closed her door and went around the front of the car to his side. Adriano started the car up and soon enough they were on their way.

The drive was quiet but the comfortable kind. Angela leaned her head against the window and watched the swooshing world go by, humming quietly to the music playing softly in the background. Adriano tapped his fingers on the steering wheel along with the beat.

Angela lifted her head up and her eyes widened when she saw the sight of Adriano's parent's house coming into view for a good bit out. It was more of a mansion than a house. The gates opened up slowly and obviously, Adriano didn't bat an eyelid as they drove to a small hut and two security guards walked beside the car.

He rolled down the window and one of the guards bent down to his eye level. They greeted each other with a curt nod when the guard finally spoke. He had peered his head past Adrianno and looked directly at Angela, eyeing her with curiosity.

"Who have we got here?" he asked, Adriano's head shot to his left and he glared at the guard.

"She's with me. You don't need to search her."

"Your father told us to search everyone besides the immediate family."

"Can you get out of the car please?" the other guard knocked on Angela's window.

"Angela don't move. I'll handle this."

"You must be hiding something if you don't want us to search her Adriano." The guard to his left said as the other one opened the car door and forced Angela out, putting her back to the car. She looked down at the ground and said nothing.

"Didn't you fucking hear me? I told you not to search her." Adriano snapped opening and slamming his door loudly. He made his way around the Angela's side of the car and pushed the guard with great force against the car.

"Don't touch her." He growled and then turned to Angela. She was making that face again, the one he hated. Her mouth was set in a grim line, her eyes widened a little. She looked afraid and because of that, Adriano let go of the guard and took a deep breath. "Let's go Angela." He spoke softly to her. She gave him a weak nod and got back into the car.