The Student Vs The Teacher

Ichi's breathing was labored. He had just defeated an already weakened and enraged Zero as well as his older brother, Christan. He looked around the dark forest, looking for his next opponent, when a chilling sense of danger urged him to fall to the ground. He did so, narrowly dodged four kunai knives made of ice. Each stuck to a tree, freezing its bark almost at an instant. He looked up a tree opposite of him, where he saw what looked like two lines of the silver of the Ice Kurai group's member vest. The question flowing through Ichi's mind was who was stalking him; Marcus or Samuel.

Taking no chances in finding out, he hurled a spear made of ice at him. The man slid off of the branch, hanging on with one hand as he held his free hand in front of him, extending his index and middle fingers. He had recognized that motion from it being figuratively pounded into his brain his first year of joining the Kurai Elites: the Killing Mist. It required focusing a large amount of powered snow in one's hand while keeping the first two fingers away from the palm to ensure that the small space doesn't harden it while making it unable to scatter freely through the targeted area. Once enough is accumulated, the attacker arches the two raised fingers, allowing precise aim while they blew the icy mist out. "Like hell, you are!" he called as he conjured another spear and threw it at him.

The man let go of the branch with a fine mist trailing behind him. The moment his body his the ground, he bounced out of the way of the falling mist. It floated to the ground, thoroughly freezing whatever it had touched. "That almost ended horribly," the old man had said once he stood up. Ichi noticed that Samuel no longer depended on his cane to stand. He stood as tall as any man decades younger than him. His black quarterstaff was perched behind him, shining slightly in the dim light.

"You clever little sneak," Ichi chuckled as he placed his hands behind his back. His fingers twitched as he used his elemental power to work his spear out of the tree. "You had us believing that age was finally taking its toll on you."

"A ninja's best weapon is his mind. Have I taught you nothing?" he asked with a grin.

"I suppose you're right, master." His eyes twinkled under his glasses once his blades had been freed. "Then again, I've always been your best student. You've also taught me that a ninja's duel lasts no more than a few seconds, so I'm assuming you won't mind if I make this quick." He forged three more kunai and chucked them at Samuel. He aimlessly swayed out of harm's way, exactly what he had hoped would happened. He pulled the hand that forged the spear from behind his back, and maneuvered the spear to fly towards his master. Samuel looked caught off guard as he grabbed his staff from behind him and began quickly spinning it in a circle, chipping away the spear before it had a chance to impale him. As he was busy with the spear, Ichi rushed at his master, his katar aimed at his torso. It struck home, catching Samuel in his side.

Almost instinctively, he grabbed the handle of the katar. An icy cold chill enveloped Ichi's hand as his master vanished. It worked its way up from his hand, threatening to freeze him over entirely. The old fool, he thought to himself as the ice made its way midway up his forearm. He tried slamming his arm against a tree, hoping to shatter the ice. It was frozen solid, as hard as a rock.

It was up to his bicep as the next opponent began to descend. His arm was already completely numb, so not only did he have to fight with one arm, he had a strict time limit. He believed that he had a slim chance depending on who was next.

He looked at his opponent and sighed hopelessly, seeing the last person he had wanted to see stand opposite of him. Toney stood tall, smirking as he crossed his arms over his barreled chest. His flame-red jacket barely fit over his muscled frame. To make matters worse, he would have to deal with Toney's zweihander strapped proudly on his back. I haven't got a chance.

"I had hoped that you was Raheem. Ah well." He drew his oversized sword, preparing it behind him with both of his hands.

"Nope." Ichi waved his free hand over his head thrice, the symbol of surrender. He almost chuckled at Toney's bewilderment before he vanished.