Chapter 15

I stayed quiet as Hades ran around his room, grabbing new sheets and pillows for the couch. I sighed, I was beyond exhausted and full from lunch and dinner with Jackson and his mate, Melody. I got off the bed as Hades tore the sheets off and replaced them with the brand new ones. Once he was sure the bed was perfect he picked me up and laid me down in it, giving me a gentle smile and kiss.

"Good night, love." he whispered.

I smiled, "Good night, Hades."

My voice was soft and breathless, almost as if we had just made out a few moments ago. Which, we didn't, and I didn't know if I should be sad or glad about that. I mean, he abandoned me for days on end and was mating with someone else during that time. The only reason he realized what he did was because I almost died. Anger bubbled in my chest, but also betrayal. I curled up in a ball and closed my eyes, my mind swarming with unanswered questions.

I woke up to see Hades out cold and hanging off the couch, snoring loudly. I groaned and covered my head with a pillow, trying to ignore his damn snoring. Times like these I absolutely hate having enhanced hearing. I eventually got up and stomped over to him, I then slapped him across the face. His eyes shot open and tumbled off the couch as he tried getting up.

I folded my arms across my chest as he slowly sat up and rubbed his head, he then looked up at me. "Why did you slap me?" he grumbled.

I scowled at him, "You were snoring!"

"So, you slapped me?"

I opened my mouth, but then closed it. I highly doubt that's the only reason I slapped him, after everything he's done, I deserves to be punched. Multiple times. In the balls, if he even has any. I rolled my eyes before storming out of the room, a blabbering Hades behind me. I spun around to yell at him when I noticed he was only in his boxers and many she-wolves were eye raping him. I growled loudly and grabbed him by the ear before bringing him back to the room.

"Get a shirt and pants on! I'm not going to have you strutting around in your muscled glory!" I snapped.

He smirked, "My muscled glory? Are you...jealous?"

I narrowed my eyes, I got into his face and jabbed my finger on his chest. "I'm not jealous, Alpha, I'm simply territorial. You're mine...for now, so I don't appreciate she-wolves staring at you like you're some piece of meat. Got it?"

"I'm your mate...for now? Why for now?" he asked, his eyes wide.

I sighed, "We didn't exactly accept each other, you did reject me after all."

He clenched his jaw and stared at me for a few moments before sighing. He walked up to me and gently placed his hands on my hips and touched his forehead to mine.

"I fucked up, okay? I was a heartless coward and I don't deserve someone like you, you're amazing. Celina, you're beautiful, completely breath taking. Not just on the outside, but on the inside. Instead of lashing out on me, rejecting me back, and leaving you stayed. I know, you didn't exactly have the best childhood, but I want to fix that. I want you to forget about all that pain, emotional and physical. I want you to be happy, to have bright eyes, to just...be alive.

I know you don't love me, but hopefully that'll change. If it doesn't, I'll find you a new pack to live in. Where you'll be safe from everything and where you'l hopefully find yourself someone you love. I know I haven't known you for long and we've barely talked, but I know I have feelings for you. No, I'm not in love...that doesn't exactly happen in just a few days." he let out a bitter laugh. "Trust me, I tried a very long time ago and she still hates me to this day. I do care about you, I can't get you out of my mind, and I need you.

I want to spend my life with you, to hold you, to love you, to just...I don't know, be everything you would want in a man. All I'm asking for is a chance to show you that, a chance to make sure you stay happy and safe, all the time."

When he was finally done his eyes were vulnerable, he was vulnerable. I swallowed, my mind going blank and my mouth unable to form words. So, I did what I thought was best, I kissed him. Sparks exploded between us, the bond becoming stronger as we continued to kiss. It was filled with passion, want, need. Once we parted I stared up at him and smiled a little, gently running my thumb over his cheek.

"You're right, I don't love you." I whispered.

A flash of hurt crossed his eyes, but I quickly hushed him before he could say another word. "But that doesn't mean I never will. I admit, I do fear you a little, you made me live in hell for a few days. That's nothing compared to my past though, but you still hurt me. Emotionally and physically. I'll give you another chance and I'm begging you, please, do not screw it up.

Just because I'm not head over heels in love with you doesn't mean I don't want you." I explained before kissing him again.

He smiled at me, his eyes sparkling with specks of hope. He quickly covered himself up and we walked down to the kitchen for breakfast. We held hands the whole way to the kitchen, both of us not able to let go.

I know it'll take me a while to fall in love with him, but that doesn't mean there isn't an attraction there. I'm attracted to him, not because of only the mate-bond. Well, his looks have something to do with that, but there's something else. I can't figure it out, but I will. I'm determined to make this work, to see if the Moon Goddess didn't make a mistake.

Not matter how unwanted I feel.