Chapter 76

I sighed as Hades trained the pack, preparing them for tomorrow. I was anything but excited for this, in all honesty, I just wanted to kill Elvira. I wasn't excited nor angry, just irritated with this whole ordeal. Why can't life be easy for once? No, it has to be filled with witches that are bitches and assholes that don't keep their mouths closed. The worst part is Andrew is fighting during the battle, the fear of him attacking Hades crawled through me. I didn't trust him at all, he left his fiance for some reason. I can't even remember if he told me or not, but oh well.

"Hey, you okay?" Melody asked as she sat beside me.

I sighed, "No, I'm annoyed with this. Why can't life be easy for once?"

Melody chuckled and handed me a mug of hot chocolate, "No matter how peaceful it can get, life will never be easy."

"I know, that's the sad truth."

"But it can be filled with joy!" she beamed.

I chuckled, "It can be...are you going into battle too?"

"Yes, I convinced Hades to let me."

"How?"

"I threatened him."

"With what?"

"Tickling."

I stared at her for a good four minutes before slowly looking at Hades. "Well..."

"He told me not to blame him for any of my injuries...so I said you would do it."

"That's just cruel."

She shrugged, "I know, but I don't care."

The rest of the day we prepared for the fight; the whole time the fear just grew. Hades kept me by his side, his arm wrapped around my waist. He planted multiple kisses on my cheek and lips, reassuring me that he would be okay. I just sighed and knew that I shouldn't doubt him, but the thought of Andrew sneaking up on him had me beyond worried.

That night I clung onto him as we slept, refusing to let go of him. I prayed and prayed that he would stay somewhat safe throughout this whole fight. That he would come back in one piece and reassure me that everything was fine.

I yawned as someone shook me awake, forcing me to open my eyes. I winced as the bright sun blinded me for a few moments. Once I could see again I looked over to see Hades grinning at me. I sighed and slowly sat up.

"It's Sunday..." I whispered.

He sighed and pulled me close, kissing me on the lips. "Yes, it is. But tonight we'll have a nice dinner and relax."

"Fine, but you are definitely surviving this. If you don't, I'm bringing you back to life and slapping the shit out of you." I mumbled.

He chuckled, "Sounds exciting."

"Not like that."

"Awe, I would expect something special for me."

I sighed and looked at him, "You are such a pain."

"I try."

"Just, promise me one other thing."

"Yes?"

"Stay away from Andrew and watch your back. I don't trust him."

"I already planned that."

I relaxed at this and hugged him, planting a kiss on his lips this time. After just being with each other we got dressed and walked downstairs. We were greeted by mates wishing each other goodbye, Warriors making sure everyone was ready, and multiple pack members crying. Children clung onto their parents, pleading with them to not leave.
My heart broke at the scene, but I kissed Hades goodbye and rushed everyone to the basement.
Once everyone was in I turned to watch the Warriors leave. Melody gave me an encouraging smile while Hades gave me a sorrowful look.
Without another word I walked into the basement and closed the doors.

Author's note: Sorry it took so long! I've had one heck of a few days