Chapter 3

I opened my eyes and looked up at the celling. I got up and changed into joggingpants and a matching sweater with the schoolname on them. I put my hair into a high ponytail and went to the kitchen.

It was still pretty early in the morning 6 a.m so I was the first one awake. I made breakfast and I prepared the table. Breakfast is prepared and ready to be eaten. Just put the dishes into the sink and I will clean them when I get back. See ya later!!

~Mae \(n-n)/

I placed the note on the table and I went out after putting my shoes on.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Wow breakfast looks amazing! But where is Mae-san?" Tanaka said looking at the food laid on the table.

"Guys here is a note which said she went for a out." Sugawara said showing them the note.

"WHAT MAE-CHAN WENT OUT WITHOUT US?!?" Nishinoya said tearing up and so did Tanaka.

"Guys she will be fine. We may be able to catch up on her. The food is still warm so hurry up and eat." Daichi said. They obeyed and did the dishes for her. They changed and went to jog the hills up and down.

About 30 minutes later they spotted a certain ravenette talking to a boy with a red jumps suit and pudding coloured like hair.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
(Mae's POV)

Wow it really feels good to jog in the morning. The air is fresh and chill.

About 40 min. I sat went to sit on some stairs for a break. I got my water bottle out which I brought with me and drank the still cold liquid.

*gulp*

*gulp*

*sight*

I placed it next to me and undid my ponytail and held the hairtie in my mouth. I brushed my hair back when a boy sat beside me.(about 1meter away)

He had blond hair which's roots were black and he had a red jumpsuit on. He took off his backpack and got out a PSP. I glanced at his back and saw something written on it. Propably the schoolname. He looks about my age or a bit older. Ne-Nekoma?...Ahh Nekoma! The school we are playing against in three days.

He played a game and I looked over to what it was. It was a game with a dragon and man...eh? I looked at his bag and saw volleyball shoes!

"E-excuse me."

"Mmh?"

"Aren't those volleyball shoes?"

"Yes."

"Then you must be playing volleyball, don't you?"

"Yes."

"What position are you in?"

"I'm the setter."

...

"You sure aren't talk active."

"But you are."

"I know. By the way."

I stood up and held my hand infront of him.

"My name is Mae and your's?"

"Kenma."

"Nice to meet you Kenma-kun! So how are you as a setter? My brother is one too and he is really good. Do you think you could beat him in a match? Setter vs. Setter! How would that be?"

"..."

"MAE-CHAN/SAN~!!" I turned around and saw Tanaka and Nishinoya run towards me with the volleyball team slowly jog behind them.

They flung themselves at me and wrapped me into a firm hug. They rubbed their cheeks onto mine and my face turned into deep shades of red. My mouth slightly open and onii-san got a vein popping out.

"Senpais, please get off Mae!!" He growled.

They stared at him then slowly released me from their hug. Their eyes narrowing him.

Then another boy with the same outfit as Kenma came to him.

"Kenma there you are. Come let's go the others are waiting."

"Okay...Bye Mae-san." He then got up and followed the boy.

"Bye Kenma-kun! See ya!" I said waving and smilling like a dork.

"Who was that?!?", almost everyone asked and I bent a bit back.

"Oh uh just someone I met durring my little break." They nodded and we all continued jogging.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

The boys went to practice again and I excused myself to check on some paper work. I sat down on a table and opened the file.

'Karasuno's Volleyball teams'

I opened the page of the fellow members.

Boys

Boys

Boys

I know what you think. Sure it is the boys team but I heard that there were also some girls in the team.

"Ah there!" I read the files and a smile formed on my lips. I got up and went over to sports hall were the boys were.

"Daichi-senpai! Can I talk to you for a moment?" I asked him and he replied"Yes of course, Mae-san. What's the matter?"

"Well I was thinking...I thought that..maybe...I.*sight* Can I have your permition to join the volleyball team?"

He looked at me as if I had just grown another arm and the others did too.

I blushed at all the attention and spoke again,"Naomi Saiken. Akane Suboshi and Yuki Durano. Those girls were former members of the boy's volleyball team. So it wouldn't be a problem beeing a girl, right senpai? And besides, I don't like playing sports with girls. Not that I don't like them, but I just like playing with boys more, they are more fun."

"Well, yeah, sure you can join." He said and my eyes sparkled. I hugged him and spun us around.

"What position do you want to play in exactly?" He asked blushing a bit at the event that just happened.

"Well I haven't told you all but in my middle school in the US I used played in the boys volleyball team because there was no girls team. And I was a wingspiker to be exactly. M-My serves aren't bad I guess."

"Whoa, Mae-chan that is good to hear. Can you give us a little taste of what you got." Coach Ukai said.

I blushed and nodded.

I stood on the court and I inhaled and exhaled. I passed onii-san the ball and he tossed it. I jumped and spiked with ease next to the outer lines.

I looked over to the coach and his eyes were wide and his mouth was too.

"Whoa! Nice kill Mae-chan/san~" Nishinioya, Tanaka and Hinata said in unsion. I smiled cheekly and went over to serve.

I threw the ball into the air and jumped. I hit it to the otherside and it landed on the ground with a loud and sharp 'thud'.

I looked back at Coach Ukai and he smiled. He signaled me to come over and I did.

"That was amazing Mae!" He said"We can take great advantage of those serves and spikes."

I giggled and bowed signing a thank you.

After that we had a little match and I was in a team with Sugawara, Asahi, Nishinoya, Daichi and Yamaguchi.

We did about 2 sets and we won!

Ukai's POV

Wow I never have thought that Mae could play like that! From what I have seen so far her abilities are above those of her brother. Even though she just started I have high expectations for her.