Chapter 11

At school one day later

The bell to lunch break rang. I got out my bento and was about to eat when I heard some people from my class talk about the game yesterday.

"Did you see the game yesterday?"

"Yes, do you mean Karasuno vs. Aoba Johsai?"

"Yeah, that one. They did a great job, but they still lost."

"Mmhmmh, if the #7 from our school just got the ball they might have won."

I cluched my chest at the thought of it, holding back tears.

I stood up and went to class 1-4.

"huh?" A guy asked as I entered the class in a hurrying manner. I ignored it and went over to Tsukishima and Yamaguchi. They looked at me and Tsukishima took off his headphones.

"Hey Mae, what's u-" Yamaguchi started but I cut him off.

"Gomen! Gomen about yesterday!" I said and went off leaving the boys dumbfounded and the other classmates staring at me.

I ran to Tobio and Hinata's class and did the same.

I did the same thing for the rest of the break till there were only two left.

"Excuse me." I said trying to get a second-year's attention. He turned around and 'huh'ed.

"Do you know where Nishinoya and Tanaka are?" I asked and he looked at me confused.

"They are over this room." He said pointing to a room and I thanked him.

"Wait. But what does a first-year want with those two?" He asked still confused about me looking for them.

"It's a personal matter." I answered and he nodded.

I went into the room and all eyes went on my. I tried to ignore it and went to the two boys I was looking for.

"Hey, Mae-chan. What brought you here?" Tanaka asked. Standing up next to Nishinoya who was already standing. Boys, their classmates I suppose, were also there but I didn't mind.

"Gomen!" They backed away at my suddent shout.

"About what?" Tanaka asked and I felt the tears well up again.

"About yesterday... Gomen!"

"Don't mind. It wasn't your fau-"

"No!" And that gave me all the attention in class. I bowed and the two volleyball playes looked confused and shocked.

Tears began falling to the floor from my eyes at every word I said.

"Gomen...We lost... We lost because of me....I am so sorry... If I could *sniff* have just *sniff*save the *sniff**sniff* baaaaall!" I cried out breaking down on the floor.

"It was my fault!!"

Third person's POV

Tanaka was freaking out and so did his friends around him. He didn't know what to do and was speechless.

He never saw the small first-year who was always cheery and happy break down all of a sudden.

He really didn't know what to do, but Nishinoya on the other hand remained calm.

He slowly went over to the female and wrapped his short yet muscular arms around her small slendern body, gently pressing her body against his.

"Sh,sh,sh...don't cry Mae, it wasn't your fault."he shushed in an attempt to calm shaking the girl. Tanaka's eyes widen for a split second as Noya didn't use the usual honorific at her name.

Noya is serious...

Her breathing slowed down and the crying stopped. The students around them stared in disbelief, shock and suprise.

His friend Tanaka on the other hand smiled softly at the scene infront of him.

They stayed in this position for quite some time and he gently pushed himself a bit off of her.

"Everything fine now?" He asked in a caring and soft voice which no one has ever heard from the short libero befor.

She nodded and slowly got up.
She wiped away the remaining tears from her cheeks and smiled brightly at him.

"Arigato..." she blushed and bowed her head slightly which made Noya a bit concerned. He stood up and started,

"Mae-chan do you still need anything-"

*smoch~♡*

She quickly ran away after peeking the male's cheek. He froze and slowly lifted his hand to touch the spot where she had placed the kiss. His face flushed red and he went over to his seat.

"Oi, Nishinoya! You really caught yourself a girl?!" The others teased him but he ignored it.

His head plopped onto the desk rather harsh and Tanaka went over to him panicking.

"Oi! Noya! Wake up!! Wow, thanks Mae-chan, you broke him!" He exclaimed shaking his friend whose face was still red.

She just kissed me...

Mae's POV

Omg what did I just do? I kissed Nishinoya-senpai! Have I fallen for him?!

I held the side of my head remembering the event that happened in the classroom of his'. Images of him flashed through my head.

His eyes.

His hair.

His smile.

His face.

His caring and loving actions.

His cuteness.

His hyperactivity.

He.

I blushed and shook my head.

I-I did fall for him!