Chapter 16: Amazing Parents

It was finally our birthday and my parents landed yesterday. We were going to the restaurant just the four of us, because my parents wanted to spend some time with only my brother and I. They were going to take the plane for Australia this night because they had to continue their business trip.

         My parents absolutely love Aiden. That son of a bitch acted like a nice and polite boy in front of my parents. I sighed as i stared my reflection in the mirror. I was currently standing in front of my mirror with only my towel wrapped around me. I was a bit lazy to look for a dress for the dinner. With a last deep sigh, I advanced to the wardrobe and slide my hand through the dresses, hoping that one beautiful dress would pop out. My door opened and Becca's head peeked through to stare at me. Her gaze hardened as she saw that I was still naked.

     "Do you realize that the dinner with your parents is in thirty minutes?" She snapped, making me groan slightly as I let my body fall on the bed.

    "Can you look for a dress for me?" I asked while doing my Bambi eyes. She always fall for that. She sighed while rolling her eyes and stepped in my room.

    "You act so much like a child" she huffed as she advanced to my closet. After shuffling a few minutes, she let a squeal of victory and did a little karate move in front of the closet. "Rebecca Vs Closet! Becca win!" She cheered. I laughed as I watched as she turned to me with a midnight blue cloth in her hand. She opened the cloth and I saw a white dress which was long. I smiled as how simple and beautiful it looked. I stood up and let the towel fall on the ground, making Becca whistled. I chuckled and I threw on the dress. The dress reached my ankle and I had to wear my black high heels so that the dress wouldn't reach the floor. 

    "You're the best!" I exclaimed as I turned to engulf her in a hug. She shrugged fixing her non existent collar in pride.

    "I am" she agreed. I chuckled at her at her cockiness and let her do my make up. "Happy Birthday again" she wished as she pecked my forehead before applying power on it.

**

   The dinner with my parents was over and we were in the car with them. My father was driving the car and my mother was wiping away a few tears. She got a little emotional, not believing that we were growing so fast. Adam chuckled next to me while patting my mother's shoulder slightly. My father rolled his eyes and gave us a quick glance through the rear view mirror.

    "Stop overreacting, Athena!" My father huffed as he drive to the bungalow. Their suitcases were already in the car as they had to catch their flight soon. Adam and i laughed in the backseat as my mother turned to glare at my dad.

    "How can you be so heartless? Our children are turning old and I can already see wrinkles on their faces!" Adam and I gasped at my mother's words and we instinctively reached for our faces.

   "Mom! We are still young" Adam exclaimed, making my parents chuckled.

   "Yeah, they're still our little chipmunks" my father joked, making a smile brightened on our faces. We were always that close with our parents.

   "Where are the gifts of your chipmunks?" Adam asked with a big exciting smile on his face. Gift?

    "Wasn't this trip your gift?" My father asked with rose eyebrows.

   "It was?" I questioned, siding Adam in his argument.

  "Yes, it was" my mother said, taking the side of my father.

   "You didn't buy us gifts?" My brother and i exclaimed in fake shock. We do not demand things to my parents but usually, we do that to annoy them.