Chapter 64

I walked along the halls while doing some of Hades' paperwork. I frowned at the thousands of reports about rogues and Elvira's pack. She's targeting our pack more than my father's pack, but why?
I continued to muse over this, racking my brain for answers. I sighed, so many problems and no answers. Every day is just getting more stressful.
My mood-swings are terrible and I now stay away from Hades whenever I'm angry because I'll snap at him for the dumbest of things.
I burst into tears when he made me breakfast, saying it was the best thing I've ever tasted and so on. He was confused to say the least.
I walked into his office to see him speaking to my dad. I froze, staring at him wide eyed as he tried motioning for me to leave.
Damn it, I forgot they were having a meeting today. I started to back out when my father turned around. His eyes widened and he went to say something but I quickly left. I slammed the door and walked back to my room, trying to get the panic to leave me.
Once I reached my room I was able to relax and think straight. That was like seeing my worst nightmare in person, in a way, it was.
I stayed in the room for about an hour until Hades walked in.
"Are you okay?" He asked, his face showing concern.
I nodded, "Is he gone?"
"Yeah."

He closed the door and sat beside me, slowly wrapping his arm around me and pulling me close.  I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.
"Want some McDonald's?" He suddenly asked.
I looked up with a raised eyebrow, "Seriously? You're asking me that? You know I love Mcdonalad's."
He chuckled before pulling me to my feet. We grabbed our jackets and left.
I moaned as I ate my fry that was just dipped into my chocolate milkshake. Hades had a look of disgust as he watched me dip my fries into my shake and eat them. I smirked as I dipped another and held it up to him.
"Want one?" I asked.
He shook his head, "No."
"Come on, try it! It's good!"
"No, it's gross."
"It is not gross!" I argued, feigning hurt.
He shrugged, "It is."

I flashed him a glare as I ate the fry, "Asshole."
He smirked, "Now, that, I am. You done?"
"No, I need to finish my fries." I mumbled.
He frowned, "You did."

I glanced at the box and pouted. "They betrayed me." I whimpered.
Hades rolled his eyes before pulling me to my feet. He grabbed my trash and threw it away before walking out while still dragging me.
As we drove home I was still shocked by the fact he's not afraid. He's doing well with it, even after his accident.
As we drove into the driveway I could see everyone setting up for something. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Hades who seemed equally confused.
I climbed out of the car and walked over to where there were tables, a grill, decorations, and so on all set up.
I scanned everyone until I found who I was looking for. I marched over to her and pulled her into a quiet corner.
"What is going on?" I asked.
She grinned, "It's Jackson's birthday, I wanted to surprise him."
"Oh, tell him I said happy birthday."
"Wait, you aren't going to stay? You two haven't talked in a while and-
"I'm really tired, honestly. Maybe if it's still going when I wake up I'll join." I replied, giving her a smile.

She nodded, "Is Hades joining?"
"Probably." I said with a shrug.
"Well, I'll make sure he doesn't have too much alcohol. He's not...a nice drunk." She warned before getting back to the party.

I swallowed as I walked inside, he's not going to get drunk. Is he?