Chapter 27: Sensitive Subjects

I pushed myself away from Aiden so that I could take a few steps forward. I gave Stacy a little smile, making my brother take a deep breath.

     "I know that smile. Things are going down" he mumbled to my friends. Stacy's eyes drifted from mine to my brother's, trying to comprehend what he meant.

      "What do you want me to say, Stacy?" I asked, venom spreading in my words as I crossed my arms over my chest.

    "I want you to admit that you're a little slut who steals others man! You're a little whore! Aiden's mine!" She screeched, getting angrier as she kept on talking. Aiden scoffed at her words and took a step in my way. But I shook my head, not wanting him near me right now. I knew how I was when I was angry and right now, Stacy was making me furious.

     "Don't" Adam warned Aiden who stared at me curiously. I turned my attention to Stacy who continued talking when she realized that she got my attention.

     "You're just a fucking nerd! He is probably dating you because he pity you. But once he gets what he wants, he'll leave you" she ended. I rolled my eyes.

     "Like he left you?" I questioned while titling my head slightly to the left, trying to look innocent. By now, I knew that there was little crowd forming around us. I hated that attention that I was getting.

     "You little slut!" She sneered. This time, I dropped the innocent act. If I didn't stand up for myself now, I knew that she would take this occasion to crush me.

     "Stop!" I shouted. "Just shut the fuck up!" I snapped as I took a step forward, my fist craving to meet her face. "A slut is someone easy, someone who sleeps with different guys just for pleasure" I said. "And as far as I know, I'm still a virgin" I breathed. I then turned to look at all the jocks with a grin. "How many of you slept with the walking STD?" I asked and five out of Seven rose their hands. "Wow!" I chimed. "You really impressed me, Stacy" I said with a little smile. "Before calling someone else a slut, bitch, hoe and a whore, just look at yourself in a mirror " I ended, that little smile still adorning my face. Her jaw dropped open and she looks like she was about to explode. "It was nice to talk to you" I said before turning around and making my way to my friends.

     "Red!" I saw Aiden's alarmed face which quickly made me turned around and I saw Stacy lunging for my hair. I quickly pulled away and let my fist meet her face.

I freaking punched her!

      "Go Spears!" The jocks cheered. I stared at Stacy who was now on the ground, holding on her jaw with her hand and staring at me with wide eyes. Guilt slowly consumed me and I internally groaned. Reluctantly, I held my hand out and waited for her to take it.

     "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hit you. It came instinctively" I said monotonously but inside I was shouting. I didn't want to play the same game as she was. I was just bringing myself down to her level. She nodded and placed her hand in mine. I lifted her up and turned around so that I would go to my friends who were staring at me with pride.

    "Hey nerd" I heard Stacy called from behind. I groaned, not wanting to face her again. Slowly, I turned to look at her and only saw her fist coming to my face. I was soon in Aiden's arms who was glaring at Stacy. Her punch was really weak and I didn't feel anything. I knew that it was not meant to feel the pain. I noticed the little smile on her face as she extended her hand in front of me. "Now we're even" she said making me chuckle. I shook her hand and watched the look of disbelief on everyone's face.

      "The punch knocked some sense out of her" I heard Becca said, making everyone laugh.

     "I was just jealous" Stacy said in a low voice. "Thank you for sticking with me yesterday at the restaurant" she said and i nodded. With that, she walked away with her minions. I turned to look at my friends and shrugged when they stared at me with wide eyes.