Quaxo and Arabella

I woke that morning to the sounds of a loud crash. My black fur puffed up instantly, but was calmed by my brother's immediate presence. "It's okay Arabella, it is just those troublesome twins Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer." He slightly cooed into my ear. I rolled my eyes as my fur settled back down to its original state, "It's always them Quaxo. They always wake someone with a crash, smash, ping, or ming." He nodded and curled back up into a tight little black ball next to me. As I combed my whiskers, I realized what tonight was. Tonight was the Jellicle Ball. I stretched out my front limbs slowly with my sharp claws extended. I would have to rest up for the ball, after all, it would go all night and I would have to look out for any suspicious toms trying to get my attention. I favored the Sentinel, Munkustrap, but despised his ornery brother Rum Tum Tugger. Careful to not wake up my now asleep brother, I crept out of the hallway to practice a caper or two. It was then inside my human's home that I found the source of the crash. Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer were both inside what the humans called a "living room" searching for treasures of some sort of value. I let out a low growl which sent them through the roof, metaphorically. They still couldn't see me as I was in a darker part of the hallway so Mungojerrie instinctively went in front of his sister. "Who's there? This is our treasure not yours Gov'ner." He growled slightly.

I smirked as I made myself known to the twins, "I beg to differ Jerrie." His eyes slightly widened with what I believed to be joy, "Arabella! I didn't know that this was your human's home! I had just seen that the area window was ajar so I just HAD to come in." I rolled my eyes as I made my way over to the twosome, "Of course you did Jerrie. Now run along before you wake up my brother." Rumple cocked her head, "But your brother sleeps like a rock! He couldn't of possible heard..." It was then that the shadowy figure of my brother appeared in front of the two tabbies. He let out a deep growl that chilled the twins to the bone, "So you two were the reason I was woken up so early." As he spoke, I saw tiny red particles appear at his paws. His magic was starting to appear! Mungojerrie gulped, "W-We didn't mean anything by it Mistoffelees, I swear by the Heavyside Layer!" Quaxo sneered and pointed one glowing paw towards the, now broken, window. "Leave." It only took a mere split second for the two tabby twins to burst out of the room and through the window. I shook my head, "You didn't have to do that Mistoffelees." He gave a sly smile, "I know, but I wanted to see if how scared they were. And how many times have I told you to not call me Mistoffelees Arabella? Your my sister, you're allowed to call me by my first name." I smiled as I rubbed my head on his shoulder, "Several times brother. Several times."