Heaven

"Prince Reiax! Hey, Prince Reiax!" a young girl's voice called out from the darkness.

Dre felt himself blink his eyes open. Something was off. There were no longer any sounds of Edge Walkers or the battle that he was fighting with his group. He could no longer feel his lungs burning from inhaling the smoke from the wild blue fire, no longer hear its crackle. He could only feel his hands resting behind his head in between a rough tree bark and a head full of long, straight hair.

Once his eyes fully opened, he found that he wasn't even in the same time period as before. There were no buildings around, no opal stone path to the school, and more importantly, no one from his group. The only person he could see was a young girl in a long and frilly sky blue dress with off-white silk gloves that reached well past her elbows. She wore a silver tiara over her silky blonde braided hair with pea sized rubies and sapphires embedded in it. Behind her was a white, circular carriage pulled by two white horses.

"I told you before, you don't have to call me a prince, A-mii," Dre heard himself say to her in a voice much unlike his. This voice was high-pitched, the type of voice that would be expected to fit a young boy, and had a much more regal inflection in the tone of his voice.

His eyes shut again as he felt his legs cross on their own. Am I not in control of my body anymore? What exactly happened in that forest? He tried to move, but it was to no avail. It felt as though he was bound by the invisible strings of a puppet master, and he had no choice but to ride it out until it ended. If it ever does.

"I have you know," A-mii began in a shrill voice, "that my father has taught me to address you only with the honorable name of 'Prince Reiax', and I'm more than sure that your father has told you to address me as 'Princess A-mii!'"

Reiax. Where have I heard that?

"More times that I care to mention. What are you doing in our kingdom, anyways? I thought a goody-goody like you wouldn't dare leave her father's sight."

Princess A-mii let out a swift "Humph" as she turned around. "Father was the one who brought me here to see you while he and King Marduck attended to business-"

Dre felt himself let out a big, overly dramatic yawn as he murmured, "Boring."

"Which is precisely," Princess A-mii continued as she faced him again, "why I've come to see you. I saw something pretty saddening while we were on our way here."

Prince Reiax stood up, strode past Princess A-mii to a beautiful, white horse with a royal shield implanted on the leather saddle, and pulled two green apples from the knapsack. "What did you see, an injured cub on the way and that you tried so desperately to heal?" he asked as he fed the horse one of the apples.

"No, I did not! I saw a boy inside of the slave gates."

"Father always imprisons the poor. Why is this such a big deal?" Reiax asked as he took a bite from the apple, though Dre couldn't taste it.

"He looked much younger than us, possibly around six or seven. I couldn't find his family either."

Reiax furrowed his brows. "Father... He doesn't allow children that young to be a slave, especially with no family." He threw the apple in the grass as he firmly grabbed Princess A-mii shoulders. "A-mii- Princess A-mii," he corrected himself as she gave him a sour look, "will you please come with me?"

She frowned as she said, "Only if you promise to address me as 'Princess A-mii' for now on."

Reiax frantically nodded as he mounded the horse. "Please tell father that I have return to the City of the Sun with Prince Reiax," Princess A-mii told a shabby-looking man controlling the horses.

He nodded as he said to the horses in a ragged voice, "Return to the Kingdom of Amita." The carriage  began to move down a dirt road as Princess A-mii made her way to Reiax's horse and mounted it behind him.

"Quickly return to the Kingdom of Amita," he told the horse. It neighed powerfully as it  galloped down the path. Though Dre couldn't feel nor taste anything that Reiax could, he could feel the rage emanating from him.