Transfer

"Let's see, platform number four. I think this is it," Kim said as she strode through the black double doors.

The roar of an anticipated crowd erupted through the hall as she opened the door. Dre couldn't wait to go inside now, feeling the adrenaline from the crowd flowing through him, coursing through his veins. He climbed the stairs and went inside himself and was let out in the middle of rows upon rows of screaming fans. The roof of the stadium had been removed, letting the sun shine brightly overhead. Rock music was blaring through the large speakers at the corners of the stadium, though he couldn't recognize what was playing.

A small aircraft flew in front of them, mounting what looked like a camera. Kimmy shook his arm, trying to tell him something but the fans and music effortlessly blocked her out. She was pointing to the front, where a large monolith stood in the center of a wide open field stood, displaying both of them as if they were on a TV screen. He smiled and waved as surrounding audience members patted his arms or leaned over the guardrail, whooping at the camera. It zoomed away, moving down the bleachers as a new image popped up on the giant screen. Both Raheem and Toney looked at each other, both with intense faces. The Rematch of the Century! Team Gladestone vs. Team Wolf for the main event tonight!

Kimmy tugged his arm as she began walking up the steps. Row twenty-two. Twenty-three. Twenty-four. They slid into the row as they looked down the seats for either Abigail, Megumi, or Tiffany. Sure enough, Megumi's red hair popped out of the manic fans.

"Man, what happened to you guys?" Megumi asked as they both took their seat.

"We just had to have a little chat," Dre stated.

"I see. So, you two like it so far? This place is amazing, huh?"

Kimmy put on a sour expression. "Beside most of the people looking more drunk than football fans, I'd say this place isn't too bad."

"So you guys didn't mind being on the kiss cam, then?"

"Kiss Cam?!" both Dre and Kim cried.

"Chill, guys. I'm just joking." The crowd began cheering much louder than before and stood as an energetic voice called over the speakers. "Oh! It's finally starting! Crap, I can't see, dude," Megumi said.

"You should stand up, then," Dre stated.

"I am."

The announcer's voice carried out through the stadium, drowning out Kimmy's words of comfort. "Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the Emblem of Valor Tournaments Exhibition matches! As we welcome back two legendary teams, Team Gladestone and Team Wolf, we must also remember the noble sacrifice of our fallen comrades killed by Aggaron the Dark. Not only from these two teams, but also from our slain family and friends, parents and siblings, who gave their lives for us. As customary, we must allow thirty seconds of silence for our fallen friends."

Every head had bowed, every hat was removed. The stadium was completely silent. The wind itself had seemed to still itself in respect for its fallen heroes; a phenomenon that Dre wouldn't have believed if he had seen it with his own eyes. His heart thumped rapidly against his ribcage, the pounding could be heard in his ears. He wasn't sure if it was for the silence or the intensity, and more importantly, he wasn't sure why his heart was pounding to begin with. Could it be the pride of knowing that he was a part of this long lineage of heroes that the city seemed to collectively silence in respect to? He grasped his hands behind his back and bowed his head as well, allowing the pride to well in his heart.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, it's time!" The arena eruption into an explosion of cheers once again. "Representing the Reiax Academy of Amita, it's Team Blade, led by Christopher "Buzz Saw" Blade!" The crowd went wild as a portrait of Team Blade displayed on the screen, with Chris Blade standing in front, his hands clasped behind him. Both Joel and Loyalty stood on both sides of him, along with Sakura beside Loyalty, Hwan-Jin beside Joel, and two different people that Dre hadn't seen before. Beside Sakura was a man with blonde, curly hair. He stood significantly taller than Sakura, almost standing just as tall as Michael. At the far right stood a dark skinned woman with two afro puffs tied at the back of her head. Each team member had a hardened, intimidating expression.

"And representing Lumière Academy of Sylvia, our very own Team Archambeau, led by Neveah Archambeau!" A dull rumble could be heard through the arena as Team Archambeau's portrait appeared on the screen in a flashier manner. Fireworks exploded in the air as the audience continued to stomp on the bleachers. Favoritism be damned.

Team Archambeau looked the polar opposite of Team Blade. While Team Blade had different colors of clothing, their opponents wore the same white jacket and white pants, both of which had gold trimming in a design of a sprawled vine. All of the members of the team, three men and four women, had golden hair; the women's hair was braided down their back while the men's hair was cut short and regally. They were the personification of uniformity.

The team's pictures had been removed from the screen as jumbled text appeared, moving so quickly that it was hard for Dre to keep track of. "And the match type will be..." the announcer waited until the words finally stopped moving. "Four-man team battle! One life to live!"

The crowd erupted. Dre and Kim were perplexed as to what was going on as Megumi cheered with the rest of the audience. "What's going on?" Kim asked Megumi.

"Each match has randomly selected match types. They can range from having a one-on-one duel to having the whole team fighting against each other. Each match consists of three rounds, and unless it's a 'one life to live' battle, each team member gets three lives. Oh, hang on-" Megumi cut herself off as she began counting down along with the crowd.

"Five! Four! Three! Two! One! Transfer!"

KeH