Chapter 30

I woke up in Hades' arms the next morning, I smiled as I clung onto him. He's alive. He's fine. Those two thoughts swam through my mind as I took in his scent, the sparks, the warmth, everything. I was tired, but I was too happy to fall asleep.
I looked up at his face to see him still sleeping peacefully, nothing but solace on his face.
I quietly and carefully slipped from his hold before walking to the bathroom. Once I was done I sighed and stood there, trying to decide what to do.
I didn't want to leave him, but I really needed to go home and take a shower, get dressed, and eat something. Hospital food isn't the best here, well, except for the Jello.
I kissed his forehead before reluctantly leaving.
I relaxed as the warm water washed over me, helping my nerves. I combed the shampoo through my hair, grinning at the vanilla scent. So much better than the forest and rain scent.
After my shower I threw on some clothes and walked to the kitchen. I scanned the cabinets, pouting when I couldn't find anything tasty or appetizing.
I sighed, "Where in the world are the Coco Puffs?"
"Gone." Someone chuckled from behind me.
I spun around to see a guy walking into the kitchen, dumping his bowl into the empty sink.
"So, who are you?" He questioned, his hazel eyes meeting mine.
I frowned, "Celina, Hades' mate. You are?"
"Luke, one of the pack warriors. So, you're our future Luna?" He questioned, leaning against the counter.
I nodded, "Yes."
He studied me for a few seconds before smirking. "I can't wait till you actually fight the male warriors. It's going to be fun to watch them get their asses handed to them."
"Really? You think I can actually do that?"
He laughed, "Of course! Hades bragged about you for goddess knows how long. Speaking of the Alpha, how is he?"
"He's doing fine."

He nodded before leaving to find his mate, who is luckily not a friend of Stephanie's. I gave up on finding something delicious and grabbed Hades' wallet.
"Looks like it's off to the diner." I mumbled.
As I walked outside to head towards town I felt dread fill me. I faltered in my step a bit, but shrugged it off. I'm just being paranoid.