Chapter 39

I finally caught him as he skidded to a halt and laid down. I slowly walked over to him, afraid of him running again. When he didn't make a movement I gently nuzzled his shoulder.
He glanced up at me with pained filled eyes. I only licked his head before laying beside him and resting my head on his shoulders.
"I'm sorry." He mind-linked me.
"For what?" I asked.
"For running away...I was just having a moment. That's all."
"You were upset, it's understandable. Are you okay now?"
"Yeah."

We laid there for a few more moments until I decided it was time to head back. We walked back in human form, holding hands. We didn't talk, we just watched the forest. I looked at him and sighed, his beautiful eyes kept on staring ahead. I could tell he was thinking and I knew it wasn't anything happy. I could feel his sorrow through the bond and it worries me.
I made him stop and look at me. "Hades, what is wrong? Surely, you don't believe what that bastard said, do you?" I questioned.
He shook his head, "No, just thinking back to what he did. I'm going to need to tell you sometime."
I swallowed, "You don't have to tell me now."
"Well no, not now. Once we're showered off and resting in bed."

Once we returned and showered we laid in bed. For a while I just held him, allowing him to rest before telling me. Once he was ready he sat up and sighed.
"As you know I was forced into the Alpha position had a rather young age. My father's Beta decided this pack needed a cold and cruel Alpha. He believed my father was too soft on everyone, when really, he wasn't.
He knew of my impulsive anger and he was quick to take advantage of it. He would whip me every single day, no matter what I did. He wanted me to kill a pack member that disobeyed me, but I couldn't. My back was a bloody mess after every day, but no one bothered to help me. Even the pack doctor loathed me, feared me. I hated everyone by then, angry that they refused to look at the whole picture. That they stayed ignorant towards my...issues and the abuse. They would often whisper about how they could hear my pained screams, but never once did they bother to help me.
It wasn't until I was twenty-one did he finally leave. But the damage was already done; no one would even look at me. So, I allowed my anger to take control and I...was cruel to my pack and any rogue that trespassed." He explained, his voice breaking.
I stared at him in complete shock, the previous Beta whipped him. He fucking whipped my mate.
Hades sighed and laid down, closing his eyes. I laid beside him and kissed his forehead.
"I'm going to...look at something. Go to sleep." I murmured.
He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at me, "You aren't going to kill anyone, right?"
I shook my head, "No."

He nodded and closed his eyes again, easing into sleep. Once I was sure he was asleep I got up and left the room.
"At least...I won't kill anyone, yet." I whispered to myself.