Chapter 2

I woke up to my sister screaming at me, rage evident in her eyes as she yanked me from my bed. I landed on the floor, wincing as my ribs started to hurt even more. I looked up to see her still screaming at me, but all I could hear was a beeping in my ears. My vision was dotted with black spots as I tried to stay awake. I broke out into a cold sweat, knowing full well that I was about to pass out.

"Are you even listening?" she snapped.

Finally the beeping stopped and the black spots vanished, I blinked a few times before swallowing. "I-I'm sorry...there was a b-beeping...in m-my ears." I stuttered.

She sighed, "Dylan's brother is going to be here in five minutes. We're meeting his fiance; this house has to be clean!"

I scurried to my feet and ran out the bedroom door, I clenched my jaw as I instantly started cleaning the floors. I wasn't looking forward to seeing Dylan's brother, Andrew. I've hated him every since the day he rejected me, making my heartbreak into a million pieces. Not only that, he rejected me in front of my pack, father, and sister. Everyone laughed at me, they never allowed me to go a day without being teased for it.

The fact he's now marrying someone else made my heart hurt again, but I knew I had to shove it down. I swallowed as tears threatened to spill, I haven't cried for two years now, I can't cry now. I snapped my head up as his scent flowed through the air, making my stomach do a back flip. I put the vacuum cleaner away and started for my room, but then he grabbed my wrist. I spun around to see him and his fiance glaring at me.

"You're still alive?" he asked, a disgusted look on his face.

I swallowed, not for long. I thought bitterly before nodding. "Yes."

His fiance cocked her head, watching me with curious yet disgusted eyes. "You look terrible...why would they let you live? You're more of a burden on them, don't you think, honey?" she asked, turning towards Andrew.

Andrew nodded, "Let's go, I don't want to vomit."

As they left I walked into the kitchen to make dinner; I hadn't realized the time that went by. I quickly finished, setting every plate on the table and every drink. I walked out right as they all walked in, talking and smiling. Laughter filled the air and it only brought me sorrow; I wish it could go back before my mother left.

I walked up the stairs and sat on my bed, a single tear dropping onto the ground. I closed my eyes, willing myself to stop the crying. It was pathetic of me, I don't deserve to cry. I got up and walked over to my window to look out at it, why does the Moon Goddess hate me so much? I sighed, just watching the stars dance in the sky, wishing I could just sleep forever.

After a while I looked over towards my bathroom, debating on weather or not I should do this. I shook my head, no, I can't. I got up and changed into my pj's before slipping under my thin blanket. I closed my eyes, knowing tomorrow would just be the same. Them beating me and teasing me, making me feel like complete shit.