The Jellicle Ball Part 3

It didn't surprise me that this moment of pure peace wasn't going to last very long. A sudden sound interrupted the peaceful melody that had just died down. Tantomile and Coricopat were the first to wake up address this sound. Quaxo followed afterward and tested with his paws levitating above the ground only just, attempting to find the source of the sound. Skimble appeared from the middle of the pile and sniffed violently with his nose five or six times. Then, the Jellicle piano picked up the beat with the trumpet as the rest of us awoke from our slumber. It wasn't until Quaxo pointed it out that I realized that Grizabella was watching us from atop the clock tower southeast portion of the yard. In an attempt to scare the older queen off, Quaxo then used some of his magic to turn the previously dimmed lights back on full blast. Alonzo also jumped onto one of the tires and hissed at Grizabella, effectively scaring the poor exiled queen away. I smirked slightly as I ran to a position in the upcoming dance behind Victoria and Rumpleteazer while also being to the right of Corciopat. It started off as most of the Jellicles crouched down low and raising their backs up and down to the rhythm of the song while some, including Corciopat and Quaxo, shook their heads wildly and then proceeding to shake their bums to the same rhythm. After a while, I joined the group that included Quaxo and Corciopat with the same movements as them along with Tugger, Cassandra, Plato, and others. Then, the group that I had left for a minute or two did the same movements as we were doing only as a slower variation.

When the sounds of a rocking bass flittered through the yard, we all did the same movements together except springing into a releve with our arms outstretched every once in a while. Together as one Jellicle, we all then turned around and shook our hips as we ran forward with paws outstretched to scare away Grizabella for good. I spun around and kicked my right leg into the air with the opposite paw out to balance myself. Right after my right leg came down, my left leg and right paw went up into the same position. Jumping and spinning around in a tight circle, I then kicked out my right leg once more but stopping halfway and then kicking full out again. I skittered to the right corner of the yard and clawed at the darkness whilst then turning around once more while kicking my right leg into the air again and skipping forwards on my left. Suddenly, the tone of the song changed darker as the lights did to match the tune. I lifted both paws into the air fiercely and spun around to face a group that matched the same shape as the one I was leading that included Deme, Teazer, Skimble, Pounce, Bomba, and Tantomile. Both of the groups hissed at one another and ran through windows while leaping into the air. Munkus, Tugger, and Cassandra then cut into the center of the yard whilst leaping into the air several times. The rest of the Jellicles cleared the center of the yard once the tune changed to a more lighthearted version with the oboe and clarinet leading the solo. And in this dance solo was, not to my surprise, was Munkus, Corciopat, Admetus, Plato, and Alonzo. They kicked their right legs out in unison while crouching down to put more weight on that same leg before spinning in a tight circle. They clawed at the air behind them to their right before kicking that same leg into the air and crouching down to ultimately do the same movement on the opposite leg. Out of the corner of my eye, I then saw Tugger talking to Old Deuteronomy and gesturing to the yard filled with dancing Jellicles. The quintet of toms then made way for Vic, Teazer, Etcetera, Jemima, and I as we skipped into the center of the yard.

With a flash of lightning, the rest of the Jellicles joined us as we raked our right paw up our left arm before leaping into the air, kicking our left leg high into the sky. I could tell that Teazer was enjoying her time in the spotlight as she was one of the lead soloists for this part of the dance. We then spun in a circle and kicked our right leg in front of us and leaped into the air for a short period of time. We all then turned around and scampered to a position in the center of the yard as Tugger lead Jerrie, Alonzo, and Admetus into the center while doing a dance solo of their own. The sound of an electric guitar blasted through the yard as Tugger did his lead part in the dance. The sound went quiet for a moment, but then increasing in volume as we all crouched to the ground and shook our knees and arms left and right at a lightning-fast speed. We all then leaned backward and yowled with our paws outstretched to the sky as some of the Jellicles broke off to allow for Tugger to lead another part of the dance. I was sandwiched in between Tugger and Teazer kicked both legs out in a bicycle motion and kicked one leg around us to turn around. We then leaped into the air with one leg kicked out as the guitar exited the main sound of the band. The Jellicle trumpet sent us flying through the roof, as the humans would call it as we clawed at the darkness several times while pausing in between movements to either spin around in a tight circle or to kick one leg into the air for a split moment. This pattern carried on for a while before all of us gathered for a moment at the foot of Deuteronomy's tire. I could sense the music was slowing down as we all sprinted to a spot in the front center of the yard in a position similar to that of a starfish. I ended up in front of Cassandra and Bomba while being between Quaxo and Teazer as we crouched down and clawed as if we were marking a chair with our claws. We then lifted ourselves back into a full standing position by kicking our right leg into a releve and then the same with our left leg a moment afterward. We then turned around as we crouched again as we clawed up and down arching our backs to the slower rhythm of the song. I then stood up, leaned backward to my left, and dragged my left leg behind me as I waltzed down to the other side of the yard. Dropping to the ground, I then flicked my right leg and left paw to one side and then pressed my right paw to the other side in alternating motions. I turned around and leaned backward while letting out a hiss and showing off my pearly whites as I balanced on my right leg and kicked my left behind me like a human ballerina. I turned to face the darkness of the yard behind me several times with teeth bared whilst performing a move called an "attitude". I then repeated the previous actions but this time, adding a spin at the end. This was also repeated again by the rest of the Jellicles as we then faced forward and swayed our hips to the accelerating rhythm. I lifted my right leg into the air as I swayed my hips once again. Then, as the music began to accelerando into a fast-paced rhythm I clawed at the darkness while stepping backward. I followed the exact movements of those around me and placed my hands up to my sides like I was regaining my balance only to rush forward and back again. With my paws raised high to the sky, I turned to look over my shoulder twice and then ultimately leaping to the ground and sliding into the center of the yard.

I smiled at my great performance only to have Teazer piledrive into me. I rolled my eyes and pushed Teazer off me with a playful smirk plastered on my face. I looked over my shoulder to see Admetus with a concerned look in his eye not for me, but for Teazer. I gestured to the tiger queen and he blushed pure red. I then mouthed to him, "Go get her" and he caught my drift. He slunk over to Teazer repeatedly asking if she was okay. Teazer shrugged while smiling basically saying that she was fine and that was sweet of him to be concerned about her. Once I heard Deuteronomy summon us, I saw Teazer take Admetus' arm as they went over to the tire. It was then that I smirked to myself, I had just successfully played matchmaker to two Jellicle opposites!

~~~~

A/N: So I FINALLY finished the Jellicle Ball scene! That was so tedious since I was watching clips of the movie itself and pausing every ten seconds to write about four sentences about that dance sequence, and I ain't no dancer originally so that was kinda difficult to describe. But anyways, thanks for supporting this book and I will see you guys in the next chapter!