Chapter 27

"So, with the perfectural qualifier in October, we'll only be able to go Kanto two more times, including this trip. Let's make the best of this chance." Takeda-sensei said to us as we stood infront of the school gate of Nekoma high.

"Right!"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Hey." Tobio and Hinata said as they entered the gym. I slowly trailed behind with some notebooks and the bag with our drinks.

"Good morning!" I beamed with a smile. I received a lot of blushing faces but turned to only one of them.

I gently dropped everything and ran towards him with open arms.

"KENMAAAAA-KUUUUUUN~!"

"Hello, Mae-chan."

"It's been a long time since we saw each other in person, hasn't it?" I asked my arms still wrapped around his neck.

"Yeah. But we see each other alot so it's fine." He said in a monotone but a small smile on his lips. I felt an icy stare on the both of us and I turned around and saw a glaring Nishinoya.

(Third person's POV)

The slightly jealous libero stared at the two hugging players from the entrance of the gym.

"Mae and Kenma are seeing each other? They said they see each other alot." He asked his 'bald' friend who was just about to enter the gym.

"Who? Mae and Nekoma's setter? Yeah, Mae once talked about her and him beeing gaming buddies." Tanaka said which made Nishinoya's heart ache a bit.

(‡▼益▼)They are gaming buddies..? Others are trying to get her away from me.

"Are you jealous?"

"Yeah."

"Then try this................understood? Now go."

"A-Are you sure that will work on her?"

"Yeah, now go."

"Okay. Okay." He then started to blush a bit as he approached his team's manager.

"Mae."

"Huh? Ah, Yuu-kun. Is there something?" She smiled at the approaching young man. He then busted out his friend's pick-up line.

"Mae! Y-You are like an angel with no wings."

The female's eyes widden and she sweatdropped.

"Um..so like a person?"

.
.
.

"N-no, what I meant is-" he started but soon was interrupted by his silver-haired senpai.

"Mae-chan, Nishinoya wanted to say that you look as beautiful as an angel but you have no wings like one." He smiled sweatdropping.

"Ooohh! That is what that means. Now I understand what the boys were saying to me in the other classes."

E-eeeh! The other classes?!

"It's not a pick-up line anymore when somebody explains it...but it's okay I guess." Nishinoya said and turned away, sighting at his failed attempt.

"Y-Yuu-kun!"

"?" He quickly turned around and faced the female.

"I-If you were a vegetable you would be a cutecumber!" She said subconciously. His eyes widden and his face and ears turned red.
So do her's when she realized what she just said. She covered her now blushing face in embarassment and excused herself.