Chapter 4

I was roughly thrown into the cell which only resulted in a loud crack. The guard froze as he stared at me, but then he shook his head and slammed the door shut. I groaned, trying to force myself up. Unfortunately my leg was shattered, my ribs were probably shattered, and multiple bones were fractured. My wolf growled in frustration, stating how it'll take days for them to fully heal.

I laid there for hours on end, trying my hardest to ignore the pain and the burning tears. I stiffened as someone's scent filled my nostrils. It smelled of mint and citrus, making my wolf stop healing and start howling. I internally growled, trying to get her to focus on the bones so I could at least move. She started to argue with me but the deep voice that sounded distracted the both of us.

The door swung open to reveal a pair of strong legs; damn it why can't my spin heal so I can look up? I groaned in annoyance, shifting my gaze to the dirty floor. I let out a scream as someone suddenly yanked me to my feet. As he placed me on my feet my leg gave out and I fell again, he was about to try once again but I snapped at him.

"Don't!" I cried out. "Please, it'll only hurt more."

"Good." he stated, dragging me to my feet again.

I didn't cry out this time, I placed my good hand on the wall and held myself up. Tears stung my eyes but I no longer cared. I looked up at him and that's when my world stopped, those brilliant green eyes had me frozen in place. However, the hatred in them had me snapping out of my stance.

I swallowed, he hates me. He's going to reject me.

"Please, don't do this." I whimpered as he took a step forward.

He narrowed his black eyes, "Sorry not sorry." he sneered.

I closed my eyes, praying this would be over soon.

"I, Hades Xavier Black, reject you-what is your name?" he suddenly demanded.

I swallowed my sob, "Celina Rose Blood."

He clenched his jaw, hesitating as he watched me. "I, Hades Xavier Black, reject you, Celina Rose Blood, as my mate and Luna." he spat.

I tore my eyes away from him, suddenly feeling angered. I'm so tired of people rejecting and abandoning me, this time, I'm not letting that happen. With a sudden burst of courage I looked back up at him, our eyes meeting.

"I, Celina Rose blood, refuse your rejection." I stated coldly.

His eyes widened as he stared at me, bewildered by my refusal. It took all I had to not smirk at him, I'm tired of this. I know I'm going to suffer even more than this, but the darkness that was filling my heart made me almost smile. He's going to feel my pain every day as the bond becomes stronger, he won't be free until I accept his rejection. Which will never happen, I'll make sure of that.

He growled loudly, holding me up by my throat. I struggled to breathe, clawing at his hand. "Don't you get it, rogue? I'll never love you, I don't want you as my mate. I'm in love with someone else, someone who deserves to be Luna of my pack. The pack already loves her and she's perfect, you on the other hand...you're just a mistake." he snarled before dropping me.

Those words, "You're just a mistake" had me quiet. It's not the first time I've heard those words and I know it won't be the last. I clenched my jaw and nodded.

"I already know I'm a mistake, trust me, I know." was all I could say.

He glowered at me for a few more minutes before turning and slamming the door. Of course my second chance mate doesn't love me, who could? I then cried, my mask breaking as my heart shattered. I slumped to the ground, ignoring the seering pain in my body.

Like my father said before, no one could ever love a mistake like me.