Chapter 17

"Mae-chan looks really tired." Hinata said as he sat next to the volleyball team on a bench. They were practicing on the open field of the school and when they decided to take a break, they spotted their manager on a bench and table with a lot of paper work infront of her.

"Yeah, she sure does look worn out." Sugawara agreed.

She indeed looked tired. She had eyebags, dark circles and her shining eyes were dull and full of tiredness. Her hair was also a bit 'untamed'.

"Of course she looks tired. She had been sitting on those papers for three days now. She barely has any sleep. I once woke up in the night to get a glas of water and I saw a light in her room. I pecked in and saw her working on them, trying not to fall asleep."

"Poor Mae-chan." Hinata said feeling a bit bad for her.

"She needs sleep guys." Daichi said/demanded/stated and everyone looked at him.

Just then the female packed her things and stood up. Then the volleyball club decided to go up to her.

"Mae."

She turned around and looked them dead in the eyes but she tried to smile even with the lack of energy.

"Hey guys. What's up?"

"Mae, you need to sleep."

"But I am fully okay-" she then collapsed. Her bag and books fell down, but befor she could a cerntain second-year catched her.

"Mae(-chan)!!" They shouted scared.

"She just fell asleep." Noya said as he decided to hold her bridal style"I will carry her to the infirmary."

He went off and left the club dumbfounded behind.

"Nishinoya-san is beeing different?" Hinata stated confused.

"O-sama." Tsukishima called Kageyama and he looked at the tall blonde.

"Don't call me that!"

"Are you ready to have a brother-in-law?" He teased.

Kageyama looked confused for a moment,

.
.
.
.

but then realization slapped him and he grunted as he fell to the floor. He was now on all fours and his head was down with a gloomy aura around him.

"He isn't..." Asahi said sweatdropping.

"Ne, Kageyama. You won't be getting one too soon. You and Mae-chan are still first-years. So there is nothing to worry about."

"I-I-I know. B-but I don't want my little sister to find a man so soon or ever!" He sobbed and the others froze. They have never seen Kageyama so emotional.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Mae's POV

I opened my eyes as I slowly sat up from what I suppose a bed.

Why am I in one and where am I?

I had to blink a couple of times befor my view cleared. I looked around and I knew I was in the infirmary.

I decided to get up and put my shoes on. I went over to one of the school nurses and asked her why I was here and who brought me.

"Oh, the young man who brought you here said that you had been lacking sleep the past few days. Is that true?"

"Yes."

"He then said you collapsed during lunch break."

"You said a young man? Did he mention his name?"

"Unfortunatly not. But he was about your height, maybe a bit taller and he had dark brown spikey hair and a strand of it in the middle was bleached, I guess." She explained and I knew who she meant.

"Arigato." I said bowing my head and I headed out. Just as I was about to go back to class the bell rung and school was over.

I went to the field of the school were the boys are usually practicing now with five volleyballs which the guys brought from home. I went up to Nishinoya and thanked him for bringing me to the infirmary.

"No problem Mae!" He smiled at me with a blush and I smiled back.

"Oh, mina-san! I forgot to tell you all something."

Then everybody gathered around me curious about my news.

"I called the principal from the Karasuno's middle school and told him about the incident which happened here. I asked if we could use their gym and he agreed to it.
But only for three days, because they have been invited to a practice match in another region and won't be using it."

"AMAZING MAE(-CHAN)!!!!" They shouted in amazment.

"Arigato Mae-chan!" Sugawara thanked and I nodded.

"No problem. Really, after all...I am your manager*wink*"

Then they all 'fainted'.

"Let's go then." I said and we headed over to the middle school which was only like two bus stops away.

We went in and trained.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

After practice

"Yachi-saaan!" I heard Hinata shouted. The poor girl flinched and hid behind me.

"Yachi-san, are you gonna be our manager?"

"Uh, um..."

"You will, right?"

"Hey, first-year girl, hey!" I heard on my left and saw Tanaka and Nishinoya standing there.

"We hope that you will join the Karasuno High School volleyball team." Noya said grinning.

"Eh?" Yachi flinched again.

"When you're around, Mae talks different. She talks with a girl and we like that way she does that."

Eh? Talks in a different way? How the?

Then Daichi came from behind them and chopped their heads..(not really you know what I mean)

"What kind of invation is that, you idiots?!"

"Sorry these guys are so stupid." Sugawara apologized.

"No, not at all!" Yacji said shacking her head." Um... I'm flattered. I've never tried to do something on my own, or had someone need me for anything... Even in drama club, I've only been an extra. Like Townperson B or a tree."

Tree?

"So when Kageyama-chan tried to recruit a Townperson B, like me, who had no experience or knowlege of volleyball, I was really happy. But I'm sure I'm not much-" Yachi said and I blushed a bit, hearing what an impact I did to her(not physically, you know?)

"I totally know how you feel." Tanaka interrupted. "Even if Mae said, "I'm going to steal money from you, so follow me." I'd still follow her."

I sweatdropped. Why would I even say such thing...?

"Wait! That reminded me of something." Hinata they got out his phone and showed us a text.

'From: Kozume Kenma
Subject:None

We made it through the first round. This week is round two of prelims.'

"Oh, Shouyou, you got that text too?" I asked and got my phone out and showed them the text message.

"Damn! Nekoma's so awesome!" Noya shouted.

"I'm getting fired up!" They then began shouting.

Haha. Yeah sure, Neoma is awesome...but you guys are too(n-n)