Team Archambeau Vs Team Blade

"Not gonna lie guys," Chris Blade said over the team's communicator, "we're dealing with some sexy women today. Nevertheless, I want to see some arses getting kicked."

"Easy for him to say. He gets to sit behind a monitor while we get whipped by these beautiful women," Joel said as he counted his throwing knives. The team was camped out at their safety area on the outskirts of the city. The broken in windows and ragged doors of the towering buildings gave them plenty of places to set up traps or station their covert operative. The streets were littered with rubble and abandoned cars, some were still smoldering, as if it had recently exploded. They waited in the windless air, checking their weapons before Chris Blade gave them the okay to attack.

"Yo, Glass Joe, you got a plan?" Loyalty said to the towering Jeremy.

"I really wish you'd call me by my real name," Jeremy sighed as he materialized his silver sabre. His blonde, curly hair looked almost auburn in the deep red of sunset. "Sakura, since you're acting as our covert operative, it would be a good idea for you to sneak through the houses. Check inside for any of the enemy and keep your eyes on the windows. Scan the area for five second before you switch buildings." She nodded as she materialized a claymore. "Loyalty, I want you to keep a slight distance on her. Stay low and pick off anyone that you see." He saluted to Jeremy before checking the magazine of his pistol. He snapped it back in the gun before he materialized his katana and strapped it on his back.

"Joel, you're with me. We will make our way up the street and attack the charging forces. Use the cars and rubble as cover, and keep your head down," he concluded as Joel held out his hand and materialized a battle ax.

"Fifteen seconds left," Chris Blade stated.

"Since we are dealing with beautiful women, you aren't going to try and flirt with any of them, are you?" Sakura had asked Loyalty jokingly with a disarming smile.

"So I can lose the love of my life? I don't think so."

"Cut the cute crap and load up, it's go time," Chris Blade said.

The group separated to their assigned locations; Sakura went towards the closest building, looking for a way to the roof, Joel and Jeremy took to the streets, taking cover behind cars for a few seconds before sprinting towards more cover away, and Loyalty had stayed behind, laying prone on the cracked street until Sakura was two buildings away from him.

"There's no way on the roof, so I'm heading in," Sakura whispered in her communicator to Chris Blade.

"Just stay low and focused. The aural sensors aren't going to be much help if there is another covert operative inside, so keep your eyes peeled."

"Confirmed."

She slid the door out of the doorway and looked in. It looked much worse inside than it did on the outside. The furniture was torn to shreds, with feather and cotton and shattered remains of a chandelier were scattered through the dark and dank room. A gaping hole in the wall at the other side of the room and the broken in windows were the only source of light. Chunks of carpet had seemed to have been removed by something almost inhuman, as claw marks decorated the ground and walls, each appeared to be stained with blood. She let out a sigh of relief, remembering that this was all virtual.

The inside looked clear of any enemies. Carefully stepping over the rubble, she stalked to the window, counting down from five as she looked. Five, four, three, two-

Something shifted behind her. She quickly spun on her heel as a member of Team Archambeau, a tall woman with a rapier sheathed at her hip, tackled her though the remains of the window pane. The wind was knocked out of Sakura's lungs as she crashed on the glass and concrete. The woman stood and slid the rapier from the leather sheath; it sang with excitement as she held it at Sakura's throat. Loyalty called out Sakura's name, but was silenced as the woman skillfully tossed a throwing knife at his shin, quickly incapacitating him. "Shall we begin?" she asked with a thick French accent, smiling wickedly. She brought the guard to her chest regally, stepping back while staring Sakura down with hazel, maniacal eyes.

"Begin?" She struggled to rise to her feet. Her black, long sleeve unitard and black cotton pants ripped and splattered with blood, but she managed to put on a feigned smile. "You really want to battle me with such a flimsy sword. That thing probably couldn't even cut through tile." Irritation flashed across the woman's face. "Besides," Sakura continued, "you didn't even have the common decency to introduce yourself."

The woman was seething before she swiftly pointed the point of the sword at the ground. "Very well then," she said through her teeth, placing both of her hands on the pommel of the blade. "I am Edith. And to have the audacity to insult my blade is more than a plea to have it spill your blood. My blade is meant for speed, stabbing each of your organs with precise strikes! That is something that your oversized meat cleaver you call a sword will never in a million years have the ability to do!"

Sakura grinned as she unsheathed her claymore. "Let's just test your theory then."

Edith dashed at Sakura, sending the point at her chest. She brought her claymore in front of her, parrying the jab in the nick of time, and delivered a swift kick at Edith's sternum. She fell to her knees as Sakura readied to thrust the sword in her back, but rolled out of harm's way as Sakura brought the blade down, bouncing it off the ground.

"And you call my blade flimsy," Edith said before laughing frantically.

The sword rattled uncomfortably in her hands as she stared at her eyes, looking as terrified as she was confused. "What are you talking about, psycho?" Edith dashed at her before she had time to prepare, sending jab after jab at her midsection. Sakura blocked and parried the haphazard assault as she was being driven backwards. A large piece of rubble sent her crashing on the ground. Edith wasted no time mounting her. "Now die!" she said as she sent the sword towards Sakura's head. Fortunately, she managed to move her head out of the sword's path, receiving only a gash under her eye. The rapier bent and ricocheted out of her hands. She stared down maniacally at Sakura, an evil smile lit on her face as she sent a flurry of punches at Sakura's face. She covered up as much as she could, using her mixed martial arts experience to sway out of the way as her punches pounded against the concrete, making knuckles burst open. She recoiled, giving Sakura a much needed opening. Grabbing the back of Edith's neck, she smashed their heads together, leaving Sakura dazed. Edith was thrown off of her.

"Oi, Sakura! Get off your arse and fight back already!" Chris Blade demanded.

"I don't need you to tell me what to do!" She jumped up, grabbed her sword, and dashed at Edith as she backed herself on a wall, trying to shake off her disorientation. "And by the way," she slid the claymore deep into her stomach, "my name is Sakura." Edith let out an ear-splitting yell before Sakura slashed vertically, slicing her in two. Her skin evaporated, turning to a grid outline of herself before it vanished. Sakura panted slightly, returning her blade in her sheath. She looked towards their starting point, looking for Loyalty.

He was nowhere to be seen.