Arriving At The Yard

Quaxo and I left our human's home when the sun started to descend into the horizon. The humans, a young couple with a young kit, were out on a night out "on the town" so they didn't know we left so late. As we made our way on the edges of the fences surrounding the neighborhood, I couldn't help but think about some of my old friends that would be there. Some of them being Victoria, a younger white Queen who was gifted at the art of dancing same as Quaxo and I, Demeter, a black and gold tabby Queen who I made friends with two years ago, and Alonzo, a black and white Tom whom my brother wants me to be mates with even though he is more of a younger brother to me. It wasn't too long after I remembered the events of last year's Jellicle Ball...

Flashback:

I sat next to Old Deuteronomy on the tire as he contemplates his Jellicle choice for the dawning hour. I was sent to consult with him since I was too a magical cat. "I don't know who to choose Arabella, I'm stuck between two and both of them are worthy enough to be taken to the Heavyside Layer." He sighed as he positioned himself several times in an attempt to make himself more comfortable, which was hard in his older and more decrepit state. I gave a small smile, "I know that whoever you choose Deuteronomy will be extremely thankful and the other will still be happy. Who are the two you are deciding on?" He paused for a moment and answered, "I am going to choose Victor... Yes, I'll choose Victor." I cocked an eyebrow at the old Jellicle leader, "Who was the second cat?" He shook his head, "I wouldn't of chosen her anyways. She is long gone from here." I nodded and as I stood up to leave Deuteronomy to his thoughts I heard him say, "Her name was Grizzabella."

End of Flashback

I brushed past Quaxo as we sat together on the top of the old and discharged stove top that helped create the border of the Jellicle Yard. The sun had set by now, and hopefully the ball would start soon with our arrival. Once my brother and I were both comfortably sat together on the stove top with fur pressed next to each other, I saw Sillabub appear from one of the pipes. A car's headlights suddenly illuminated the yard, sending Sillabub into a defensive stance. She hissed softly at the appearance of the unnatural light and ran back into the pipe. It was then that I heard the beginning of a piano solo that echoed throughout the yard. (The Overture) Quaxo's ears twitched with a certain excitement. The Jellicle Ball had began. Once the music picked up tempo, I found my pitch black tail moving to the music. It would slow and the increase in movement, alternating in this same pattern. Using some of his magic, my brother moved some of the lights higher into the air and turned them on one by one. When I could feel the song was coming to a close, I saw the newest love of my life pounce out of the darkness.