Chapter 40

I grinned as I found the Beta's file, a plan already forming in my head. I read over the information, making sure I knew everything about him. Once I saw his history of domestic violence and how he managed to murder his mate because of it, I wasn't surprised he abused Hades. Clearly, this man believes that violence is the only answer. I shook my head, he's more foolish than I thought.

"What are you doing?"

I snapped my head up to see Hades leaning against the door frame, his eyes narrowed. I swallowed and slowly placed the file down. "Nothing." I squeaked.

He sighed and walked over, snatching the file before I could hide it. Once he read the name on it he scowled at me. "Why are you looking information up on this guy? I know he's-

"He's insane, Hades. He hurt you and you're just going to let him get away with it?" I growled out, cutting him off.

He sighed, "No."

"Then what are you going to do? Try sweet talking him?" I snapped. "I'm sorry that I'm being cruel, but Hades, you need to end him. Either it's wrapping him in silver chains and throwing him in the dungeon or...killing him. You choose."

He looked at me before placing the file down, he ran his hand through his hair. I could tell he was tired and that he really didn't want to think much about this, but he has to. We need to figure out what to do with this man, once and for all.

"I'm just not as worried about him doing anything. There's a far more dangerous she-wolf running around, a she-wolf your father knows." he explained.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Who?"

"Her name is Elvira, she's witch/werewolf hybrid."

"Elvira...Elvira..." I mumbled, why does her name sound so familiar?

The it struck me, but that's impossible. Before leaving my father's pack lands I managed to find out who put him in a coma. My mother said a woman who my father used to sleep with in high school had stabbed him. That woman so happens to be Elvira, but my mother killed her. She snapped her neck.

I swallowed, "No, that's impossible. My mother killed her."

"No, she killed her twin, Griselda." he stated. "They both despised your parents, one out of envy, and the other out of betrayal."

"So, why does Elvira hate my father so much?"

"Your father and Elvira used to be friends with benefits, but Elvira ended up falling in love. When your father discovered your mother was his mate...he left Elvira for her."

"So, Griselda is the one who is envious of them?" I asked.

He nodded, "Yes, she's envious of your mother's beauty and father's power. So, she made a plan with Elvira, believing her sister will hand over the title. However, Elvira tricked her and caused her to get killed."

I frowned, taking in all of this new information. So, the woman who loathes my mother and is pissed off at my father is still alive? My eyes widened as I snatched the phone, ready to call my mother. I froze though, does he even deserve this? Deserve for me to call my mother to protect him? To save his life?

"My dear, do not let the darkness win. Let him earn your forgiveness in another way."

I clenched my jaw, that damn voice is back. I swear, I'm going insane, but that voice does have a point. I would be no better than my father; I sucked it up and dialed her number. I was relieved when she answered and quickly explained everything to her. She gasped and started ordering people around, telling them they must protect my father.

Once that was over I hung up and slumped down in the office chair. My mind was no longer wrapped around what that Beta did to my mate, it was now focused on Elvira. At least she took care of the other witch for me, but now I have to face her.

"Hades, we can't let her become Alpha or...well, Luna." I stated. "It would increase her power."

He sighed, "I'm afraid she's already an Alpha."

I gaped at him, "Wh-what?"

"She's mated to Alpha Jordan in South Carolina."

"Can this get any worse?"

"Um...actually..."

I gaped at him, "What now!?"

"She's part witch as I've mentioned, but that's only because she has powers. She can't cast spells, thank the goddess."

"Okay...how is that worse?"

"Where do you think she inherited her powers?" he asked.

I frowned, "I don't know..."

"Here's a hint, he loves blood and is considered the King of vampires."

"No...no.."

"Oh yes, he's real and so happens to be her father."

I can't believe this, he can't be her father! I thought he was just a myth, twisted into the myth of being an old and powerful vampire.

"What is he saying? Who is the King of Vampires?" my wolf questioned.

"Dracula. Not the legend Dracula, it's just the last name. He's his great great great grandson."

Author's note: Okay, this has to be rewritten, huh? Or is it okay? Thought I'd add my favorite Vampire in here. :) Anything that includes Dracula I love.

I'm so tired, so this may not be the best...