Battle At Sylvia

Ichi's eyes flashed open. He was still breathing heavy as the door to the transfer pod slid open. "Did we win?" he asked the empty room as left the pod. "Odd. Where'd everyone go?"

He made his way to the circular table, where three Fruits of Marathon and a note laid. He took a bite out of the fruit as he read the note aloud. "The city's in trouble. Loyalty sent an S.O.S. Our phones are already locked on to his position. Come Quick. Uh oh." He abandoned the note as he ran out of the room.

~~~

"Keep fighting!" Sakura yelled as she struck down two Edge Walkers. It hardly seemed to even put a dent in their numbers. For every one that they had killed, the Siren would conjure three more. It was apparent; she had to take the Siren out.

They fought on, staying as close to each other as they could. Slowly but surely, the Edge Walkers were getting the best of them. Loyalty's left arm was completely covered in blood, and he had three claw marks on his side. "These damn things are relentless," he cried out as he swung his double-bladed staff, slashing waves of Edge Walkers in half. He fell to his knees, gasping.

"Don't give up!" Joel called as he swipedswipe his nunchaku across the jagged jaw of an Edge Walker. Spinning around, he kicked another Edge Walker behind him. "We're not going to let Chris down like this!" He dodged a rushing Edge Walker, claws outstretched, and sent his elbow crashing in between its eyes.

Chris stood in front of the Siren, staring vacantly at her as she continued singing. She made her way down the steps and began walking towards him, moving with the slow melody of her song. Her song switched from sounding slow and beautiful to low and morose, and Sakura had an idea what this meant. Her father always told her the signs of a Siren getting ready to devour her slaves: The Hymn of Lament. At the end of the song, she would kiss her possessed victim, pulling him deeper into her spell before she finished him off.

"Guys, it's the Hymn of Lament! She's going to try and eat Chris!"

Taking down another line of Edge Walkers, Loyalty bellowed, "Like Hell, she is!" He positioned the staff in front of him, using the blades like a battering ram as he rushed the monsters.

The Siren was mere inches away from Chris. With her clawed hands, she cupped Chris's jaw. Her song grew quiet as she brought his head close to her, her yellow eyes seductively half opened. Her song barely above a whisper, she drew him closer, and pressed their lips together.

The army of Edge Walkers disappeared in a black mist, showing the group the haunting scene; the Siren had kissed Chris Blade. Their best friend was gone. Both Sakura and Joel fell to their knees, staring at the terrifying sight.

Loyalty, however, refused to accept it.

He twisted the middle of his staff and pulled it apart. Using one half as a sword and abandoning the other half with his defeated group, he roared as he rushed at the Siren. He leapt through the air and aimed the tip of the blade at the Siren's head. An Edge Walker launched from the street and absorbed the contact. A dark curtain materialized from thin air. He was petrified as the curtain lowered, revealing a pale, almost translucent chin and a jagged set of teeth. "Now, now. It's rude to disrupt someone during their meal."

Pushing off of his blade, he jumped back towards Joel and Sakura. His sword vanished from the boy's hand. The Siren smirked as she looked at the group, savoring their despair. Behind them, a silver object spun past them and collided with her head. Chris fell to the ground as the object soared back behind Loyalty to an army of fifty-one Elemancers standing in the street. Loyalty ran towards Chris and the Siren and hauled him across his shoulders before running back to his group.

The man leading the group raised his hand and caught a silver boomerang. "You guys alright?"

"Uncle Christan! The Siren, she-"

"Well, hello beautiful," McManus interrupted a tearful Sakura as he pushed through the group. "I never thought I was lucky enough to see a Siren today. My name is Demetrius McManus. I like cuddling, small walks on the beach, and-" He was cut off by Brianna's tight grip on his shoulder. She glared at him with piercing eyes. "What? I was just joking. Honest."

"Well, looks like the cavalry has arrived," the boy said as he raised his hand. Edge Walkers began raising from the cobblestone street. "Let's have a little fun while you're here."

Sakura, Joel, and Chris, carried by Loyalty, made their way to the army of Amians, jumping over the clawed hands rising out of the ground. "Make room!" McManus called out to the group; they split up as McManus led them out of the upcoming battle.

After running a good distance away from the sounds of war, McManus stopped at an intersection, panting. "Damn, I'm out of shape. I gotta stop drinking. What happened out there?"

"Chris got possessed by the Siren and made him attack us. There was a boy there too, the one Dre was reported seeing. She was getting ready to eat him until Uncle Christan hit her with his boomerang," Sakura explained.

"Some people get all the luck," McManus sighed. "Loyalty, do you mind sitting him against this building?"

"Not at all, sir," he said as he ran to the building in front of them and set Chris against it. "What do you suggest we do to snap him out of it?"

"Well, we can wait until Ichi gets here, but who knows how long that will take. Wait. Hold his head still, I got an idea." Loyalty nodded before he held Chris's head up as McManus kneeled in front of them.

"What do you plan-" The sound of skin slapping against skin interrupted Joel as McManus cracked the back of his hand across Chris's face, knocking it from Loyalty's grip.

For a moment, nothing happened until he yelled, "Ow! You nob!" He instinctly swung for McManus, who leaned away from his fist. Looking around cluelessly, Chris asked, "Where the devil am I? What are you all looking at?"

"Wow. That actually worked," Joel said. He turned towards McManus. "How did you know that would work?"

"I didn't. One of my friends work at the restaurant ya'll went to. She said to backhand Chris for being a humongous dick."

Chris mumbled under his breath as he rubbed his reddening cheek. "What the hell happened anyway?"

"These three just saved you from being a Siren's sex slave," McManus said as he stood back up.

"Why would you do that?!"

"Chris, the Sirens will kill you once they get sick of you, and use your bones for ornaments," Sakura explained.

"Have I ever told you guys that I love you?" Chris said, his tone quickly changing. "Why aren't we going after her?" He stood up groggily.

"With that boy able to conjure up Edge Walkers like that, this has escalated to a grade-A mission, maybe even a grade-S. You'd only get yourselves killed. Go back to the arena and tell the officials of what's happening here. Tell them to shut down the tournament." The group put a fist over their hearts before running towards the arena.