Chapter 22: He's back!

Bored.

I was bored.

I was waiting for my friends by my locker but there was no one. Maybe they are all late. I sighed as I leant against my locker. I was staring at the necklace that Aiden gave me for my birthday. I was always wearing it. We spent a lot of time together when we went to the mall. The tapping of heels against the floor broke my thoughts. I rose my head to see Aiden walking down the hall with Stacy by his side.

"I'm so tired but I'm really excited for our date!" Stacy chirped just as they by passed me. They were going on a date? I told him that I was giving him time to think, not to date other girls. Maybe that's how he's trying to make sure about us. I smiled to show that i wasn't angry or anything. Aiden smiled back before walking to his locker with Stacy still clinging on him. His locker was near mine so I had to bear Stacy's annoying voice while waiting for my friends. Minutes later, I saw all my friends walking together in my direction. John, David, Becca, Hannah and Adam. They all had a secretive smile which made me take a step backward as they approached me. Aiden approached us, with Stacy still following him like a lost puppy. Aiden was now standing next to me, without looking at me. I was staring at my friends with rose eyebrows.

"What are you hiding?" I asked as I saw them blocking my sight so that I couldn't see who was behind them. The bell rang signalling us to get to class but we all stayed while other students went to class.

"Hey losers! The bell rang" Stacy's voice rang.

"Then go" Aiden snapped. "Go, Stacy" he said with a calm tone and Stacy gave him a bright smile before flicking us her middle finger and walked away.

"So what is it?" Aiden asked while standing by my side, both of us had our arms crossed on our chest.

"Surprise!" I heard someone shouted from behind my friends. That familiar voice! A smile spread on my face as I pushed my friends away to get to the person.

He's here!

"James!" I shouted happily as I ran to him. He wrapped his arms around me and spin him around. I giggled and tightened my arms around him. "I missed you!" I cried and he put me down in the floor. He wiped my tears and pulled me by his side.

"I missed you too munchkin!" He said and kissed my forehead. "Yoh man!" He finally greeted Aiden who was glaring at James arm which was around me. He didn't say a word and simply stormed away. "Did I say something wrong?" He inquired with wide eyes.

Aiden was jealous.

Of course he would be. How would I feel if his ex came back? But James was my best friend before we started dating and it's still the case. Plus, he has a girlfriend too. But Aiden doesn't know all that.

"He's jealous!" John laughed. James turned to look at me and gave me a smirk.

"After a bad boy?" He asked teasingly but I shook my head.

"It's complicated" I mumbled. He scoffed and flicked my forehead.

"You were always one to complicate things" he said playfully making me gasp.

"I'm not! I just told him to take all his time and decide well about us" I mumbled. All my friends shook their heads making me huff.

"Munchkin, when he's that jealous, consider that he already took his decision" James said as if it was obvious. I took a deep breath and shrugged. I didn't want to talk about that right now. I mean, he just came back! I stared at the front door where Aiden just walked away. "Go" I heard James said with a smile.