She Who Controls the Vile Beast

"This is not good. At all." Sakura said as she pulled four throwing knives from her belt. The Siren was standing at the top of a small flight of stairs. It's fingers serrated into talon-like appendages, the Avian Siren smiled wickedly with razor-sharp teeth, salivating at the sight of her next meal. Blond wings flapped behind her, as golden as her hair covering her head. Had it not been for her teeth and wings, Sakura would've mistaken the Siren for an angel, based on her almost supernatural beauty. The demon boy was hovering beside her, smiling demonically as he looked at Chris Blade's trance-like stare. He said something to the Siren, who nodded and began serenading once again.

"What's going on?" Loyalty asked behind her.

"It looks like the boy wanted the Siren to start back singing. He probably plans to break the Siren/Amian treaty-" she was cut off by a black, bubbling mass circling Chris Blade. The Siren rose her clawed hands. With them, rose the long, inky claws of Edge Walkers from the black circle.

"It's her!" she whispered. "She's controlling the Edge Walkers!"

"What!?" both Joel and Loyalty whispered in shock.

The Edge Walkers began to pull themselves from the darkness surrounding Chris Blade, howling in the air. Chris remained unmoving, as if he couldn't see the Edge Walkers rising around him. Sakura had seen enough. She refused to sit back in safety while her teammate would be a victim of the Siren. She ran from behind the cover, rushed towards the sacrificial-like area, and tossed four throwing knives, killing an Edge Walker with each one. She knew it was fruitless, since the Siren could easily conjure more. She stood behind Chris, poised for combat. "Let him go."

"You foolish little girl," the boy snarled, his smile disappearing. "Samantha. Show me the extent of your power."

"My pleasure," the Siren said before she began singing. Chris Blade perked up at once, his eyes gray and glazed over. He spun towards Sakura and threw a wild punch.

She swayed, dodging by just a hair. "What's gotten into you?" she asked, outraged as both Loyalty and Joel ran to her side. Chris Blade slid his machete from his back sheathe, staring at her with soulless eyes.

"Don't. Make. Me," he struggled to say. The Siren began to sing again. "Then again, she's so damn sexy." He dashed, almost hovered, towards them and swung the machete at Sakura. She dodged the haphazard strike, receiving a small gash across her forehead. She vaulted backwards as Loyalty dashed forward.

"Don't! He's being possessed!" she called as she saw Loyalty ready his double bladed sword to thrust into Chris Blade.

Loyalty hesitated. Ducking low, Chris smashed his fist against his chin with a stiff uppercut, making Loyalty stumble backwards. Joel charged in behind Loyalty. He soared through the air; Chris ducked Joel's flying kick before both men squared off. Joel's nunchaku whipped through the air, each blow flew past Chris as he dodged with inhuman speed.

Sakura rushed to Loyalty's aid as she stared at Joel and Chris in disbelief. Joel was the fastest person in the group, and yet he couldn't even land a single strike on Chris. It was as if the Siren had granted him enhanced speed and strength.

Chris caught Joel's wrist, tripped his feet from under him, and thrust a flame-cloaked palm into his stomach, making him crash into Loyalty and Sakura.

The boy laughed satanically. "A bit rowdy, aren't you?" he mused as he held out a ghostly white hand. Black runes began to slither around his palm as he smiled a brutish smile.

"I'll show you 'rowdy' after I beat your pale ass!" he shouted as he rushed at the boy, ignoring Sakura's plea. He brought his blade down hard, aiming at the boy's head. "What the-" His sword phased through the boy's head, as if he were a ghost. The boy turned and looked at Loyalty, who looked baffled that his sword didn't connect.

"If you want to fight so badly, I'd be happy to oblige," the boy said. His grin widened as he raised his hand; the group looked on helpless as the blood-red ribbons surged out from his hand and began seeping into the ground. "Eh, what the hell. Let's have a frenzy!" The streams multiplied, looking as if the ground was being struck by thousands of bloody lightning bolts. His body vanished as the last of the ribbons rushed out of his hand.

The air erupted with the shrieking of the Edge Walkers as their inky claws reached up from the ground. Loyalty cursed as he ran to regroup with his group. The black wave rose from the cobblestone street, shielding the Siren and Chris. A high-pitched, almost screeching cackle began sounding off behind the dark mass. Then, the Siren began vocalizing; the Edge Walkers stood as straight as their hunched masses would allow them, their red eyes slowly morphing to green. "Kill them!"