Chapter 22

"I'll be heading out then" I said as I took off my volleyball shoes.

"Right. Good job."

"Good job."

I went out and went to the Gymnasium #2 were I was going to train.

I sat down on the step to change shoes when a deep voice spoke.

"Oh, Mae, you're finally here." Said Asahi and I nodded.

"Hai. Sorry that I'm late.

Anyway, today you are going to serve and I will try to recieve them, right?"

"Yes-"

"And I will toss to you and you will spike." Another voice said and we both looked at where it came from. There stood Noya with a slight blush and grin at the entrance.

"S-Sure." I said feeling my cheeks heating up a bit.

Third person's POV

Asahi just softly smiled at the two shorties.

"Alright. Let's get this over with." He said grabbing the ballwagon(?) and went over to the other side of the court, the other two getting in position on the other side.

"Nice serve, Asahi-san!" Noya said and the said man jump served(is that a word).

It was a bit sort, so the bluenette made a flying recieve(?)and the ball flew to the libero. He jumped and tossed the ball.

Mae jumped but when she was about to hit the ball but...

"Agh!!" She grunted as the ball roughly made contact with her face.

"Mae! Are you okay?" Asahi ran to her all worried about her.

"MAE! I AM AO SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO DO THAT!" Noya shouted while bowing repeatedly.

"D-Don't mind Yuu." She said trying to smile trough the pain.

Ouch. She thought but smiled so the second-year doesn't worry any longer and this made him blush at her smile.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
(1h later)

"Nice serve!" Mae said and the third-year made another jump serve and this one actually flew over the net.

They made a lot of reps but not every serve went over, not every recieve was good and not every toss was in the right position. But now the serve was perfect.

Mae's POV

Asahi just served another ball which flew a bit to my right and just by looking at the ball you could see it was curving to the right, but how the hell should I get it?

Oh no, it's comming.

What to do?!

3...

2...

1...

I KNOW.

I bent down, took a big step to the right and extended my arm. Inhaled and...

"Rolling...THUNDAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

It flew perfectly to Noya who, even thought he was still shocked from the previous move, jumped and tossed it to where I was now in mid-air.

"Take. THAT!" I shouted as I spiked the ball with all my force to the floor

"Yeeeaaaaah!" The three of us cheered. I ran to Noya and wrapped my arms around his neck and the both of us twirled once.