Her

Once Tugger finished his last line, I saw a slightly scrawny cat creep out of the back corner of the yard. Her coat was of a light grey color and was matted and torn from neglect. She walked with a slight limp and had a mournful look on her face. Once she had reached the middle of the yard were we all were, I saw a couple Jellicles shrink back in disgust of the ragged Queen. Quaxo reached out for my arm but I stayed put, this was something that I wanted to see. Jemima reached out towards the Queen, but was intercepted by Skimble and he hissed in her ear shunning the kitten. Munkustrap stood defiantly in front of her while Cassandra and I lurked behind him. It was then, with a sad and angry tone, the Queen began to sing.

The Queen: Remark the cat, who hesitates towards you. In the light of the dawn which opens on her like a grin.

She then turns to Etcetera and Victoria who are creeping towards her with Jellylorum cautiously sticking close to the two young kittens.

The Queen: You see the border of her coat is torn, and stained with sand.

She reached out to Victoria, but her paw was slapped away by Jellylorum and hustled the two kittens far away from the older Queen. I too, crept towards the Queen but Munkustrap blocked me from going any further. The look on his face told me that we were going to have a discussion later.

The Queen: And you see the corner of her eye twists, like a crooked pin.

Demeter then appeared behind the Queen and it looked like she knew her from a long time ago. Bomba hesitated to let Demeter go, but seemed to realize what she was getting at.

Demeter: She haunted many a low resort. Near the grimy road of Togmen Court, she flitted about the No Man's Land. From the rising sun to the friend at hand. And the postman sighed as he scratched his head, you really had thought she'd ought to be dead. And who'd had ever supposed that that... Was Grizabella the Glamour Cat.

Bombalurina: Grizabella the Glamour Cat.

Bombalurina and Demeter: Grizabella the Glamour Cat.

It was then that the rest of the Jellicles joined in with Bomba and Demeter while slowly and methodically inching towards Grizabella as she couched down in shame. I felt bad for her and wondered what made her leave the tribe in the first place. Now, she was an outcast and exiled from the tribe unless one of the young would accept her. As we sang the last line, she bolted from the yard and out of my sight.

All: Who'd had ever supposed that that... Was Grizabella the Glamour Cat.