Chapter 3: Where did you buy a girl?

It was Friday already and my parents were leaving for their business trip. Adam and I, with our friends, will be taking the plane for Mauritius island tomorrow. Those past few days, I tried to talk to more people and whenever Stacy would talk to me, I'd simply go quiet because I, as usual, didn't want to attract attention to me. Adam would simply sigh and rolled his eyes at me. Rebecca too, would sighed at my behavior. She wanted me to let my hair loose and I wanted my hair to be in a bun. I find it more easier to concentrate in class when my hair is not all over my face.

     I put on a denim high waist short and a top before walking downstairs. My dark red hair was flowing on my back in his natural wavy way. I gotta admit that there was a huge difference when my hair was tied and when it was not. I found myself more confident and beautiful when my hair was down. I ran down the stair and saw my parents' suitcase on the porch. I walked to the living room to see my brother sprawled on the couch and my parents sitting in front of me. Apparently, they were waiting for me. I walked to the couch and pushed Adam's feet off it before sitting down.

    "So, even though I know you already know the rules, I'm going to repeat everything all over again" My mother said and my father nodded. "As you're the star quarterback of your school, it's obvious that you're expected to have a party before holidays and I'm giving you the permission to throw a party today" my mother said and Adam fist pumped the air, making me chuckle. "Tomorrow your flight will be at eight in the afternoon" she told us.

     "You're also expected to clean the house after the party" my father added and we rolled our eyes. We already know that.

     "We know that dad" I said and he rose his eyebrows at me.

    "Really? Because the last time, I remember walking in the house with teens sprawled in the house and with some naked asses sleeping by the pool" My father told me and Adam and I burst out laughing.

     "Your fault. You got home too early" Adam said and I chuckled.

    "Your fault for not telling me that there was a party going on in my own house" my father backfired and we all burst out laughing.

     "No illegal stuffs during the party" My mother warned. "And when you'll reach Mauritius, my friend Kelsey will pick you up from the airport" she said and handed me a piece of paper with a number scribbled on it.

     "Since when do you have friends there?" I asked curiously and she gave me a grin.

    "She's going on holiday with her kids too and the greatest news, the bungalow that we rented is just next to hers" my mother said happily. Adam rolled his eyes and gave my mom a pointed look.

    "No parental supervision, you said" he mumbled and my mother shrugged.

    "She's not your parent" she said sheepishly and my father chuckled. 

    "You don't have to worry about anything" my father said. "If you have any problem, you'll just have to go and see her" we nodded and watched as they stood up.

    "I guess that's all" my mother said with a sad smile. She always get emotional whenever they have to go to a long business trip. They hate to leave us alone.

     "We trust you guys" Dad said and walked to the door.

    "We know. We're going to take our responsibilities" Adam said and I know he really mean it. We always do. We do not want to break that trust and freedom that our parents gave us.

     "I'm going to miss you" my mother said and kissed us on our forehead. My father did the same and started walking to their car with their suitcases.