The Jellicle Ball Part 2

***It is best to know the Jellicle Ball dance scene from the Cats film, as I will attempt to describe it all, but will probably fail during some parts***

We stayed still for a brief moment, only to swerve to the other leg in the lunge formation. I lifted my right leg and spun on the ball of my foot as the rest followed suit. I brought my foot that was balanced in the air down and reached my left hand to the sky, almost in an attempt to grasp the moon with my paw. Once we all faced the same way as the beginning, our arms circled backwards in a backstroke motion as we lifted a foot with every slow and meticulous spin. The air got eerily quiet and thin for a minute or two then afterwards. I dropped to the ground in fright once all of the light went out, but I calmed down mostly when I saw it was only Old Deuteronomy who did so. I felt the beat pick up as stood squatted with our right arms circling around in front of us. Victoria then stood up with a paw stretched to the sky with Bomba, Deme, Etcetera, and Teazer directly afterwards. Tantomile and Corciopat did so as well, but only after the five queens had gone back to their previous position. The Jellicle flute made it's way into the orchestra as Etcetera, Teazer, Vic, Deme, Bomba, and I did the motion one would do to hug one's self with alternating arms before skittering over to the front left part of the yard. Once we reached this point, we clawed at the darkness while the rest of the Jellicles did a variation of such but in different parts of the yard. The Jellicle trumpet blew a series of staccato notes that we looked in different directions with every blow. After a series of blasts, we would move around for a second or two while doing the same movements with different partners. The piano gained volume and we all compiled ourselves into a block similar to that of The Naming Of Cats but only, this time, staring at a faint glow of a light that moved in a horizon like fashion. Hissing out of frustration of losing the light, I disbanded from the group placing myself right next to Quaxo as we "hopped" on one leg while flailed our arms in the same direction as the leg went. Kicking my right foot forwards and into the air, I skipped over to the right side of the yard but stopping midway to lean on that same leg and pirouette my left leg into the air running to the other side of the yard. Quaxo then disbanded from the group doing his own type of dance solo as I skittered to the opposite side of the yard once more with Bomba and settled down slightly onto one of the tires. I smirked, "Watch out for Tugger during the Mating Dances tonight Bomba. He has that look in his eyes." She shrugged while having a smile creep up on her, "Perhaps he'll need to watch out for me." 

It was then that Alonzo and Pouncival joined Quaxo in his little dance routine with the black and white tom "spicing up" the Jellicle band in volume and intensity as he waved his hands in the air almost like he was directing them. Bomba and I shrunk back slightly as Alonzo waltzed up to us, almost begging for a dance with one of us. Bomba hissed at the tom and pawed at him flirtatiously which gave Alonzo a clear rejection for both of us. He shrugged and carried on dancing with Quaxo and Pouncival as Tumblebrutus leaped from the corner of the yard towards the trio of toms. The three shook their hips at Tumble challengingly and the brown and white tom answered it sloppily. The sounds of a harpsichord rattled the yard as Cassandra cartwheeled herself over towards the toms. Alonzo reached out a paw towards the slightly older queen, which she accepted and danced with him for a total of ten seconds. The time was so short for Alonzo since Bomba and I "interrupted" the four toms' dance with a more jazzy variation of it while we swayed our hips together. I heard several catcalls as Cassandra, Etcetera, Deme, and Tantomile joined us. The Jellicle clarinet blasted through the previous instruments doing its own solo as we continued our slightly suggestive dance. It wasn't too long afterwards that Corciopat, Admetus, Tugger, Plato, Alonzo, and Munkustrap joined the dance with their hips swaying to our beat. Once they joined us, we started to hop to the other's side in an alternating motion with each tom taking a queen and picking her up in varying forms. I caught a glimpse of Tugger picking up Bomba from behind while Admetus picked Deme up from underneath her and lifted her into the air in a graceful motion. Munkus lifted me the same way Tugger did, brothers think alike after all, and once we finished our little dance solo he pecked me on the lips softly. 

I gasped quietly and the Sentinel smirked while leaning in for another kiss. Bomba also received such treatment from Tugger which made me smile inside, Bomba and Tugger finally confessed to one another! Munkus lead me to the top of the Leader's tire and murmured in my ear as we sat down, "If you'll have me, Arabella, then I am yours."  I smiled as I rested my head in the crook of his neck, "Then I am yours as well, " Then I remembered how Deme liked Munkustrap too, "What about Deme?" He smiled, "If she'll have me too, then I will ask her as well. You don't mind do you?" I shook my head, "I wouldn't have it any other way Munkus." I turned around in Munkus' lap to see Quaxo and Tumble doing their own dance solo, but with a more graceful twist than that of Bomba and I's. Several other Jellicles danced quietly in the background as Quaxo and Tumble took turns leaping into the air and spinning as they did so. It was then that I decided to join the rest of the Jellicles, with Munkustrap not too far behind me, and started to spin in tight circles around the yard. Old Deuteronomy then wobbled to the center of the yard, almost like a parent trying to calm his children down to go to sleep, but to some avail as we all slowed our spins and leaned backward as we did so. We then made a very loose circle around the Jellicle Leader, pausing from time to time to lean backward dramatically. While Victoria branched off to start her own dance solo, with the Jellicle flute softly playing her a tune, we all made a straight line and did a wave-like motion from one side of the line to the other. Victoria scampered to one side of the yard doing her graceful moves like a human ballerina and we would follow with our wave movements. The Jellicle band then came to a sudden slow as we all leaned backward together as the light began to dim with some of the younger Jellicles gazing in curiosity. 

I smiled to myself as I realized what this was, this was the time for all of the new pairs to come forth and hold a sort of mating ritual that I called "The Mating Dances". It wasn't to my surprise that Quaxo went to the center of the yard with Victoria on his arm. (This is when I start to bend the plot of the movie scene a little, so bear with me...) I saw out of the corner of my eye Tugger ask for Bomba's arm, which she accepted obviously, and Munkus ask for Deme's arm. She nodded and then gestured over to me, which he followed suit with the proposal. I, being proclaimed by Munkustrap as his First, accepting and took his left arm while Deme, now being his Second, took his right arm as we made our way to the center of the yard. Tantomile took Coriopat's arm as well with Alonzo bashfully asking for Jemima's arm. The little red and black queen blushed somewhat but nodded confidently as she took Alonzo's arm. I also didn't expect to see Plato ask for Cassandra's arm, but the Burmese did what any other queen would do and accept his courtship. Quaxo started out the dance with Victoria as he lifted her into the air while scratching a sheathed paw down her thigh. Then Alonzo followed with lifted little Jemima into the air gracefully and, but to add his own cheeky twist to it, raked his paw from Jemima's knee down nearly down to her bum and stopping before the queen protested. Tugger took Bomba into the air and spun her around slowly with their foreheads touching one another. Plato kept Cassandra on the ground but did slightly what Alonzo had done previously and raked both paws down to the brown and white queen's hips. It wasn't too long afterward that Munkus lifted me into the air and did the same to me that Quaxo had done to Vic. Deme also did what Plato had done and raked her paws down to his hips from behind, adding to the intimacy between the three of us. I knew the dances were over once I heard the Jellicle harpsichord slow to a stop as Munkus lowered me to the ground with Deme, sandwiching himself in between us both. The rest of the Jellicles merely laid down circling all of us as the music came to a stop.