The Invasion of Sylvia

"Oh boy, I'm so stuffed," Sakura said, holding Loyalty's hand as they left Restaurant des Dieux. Both Chris Blade and Joel followed beside, both looking content.

Chris Blade entwined his hands behind his head. "It's no surprise. You were inhaling those biscuits like none other. You sure you aren't pregnant?"

"Your manners knows no bounds," Sakura said coldly.

"We probably would have left sooner if you hadn't been complaining to the waiter to make your tea 'up to the Queen of England' standards. You don't even like tea," Loyalty interjected.

"Dude, what kind of British person hates tea?" asked Joel as he lit up a blunt.

"The kind that was sent here to piss the world off," Chris Blade said with a smile on his face. The group said nothing, only sparing a blank stare. "How late are we, anyways?"

"I'll call Dre. Hopefully he still has his phone on him," Loyalty said as he pulled out his phone. "Dre. Who's fighting?"

There was low, gurgling yelling in the distance; a familiar yelling that meant immediate danger outside of the school. Worse, it was multiple voices. Edge Walkers.

"Did you guys hear that?" Sakura asked cautiously.

"If I say no, will it go away?" Joel asked after taking a deep drag from the blunt.

"This isn't the time for your stoner logic," Chris Blade stated. He turned his attention to Sakura. "Where do you think you heard it from?"

"I-I don't know. Somewhere down the street." She said as she slid her daggers from her beltline. The rest of the team followed suit as she said "Be cautious, guys."

An alarm blared through the partially abandoned city. The store owners followed protocol, allowing the few remaining citizens inside of their stores before closing and barring their windows and doors with iron gates. "Do you guys think that the tournament will be shut down?" Joel asked as he placed his nunchaku around his neck.

"I don't think so. Dad said that he was preparing for this to happen," Sakura answered. "Still, we need to be careful and try not to attract too much attention from the patrons." The guys nodded as they walked down the sidewalk, keeping their ears perched.

"I'll call you back, Dre. Something's come up." He paused. "Don't worry, you're safer inside than you are out here." Another pause. "I've trained for this, bro. I'll be fine out here. Don't alert anyone to what's going on out here unless I tell you." Pause. "Because it'll cause widespread panic. The people who live on Amity aren't as trained as we are, so they'll be safer if they don't know. Just stay inside, stay safe, and tell no one about this." He hung up as he readied his sword.

The four silently dashed down the street, listening for any Edge Walkers calls. Nobody said a word as they scanned the area. The wind blew softly between them as they walked down the dimly lit street. "Wait," Sakura said softly as the alarm ceased. She held her arms out to stop the rest of her group. She hesitated for a second before asking, "Did you guys hear that?"

The group sharpened their ears. In the distance, from what sounded like further down the street beside them, was a woman singing a soothing, alluring song. "Sounds like singing," Loyalty said. "Do you think it has something to do with the last Edge Walker invasion?"

"Possibly- hey, wait," Joel said as Chris Blade started walking, almost trancelike, in the direction of the singing. He reached for him but had his hand stopped by Sakura. "What are you doing? He's probably walking towards an Edge Walker ambush."

"Or he could be walking towards the source of the singing. Remember, it could be a Siren that's doing this. We'll tail him until we find the source."

The group caught up to Chris Blade, slowing down once he was still within eye-shot. He turned a corner; Sakura walked ahead and peaked around the corner. She threw up a hand, making both Joel and Loyalty stop. The singing was loud now, sounding as if it was on the other side of the building. Sakura still held her hand up. For what seemed like eons, the group stood as still as statues, waiting for her to motion them over. She finally gave the signal to follow. Loyalty and Joel quickly made their way to Sakura's side. "It's a Siren," she said in a low voice.

"So does that mean the treaty is broken?" Joel asked.

"Well, not exactly." She turned to meet both of their perplexed stare. "She has a Blood-seal tattoo. I don't exactly know if that still breaks the treaty or not, but we need to alert dad, as well as the rest of our group."

"I'm already on it," Loyalty said as he dialed Jeremy's number.

Sakura began peeking out of the corner, turning back towards them almost at an instant. "Guys, there's something out there."

"What is it?" Joel said as he began to rush from the cover.

"Don't go out there," Sakura said as she stopped him and dragged him back to the wall. "I don't know what it is. It looks like some sort of demon hovering beside her."

"Demon?" both Joel and Loyalty said.

Sakura nodded. "I think it's the kid that Dre reported seeing from his attack at the school."

"You mean the one that took control of Dixon?" Loyalty asked.

"Yeah," Sakura confirmed. "And now he's taken control of a Siren."